|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. To what physical trait does the narrator compare these vanities?
2. What does the narrator say that the modern woman writer may use writing as, rather than self-expression?
3. What occupation are Chloe and Olivia engaged in?
4. The narrator encourages the audience to "earn 500 a year" by using what?
5. Why did Behn start writing for money?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
In what ways do readers react to literature? Discuss what the narrator shares about how we respond to style, what readers will accept from a story, etc.
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the evolution of women as the narrator takes the reader through it. Include a discussion of women as characters as well as writers.
Essay Topic 3
What is the purpose or main thesis of A Room of One's Own? What evidence does Woolf provide to support her thesis?
This section contains 195 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)