|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. In what century does the narrator believe women finally became complex characters in fiction?
2. What does the narrator say is hard to measure?
3. What is the date at the beginning of Chapter 6?
4. What does the narrator say is natural for the sexes to do?
5. Who does the narrator give as an example of someone who wrote with both sides of his brain?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What major obstacles do women writers face, according to the narrator? Provide and describe three examples from the text. At what time, and why, did these obstacles exist? Were they overcome? How? What obstacles still exist?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the characterization of Judith. How is she different from her brother? How are they similar? What does she represent to the narrator?
Essay Topic 3
What is the purpose or main thesis of A Room of One's Own? What evidence does Woolf provide to support her thesis?
This section contains 176 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)