|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. John Langdon Davies said that women become unnecessary when children become ________.
2. To what does Woolf compare Fascist poetry?
(a) A storm.
(b) A sewer.
(c) An abortion.
(d) A disease.
3. With which side of their brains does the narrator say men are now writing?
(a) The male side.
(b) The left side.
(c) The right side.
(d) The female sight.
4. Why did Behn start writing for money?
(a) She started a newspaper.
(b) She was discovered by an agency.
(c) Her husband died.
(d) Her husband lost his job.
5. Who does the narrator describe as "whimsically despotic?"
(a) Dorothy's father.
(b) Lady Dudley.
(c) Lord Dudley.
(d) Her husband.
Short Answer Questions
1. Dorothy Osborne claims that she would not resort to fiction even if she couldn't ________.
2. What is the name of one of the characters in the man's book that the narrator reads as a follow-up to her studies of books by women?
3. The narrator claims that the _________ with which men write is incomprehensible to women.
4. Woolf points out that most great male writers were not ______.
5. Which gender does the narrator say is to blame for the current state of fiction?
This section contains 196 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)