|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In what year was Lady Winchilsea born?
2. What name does the narrator give to the male author she reads after reading so many novels by women?
(a) Marc B.
(b) Mr. X.
(c) Professor D.
(d) Mr. A.
3. Whose letters seem to forebode an age of virility?
(b) Sir Walter Raleigh's.
(c) Her mother's.
4. In terms of fiction, what things did society deem more important than women's feelings?
(a) Men's thoughts.
(b) Social causes.
(c) Love scenes.
(d) Battle scenes.
5. What do Lady Winchilsea and Margaret of Newcastle have in common?
(a) They work at the same seamstress shop.
(b) They are married to the same man.
(c) They are both happy.
(d) They have no children.
Short Answer Questions
1. Dorothy Osborne claims that she would not resort to fiction even if she couldn't ________.
2. How does the narrator address Carmichael?
3. To what does Woolf compare Fascist poetry?
4. When reading the man's novel, what does the narrator feel overshadows it?
5. What is lacking in Carmichael's writing, according to the narrator?
This section contains 197 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)