|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 11-20.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What item is bestowed on Kunta by Omoro to mark his next step into manhood at age twelve?
(a) A new bow
(b) New shoes
(c) New clothes
(d) A slingshot
2. Kunta's daydreams of _________ whenever he finds himself alone with his goats to tend
(a) An angry elephant
(b) A wildebeast
(c) A mighty lion
(d) A wounded buffalo
3. Who has the responsibility for harvesting rice?
(a) The women
(b) The entire family
(c) The men
(d) The young boys
4. What color does Binta dye her new cotton for the family's clothing?
(c) No color
5. What is the significance of a wrestler picking up the headpiece of a village girl?
(a) There is no significance.
(b) He is signalling an appreciation for her sewing ability.
(c) He is expressing his interest in marriage.
(d) He is offering to trade her a gift for the head piece.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does a shrouded moon signify?
2. How old are girls when they prepare to marry?
3. What do Kunta's friends believe about the toubob?
4. What is the purpose of the charms at the head of Omoro's bed?
5. After whom is Kunta named?
This section contains 274 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)