Final Test - Hard
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Compared to Jane Eyre, how long is Carmichael's book?
2. With which side of their brains does the narrator say men are now writing?
3. What occupation are Chloe and Olivia engaged in?
4. In how many years does the narrator expect for writers like Carmichael to become great?
5. In what year was Lady Winchilsea born?
Is A Room of One's Own a work of fiction, or merely an essay? Discuss the structure of the story and the elements of fiction within it.
What major obstacles do women writers face, according to the narrator? Provide and describe three examples from the text. At what time, and why, did these obstacles exist? Were they overcome? How? What obstacles still exist?
Describe the major differences between Oxbridge and Fernham as they relate to the larger theme of the inequality of the sexes during the time period examined by the narrator. What other examples of disparate treatment does the narrator provide? How is inequality evident throughout the time periods readers are exposed to in the novel?
This section contains 208 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)