|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. To what author does the narrator attribute the idea that a great mind is androgynous?
2. What name does the narrator give to the male author she reads after reading so many novels by women?
(a) Mr. X.
(b) Professor D.
(c) Marc B.
(d) Mr. A.
3. What is the date at the beginning of Chapter 6?
(a) May 1, 1908.
(b) December 25, 1954.
(c) October 26, 1928.
(d) April 5, 1776.
4. What does the narrator say Carmichael is definitely NOT?
(a) A hypocrite.
(b) A genius.
(c) A real person.
(d) A writer.
5. Why did Behn start writing for money?
(a) She started a newspaper.
(b) She was discovered by an agency.
(c) Her husband died.
(d) Her husband lost his job.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do Lady Winchilsea and Margaret of Newcastle have in common?
2. What is the name of one of the characters in the man's book that the narrator reads as a follow-up to her studies of books by women?
3. From what social class is Lady Winchilsea?
4. Dorothy Osborne claims that she would not resort to fiction even if she couldn't ________.
5. According to the narrator, what holds a novel together?
This section contains 210 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)