|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is the author of Jane Eyre?
(b) Charlotte Bronte.
(c) Jane Austen.
(d) Virginia Woolf.
2. From what social class is Lady Winchilsea?
3. Who does the narrator give as an example of someone who wrote with both sides of his brain?
4. What does the narrator say is the problem with the relationships between women in fiction?
(a) They are too complex.
(b) They are not realistic.
(c) They do not exist.
(d) They are too simple.
5. According to the narrator, what holds a novel together?
(a) The characters.
(b) The author.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the name of Jane Austen's great novel?
2. What kind of writer is Mr. B?
3. Up until Behn, what did female writers lack?
4. The narrator claims that a book is built of "_________ built...into arcades or domes."
5. The narrator says that "money dignifies what is __________ if unpaid for."
This section contains 177 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)