|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 21-30.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many times do the mourning women walk around Kunta's grandmother when she dies?
2. Kunta's daydreams of _________ whenever he finds himself alone with his goats to tend
(a) A wildebeast
(b) A mighty lion
(c) An angry elephant
(d) A wounded buffalo
3. What is the gift Omoro gives Kunta upon his graduation?
(a) A blessing
(b) A drum
(c) A new set of clothes
(d) A pair of goats
4. What do Kunta and Lamin have when they return to Juffure?
(a) Seeds for new crops
(b) Enough gold to buy a cow
(c) A collection of elephant tusks
(d) A panther hide
5. Why are battles begun late in the day?
(a) So that the losing enemy could save face by retreating into the darkness.
(b) Because Allah is with the attackers at that time of day.
(c) So that the attackers could use the setting sun to confuse the enemy.
(d) So that the battle could not go on too long.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the fate of a boy who fails the manhood training?
2. Who tells Kunta and the other children the story of Kunta's grandfather's prayers for the deliverance from the drought?
3. Why do the children of Kunta's village try to catch the flakes of ashes?
4. Which of the following is not a pastime of Kunta and his friends?
5. What item is bestowed on Kunta by Omoro to mark his next step into manhood at age twelve?
This section contains 317 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)