|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Compared to Jane Eyre, how long is Carmichael's book?
(a) The same length.
(b) About half the length.
(c) Twice as long.
(d) Only a few pages longer.
2. With which side of their brains does the narrator say men are now writing?
(a) The female sight.
(b) The male side.
(c) The right side.
(d) The left side.
3. What occupation are Chloe and Olivia engaged in?
(a) Building a house.
(b) Sewing uniforms.
(c) Mincing liver.
(d) Curing cancer.
4. In how many years does the narrator expect for writers like Carmichael to become great?
5. In what year was Lady Winchilsea born?
Short Answer Questions
1. One objection that Woolf addresses to her narrative is that she is being too _________ in her arguments.
2. From what social class is Lady Winchilsea?
3. What did writing become with the example of Behn?
4. What does the narrator say the sight of a woman "creating in a different medium than his own" does to a man?
5. In the case of Charlotte Bronte, what does the narrator claim Bronte's gender interfered with?
This section contains 194 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)