|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 31-40.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many times do the mourning women walk around Kunta's grandmother when she dies?
2. What do the elders say is the advantage the toubob have over the tribes of Africans?
(a) That the tribes don't band together against him.
(b) That he comes in great numbers.
(c) That he lies and cheats naturally.
(d) That he has money to buy what he wants.
3. What is the message Kunta believes has come to him from Allah after he is on land?
(a) That he will survive if he continues to have faith.
(b) That he is to be returned to his family.
(c) That the wise man learns from the animals.
(d) That his life is in the hands of Allah.
4. Kunta discovers he is chained to _________.
(a) The wall of a ship
(b) A donkey
(c) A tree
(d) Other men
5. What do Kunta's friends believe about the toubob?
(a) That they take captives to become their slaves.
(b) That they kill their captives as offerings to their gods.
(c) That they force their captives to walk until they die.
(d) That they take captives to eat them.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the significance of a wrestler picking up the headpiece of a village girl?
2. How is Kunta fed when he becomes too weak to eat for himself?
3. Why are battles begun late in the day?
4. According to custom, when is Kunta to be weaned?
5. What is the drawing on the hide displayed by Janneh?
This section contains 375 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)