|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 21-30.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the purpose of the charms at the head of Omoro's bed?
(a) To ensure good hunting
(b) To ward off evil spirits
(c) To keep Kunta from having bad dreams
(d) To provide decoration
2. What happens to one of Kunta's goats while he is supposed to be watching over them?
(a) It is killed by a panther.
(b) It is killed by a hyena.
(c) It dies giving birth.
(d) It wanders away and is lost.
3. Who has the responsibility for harvesting rice?
(a) The women
(b) The young boys
(c) The entire family
(d) The men
4. What do the men of the village give the "magic man" when he arrives at Jeffure?
(c) A beating
5. Which of the following is not a rule Omoro tells Kunta will help keep him safe from being taken by the toubob?
(a) Stay away from high bushes and weeds
(b) Never be alone
(c) Never be out at night
(d) Never be without a weapon
Short Answer Questions
1. What question is NOT asked of the boys of Kunta's group upon their graduation?
2. Kunta's daydreams of _________ whenever he finds himself alone with his goats to tend
3. How many times do the mourning women walk around Kunta's grandmother when she dies?
4. Who looks after Kunta and the other young children of the tribe?
5. What does Omoro say about those who become slaves during a battle against an enemy?
This section contains 313 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)