|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What reaction does the predominance of the perceived "shadow" cause in the narrator as she reads the man's novel in Chapter 6?
2. The narrator encourages the audience to "earn 500 a year" by using what?
(a) Their bodies.
(b) Their investments.
(c) Their wits.
(d) Their talent.
3. What kind of writer is Mr. B?
(a) A theologian.
(b) A critic.
(c) A historian.
(d) A novelist.
4. What was the "genre" of Dorothy Osborne's writing?
5. What age does the narrator say has been the most sex-conscious?
(a) Her own.
(b) The Golden Age.
(c) The Romantics.
(d) The Elizabethans.
Short Answer Questions
1. Whose point of view takes over for the narrator at the end of Chapter 6?
2. The narrator says that "money dignifies what is __________ if unpaid for."
3. What is Carmichael's novel called?
4. What virtues did Behn posses, according to the narrator?
5. What element of Jane Austen's does Carmichael "break up?"
This section contains 180 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)