Final Test - Hard
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Compared to Jane Eyre, how long is Carmichael's book?
2. With which side of their brains does the narrator say men are now writing?
3. What occupation are Chloe and Olivia engaged in?
4. In how many years does the narrator expect for writers like Carmichael to become great?
5. In what year was Lady Winchilsea born?
Discuss the shift in point of view that takes place at the end of the novel. Why is it important? How does Woolf address potential critics? What does she reveal as the motive for this lecture?
Discuss the importance of structure, integrity, and experience in creating fiction. What were the differences in how women approached these things vs. men?
Describe the different ways that the narrator reveals women are objectified. For example, how are they simply mirrors for men? In what other ways are women presented as inactive objects?
This section contains 180 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)