|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 61-70.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the fate of the young girl who jumps overboard?
(a) She is shot by the slavers.
(b) She drowns.
(c) She is left behind.
(d) She is eaten by sharks.
2. How is Bell getting information about the uprising against England?
(a) The master is talking to her.
(b) She finds documents left by the master
(c) She listens in on conversations whenever there is company.
(d) News comes from slaves of other plantations.
3. What is the message Kunta believes has come to him from Allah after he is on land?
(a) That his life is in the hands of Allah.
(b) That he is to be returned to his family.
(c) That he will survive if he continues to have faith.
(d) That the wise man learns from the animals.
4. Kunta's daydreams of _________ whenever he finds himself alone with his goats to tend
(a) A mighty lion
(b) An angry elephant
(c) A wildebeast
(d) A wounded buffalo
5. Why do Kunta and his father gather the dust of their first footprints of their journey?
(a) To have a piece of home with them at all times.
(b) There is no explanation.
(c) To ensure their footprints would return to that place.
(d) That dirt is blessed by Kunta's mother.
Short Answer Questions
1. How old are girls when they prepare to marry?
2. What is Binta's reaction to the news that Kunta will be taking Lamin on a trip?
3. What is the name of the brother born during Kunta's manhood training?
4. Why are the young men of Kunta's age urged to attend council meetings?
5. What does Bell say about the reason the master has never been married?
This section contains 362 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)