|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do Lady Winchilsea and Margaret of Newcastle have in common?
2. What does Woolf list as examples of excuses women will use not to write?
3. In what city does the narrator observe the comings and goings of people on the street from her window?
4. The narrator claims that a book is built of "_________ built...into arcades or domes."
5. John Langdon Davies said that women become unnecessary when children become ________.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Describe the different ways that the narrator reveals women are objectified. For example, how are they simply mirrors for men? In what other ways are women presented as inactive objects?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the evolution of women as the narrator takes the reader through it. Include a discussion of women as characters as well as writers.
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the importance of structure, integrity, and experience in creating fiction. What were the differences in how women approached these things vs. men?
This section contains 201 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)