|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. The narrator says that "money dignifies what is __________ if unpaid for."
2. How many sitting rooms did a middle-class 19th century family have?
3. Woolf points out that most great male writers were not ______.
4. What is lacking in Carmichael's writing, according to the narrator?
5. Dorothy Osborne claims that she would not resort to fiction even if she couldn't ________.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the evolution of women as the narrator takes the reader through it. Include a discussion of women as characters as well as writers.
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the tone of A Room of One's Own. Compare it to other feminist works. Discuss the use of humor/sarcasm for levity. How is the tone dream-like in some places?
Essay Topic 3
In what ways do readers react to literature? Discuss what the narrator shares about how we respond to style, what readers will accept from a story, etc.
This section contains 166 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)