|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 11-20.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many strings does the instrument called a kora have?
2. What is the drawing on the hide displayed by Janneh?
(a) The history of their people
(b) A map of the locations of the tribes of Africa
(c) A map of Africa
(d) Writing of Allah
3. How do the people of Juffure learn that there are ferocious wrestlers on their way to the village?
(a) A strange drum beat
(b) There is no warning
(c) The wrestlers always come at this time
(d) A messenger arrives with the news
4. What is the name of the village where Kunta lives?
5. What is the rule Kunta must follow when it is time to eat?
(a) Never speak to adults who are eating
(b) Keep his eyes on his own food
(c) Chew with his mouth closed
(d) Eati only after the adults begin
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following is not a rule Omoro tells Kunta will help keep him safe from being taken by the toubob?
2. What does a shrouded moon signify?
3. How many times do the mourning women walk around Kunta's grandmother when she dies?
4. What color does Binta dye her new cotton for the family's clothing?
5. What do Kunta's friends believe about the toubob?
This section contains 286 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)