Final Test - Hard
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Compared to Jane Eyre, how long is Carmichael's book?
2. With which side of their brains does the narrator say men are now writing?
3. What occupation are Chloe and Olivia engaged in?
4. In how many years does the narrator expect for writers like Carmichael to become great?
5. In what year was Lady Winchilsea born?
Explain the use of literary allusions in A Room of One's Own. Who/what is mentioned? How do these people and works relate to the story? What does the prevalence of allusions indirectly say about the author's own intelligence?
Does money truly lead to freedom? How does this concept apply across both genders? How does having a fixed income inhibit or expand the narrator's ability to draw conclusions about women and fiction?
Discuss the evolution of women as the narrator takes the reader through it. Include a discussion of women as characters as well as writers.
This section contains 187 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)