|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Compared to Jane Eyre, how long is Carmichael's book?
2. With which side of their brains does the narrator say men are now writing?
3. What occupation are Chloe and Olivia engaged in?
4. In how many years does the narrator expect for writers like Carmichael to become great?
5. In what year was Lady Winchilsea born?
Essay Topic 1
What does the narrator seem to say about relationships, both between characters and real people? What do we seek in relationships, according to the narrator?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the characterization of Judith. How is she different from her brother? How are they similar? What does she represent to the narrator?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the reasons why women were more successful, initially, in writing novels than in writing poetry.
This section contains 770 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)