|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 31-40.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the drawing on the hide displayed by Janneh?
(a) A map of the locations of the tribes of Africa
(b) Writing of Allah
(c) A map of Africa
(d) The history of their people
2. What is the fate of a boy who fails the manhood training?
(a) He is treated always like a child and never marries.
(b) He is given another chance the following year.
(c) He is killed.
(d) He is sent from the village.
3. What is the one item Omoro keeps from Kunta's childish grasp?
(a) The arrows
(b) The hot coals of the fire
(c) The charms at the head of his bed
(d) The prayer rug
4. What is the fate of the young girl who jumps overboard?
(a) She drowns.
(b) She is shot by the slavers.
(c) She is left behind.
(d) She is eaten by sharks.
5. What does Omoro say about those who become slaves during a battle against an enemy?
(a) That those men were honored to serve the men who defeated them.
(b) That those men are embittered and will eventually fight again.
(c) That those men agreed to be slaves to save their families.
(d) That those men weren't brave enough to die.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do the elders say is the advantage the toubob have over the tribes of Africans?
2. What question is NOT asked of the boys of Kunta's group upon their graduation?
3. How is Kunta told that a griot learns his skill?
4. How old are girls when they prepare to marry?
5. What is the message Kunta believes has come to him from Allah after he is on land?
This section contains 396 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)