|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 61-70.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do Kunta and Lamin have when they return to Juffure?
(a) A collection of elephant tusks
(b) Enough gold to buy a cow
(c) A panther hide
(d) Seeds for new crops
2. How is Kunta told that a griot learns his skill?
(a) By traveling from tribe to tribe and learning from tribe elders.
(b) By spending time with the minds of the ancestors.
(c) By studying with the elder griots.
(d) By reading the written ancestry of the tribes.
3. How many days is Kunta held in the hold of the ship before being allowed on deck?
4. What is the sight that distracts everyone and allows the captive from the Wolof tribe to attack?
(a) Flying fish
(b) The dancing slaves
(c) A sudden storm on the horizon
(d) Another ship
5. What is Kunta wearing when he wakes after his attack?
(b) His own bloodied clothes
(c) White man's clothing
(d) Only a loincloth
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Bell say she discovered about the slaves if their master dies without a wife?
2. How is Kunta fed when he becomes too weak to eat for himself?
3. Which of the following is not a rule Omoro tells Kunta will help keep him safe from being taken by the toubob?
4. Why are battles begun late in the day?
5. What two items are used to stuff mattresses for the slaves?
This section contains 347 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)