|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. As a metaphor for androgyny in writing, what does the narrator say poetry needs?
(a) A father and a mother.
(b) A sex change.
(c) A makeover.
(d) A sister.
2. In Carmichael's novel, what do Chloe and Olivia share?
(a) A lover.
(b) A laboratory.
(c) An office.
(d) An apartment.
3. What is the name of one of the characters in the man's book that the narrator reads as a follow-up to her studies of books by women?
4. What things does Carmichael not possess enough of, according to the narrator?
(a) All of the above.
5. In what month was Mary Carmichael's book published?
Short Answer Questions
1. What, according to the narrator, has given women wider range in fiction?
2. According to the narrator, Elizabethan literature would have been very different if women had begun writing in what century?
3. What is lacking in Carmichael's writing, according to the narrator?
4. The narrator contemplates the "unity of the ______" as she observes the rhythm of life on the streets below.
5. What was the name of Jane Austen's great novel?
This section contains 209 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)