|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Carmichael's novel, what do Chloe and Olivia share?
(a) A laboratory.
(b) An office.
(c) An apartment.
(d) A lover.
2. What did writing become with the example of Behn?
3. What name does the narrator give to the male author she reads after reading so many novels by women?
(a) Professor D.
(b) Mr. A.
(c) Marc B.
(d) Mr. X.
4. To what author does the narrator attribute the idea that a great mind is androgynous?
5. What do Lady Winchilsea and Margaret of Newcastle have in common?
(a) They have no children.
(b) They work at the same seamstress shop.
(c) They are both happy.
(d) They are married to the same man.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the narrator find awkward about Carmichael's writing?
2. Compared to Jane Eyre, how long is Carmichael's book?
3. What was the "genre" of Dorothy Osborne's writing?
4. What, according to the narrator, is it fatal for anyone who writes to do?
5. Which gender does the narrator say is to blame for the current state of fiction?
This section contains 207 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)