|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In how many years does the narrator expect for writers like Carmichael to become great?
2. Of what social class was Behn?
3. Who does the narrator describe as "whimsically despotic?"
(a) Lady Dudley.
(b) Lord Dudley.
(c) Dorothy's father.
(d) Her husband.
4. What does the narrator say is hard to measure?
(a) A woman.
(b) Her own intelligence.
(c) A man's education.
5. What name does the narrator give to the male author she reads after reading so many novels by women?
(a) Mr. X.
(b) Professor D.
(c) Mr. A.
(d) Marc B.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of one of the characters in the man's book that the narrator reads as a follow-up to her studies of books by women?
2. The narrator claims that a book is built of "_________ built...into arcades or domes."
3. What reaction does the predominance of the perceived "shadow" cause in the narrator as she reads the man's novel in Chapter 6?
4. What did writing become with the example of Behn?
5. What age does the narrator say has been the most sex-conscious?
This section contains 193 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)