|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 21-30.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the significance of a wrestler picking up the headpiece of a village girl?
(a) There is no significance.
(b) He is signalling an appreciation for her sewing ability.
(c) He is expressing his interest in marriage.
(d) He is offering to trade her a gift for the head piece.
2. What is the one item Omoro keeps from Kunta's childish grasp?
(a) The charms at the head of his bed
(b) The hot coals of the fire
(c) The prayer rug
(d) The arrows
3. What do the elders say is the advantage the toubob have over the tribes of Africans?
(a) That the tribes don't band together against him.
(b) That he has money to buy what he wants.
(c) That he lies and cheats naturally.
(d) That he comes in great numbers.
4. Which of the following is not a rule Omoro tells Kunta will help keep him safe from being taken by the toubob?
(a) Stay away from high bushes and weeds
(b) Never be out at night
(c) Never be without a weapon
(d) Never be alone
5. What do the men of the village give the "magic man" when he arrives at Jeffure?
(a) A beating
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the rule Kunta must follow when it is time to eat?
2. What is the purpose of the turtle and the fish in the village well?
3. Who looks after Kunta and the other young children of the tribe?
4. What happens to one of Kunta's goats while he is supposed to be watching over them?
5. How is Kunta told that a griot learns his skill?
This section contains 361 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)