|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. With which side of their brains does the narrator say men are now writing?
(a) The right side.
(b) The male side.
(c) The left side.
(d) The female sight.
2. What does the narrator say is hard to measure?
(a) A man's education.
(c) A woman.
(d) Her own intelligence.
3. Compared to Jane Eyre, how long is Carmichael's book?
(a) Only a few pages longer.
(b) Twice as long.
(c) About half the length.
(d) The same length.
4. Why did Behn start writing for money?
(a) She started a newspaper.
(b) Her husband died.
(c) She was discovered by an agency.
(d) Her husband lost his job.
5. What, according to the narrator, is it fatal for anyone who writes to do?
(a) Get too emotional.
(b) Misspell a word.
(c) Think of their sex.
(d) Write poetry.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the narrator say the sight of a woman "creating in a different medium than his own" does to a man?
2. To what does the narrator refer as a "complex force?"
3. The narrator contends that education ought to bring out the ________ between the sexes.
4. Whose letters seem to forebode an age of virility?
5. Dorothy Osborne claims that she would not resort to fiction even if she couldn't ________.
This section contains 217 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)