|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Male writers often referred to women who wrote as "_________ with an itch for scribbling."
2. What does the narrator say the sight of a woman "creating in a different medium than his own" does to a man?
3. What does the narrator say is hard to measure?
4. What is the name of one of the characters in the man's book that the narrator reads as a follow-up to her studies of books by women?
5. What was the "genre" of Dorothy Osborne's writing?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1Discuss the characterization of Judith. How is she different from her brother? How are they similar? What does she represent to the narrator?
Essay Topic 2In what ways do readers react to literature? Discuss what the narrator shares about how we respond to style, what readers will accept from a story, etc.
Essay Topic 3What does the narrator seem to say about relationships, both between characters and real people? What do we seek in relationships, according to the narrator?
This section contains 195 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)