|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of one of the characters in the man's book that the narrator reads as a follow-up to her studies of books by women?
2. The narrator encourages the audience to "earn 500 a year" by using what?
(a) Their talent.
(b) Their investments.
(c) Their wits.
(d) Their bodies.
3. What is lacking in Carmichael's writing, according to the narrator?
4. What, according to the narrator, were the relationships between those who have sought the company of women NOT?
5. What does the narrator say is natural for the sexes to do?
Short Answer Questions
1. Dorothy Osborne claims that she would not resort to fiction even if she couldn't ________.
2. What does Woolf list as examples of excuses women will use not to write?
3. What did writing become with the example of Behn?
4. According to the narrator, Elizabethan literature would have been very different if women had begun writing in what century?
5. What does the narrator say Carmichael is definitely NOT?
This section contains 202 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)