Final Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Compared to Jane Eyre, how long is Carmichael's book?
2. With which side of their brains does the narrator say men are now writing?
3. What occupation are Chloe and Olivia engaged in?
4. In how many years does the narrator expect for writers like Carmichael to become great?
5. In what year was Lady Winchilsea born?
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the importance of structure, integrity, and experience in creating fiction. What were the differences in how women approached these things vs. men?
Essay Topic 2
Describe the major differences between Oxbridge and Fernham as they relate to the larger theme of the inequality of the sexes during the time period examined by the narrator. What other examples of disparate treatment does the narrator provide? How is inequality evident throughout the time periods readers are exposed to in the novel?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the consistent references to rhythm and flow throughout the text. What imagery evokes a rhythmic flow in the narrator's story? What does Woolf explicitly say about rhythm and unity?
This section contains 204 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)