|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 21-30.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What item is bestowed on Kunta by Binta to mark his next step into manhood?
(a) A new knife
(b) New clothes
(c) A slingshot
(d) New shoes
2. What is it that causes Lamin to scream as he and Kunta travel?
(a) A panther
(b) An elephant
(c) A thorn
(d) An old man
3. What do the elders say is the advantage the toubob have over the tribes of Africans?
(a) That the tribes don't band together against him.
(b) That he has money to buy what he wants.
(c) That he comes in great numbers.
(d) That he lies and cheats naturally.
4. What year is the baby who will be named Kunta born?
5. What does a shrouded moon signify?
(a) That there will be a storm.
(b) That Allah is displeased.
(c) That the following day will be bright.
(d) That Allah is preparing a reward.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the fate of a boy who fails the manhood training?
2. Why do the young men grow lots of food?
3. What question is NOT asked of the boys of Kunta's group upon their graduation?
4. What is the purpose of the turtle and the fish in the village well?
5. Which of the following is not a rule Omoro tells Kunta will help keep him safe from being taken by the toubob?
This section contains 319 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)