|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 41-50.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the rule Kunta must follow when it is time to eat?
(a) Never speak to adults who are eating
(b) Keep his eyes on his own food
(c) Chew with his mouth closed
(d) Eati only after the adults begin
2. What does Omoro say about those who become slaves during a battle against an enemy?
(a) That those men are embittered and will eventually fight again.
(b) That those men agreed to be slaves to save their families.
(c) That those men weren't brave enough to die.
(d) That those men were honored to serve the men who defeated them.
3. What name is given to Kunta's baby brother?
4. What is the purpose of the charms at the head of Omoro's bed?
(a) To ward off evil spirits
(b) To ensure good hunting
(c) To keep Kunta from having bad dreams
(d) To provide decoration
5. What is the fate of the young girl who jumps overboard?
(a) She is left behind.
(b) She drowns.
(c) She is eaten by sharks.
(d) She is shot by the slavers.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why are battles begun late in the day?
2. What is the significance of a wrestler picking up the headpiece of a village girl?
3. Where does Kunta plan to go on his next trip?
4. Who is the woman who tends Kunta after his failed escape attempt?
5. What is the message Kunta believes has come to him from Allah after he is on land?
This section contains 366 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)