|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 21-30.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After whom is Kunta named?
(a) His grandmother
(b) His father
(c) The midwife
(d) His grandfather
2. Where is Kunta to live when he returns to the village after his manhood training?
(a) In a hut with other young men of his age
(b) In his own hut
(c) In the hut of his mother
(d) In the hut with his father
3. What is it that causes Lamin to scream as he and Kunta travel?
(a) A panther
(b) An elephant
(c) An old man
(d) A thorn
4. How is Kunta told that a griot learns his skill?
(a) By spending time with the minds of the ancestors.
(b) By traveling from tribe to tribe and learning from tribe elders.
(c) By studying with the elder griots.
(d) By reading the written ancestry of the tribes.
5. According to custom, when is Kunta to be weaned?
(a) When he can talk
(b) As soon as he can eat meat
(c) At one year
(d) When he can walk
Short Answer Questions
1. Who tells Kunta and the other children the story of Kunta's grandfather's prayers for the deliverance from the drought?
2. Which of the following is not a pastime of Kunta and his friends?
3. Why do Kunta and his father gather the dust of their first footprints of their journey?
4. Who looks after Kunta and the other young children of the tribe?
5. What is the name of the brother born during Kunta's manhood training?
This section contains 286 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)