Final Test - Hard
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Compared to Jane Eyre, how long is Carmichael's book?
2. With which side of their brains does the narrator say men are now writing?
3. What occupation are Chloe and Olivia engaged in?
4. In how many years does the narrator expect for writers like Carmichael to become great?
5. In what year was Lady Winchilsea born?
What major obstacles do women writers face, according to the narrator? Provide and describe three examples from the text. At what time, and why, did these obstacles exist? Were they overcome? How? What obstacles still exist?
Discuss the shift in point of view that takes place at the end of the novel. Why is it important? How does Woolf address potential critics? What does she reveal as the motive for this lecture?
Explain the use of literary allusions in A Room of One's Own. Who/what is mentioned? How do these people and works relate to the story? What does the prevalence of allusions indirectly say about the author's own intelligence?
This section contains 202 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)