|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 61-70.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Kunta believe to be the reason for the scrubbing, medicating and shaving just after land is sighted?
(a) That they are to be eaten.
(b) That they are being prepared for sale.
(c) That they are to be sent to Allah.
(d) That they are to be killed.
2. What is the occupation of Kunta's owner?
(a) A politician
(b) A gentleman farmer
(c) A doctor
(d) A lawyer
3. What do Kunta and Lamin have when they return to Juffure?
(a) Enough gold to buy a cow
(b) A panther hide
(c) Seeds for new crops
(d) A collection of elephant tusks
4. What is the purpose of the turtle and the fish in the village well?
(a) They are left there as a prank by the younger boys
(b) To eat insects
(c) There is no purpose
(d) To provide food
5. What do the elders say is the advantage the toubob have over the tribes of Africans?
(a) That he lies and cheats naturally.
(b) That the tribes don't band together against him.
(c) That he has money to buy what he wants.
(d) That he comes in great numbers.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the attitude of Nyo Boto toward the men of the tribe?
2. Why are battles begun late in the day?
3. What is the fate of the young girl who jumps overboard?
4. Why do the children of Kunta's village try to catch the flakes of ashes?
5. What is the drawing on the hide displayed by Janneh?
This section contains 367 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)