|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. At the end of her research, whose books does the narrator come to?
(a) Her own.
(d) The living.
2. According to the narrator, Lady Winchilsea's mind has not become _________.
3. What kind of writer is Mr. B?
(a) A novelist.
(b) A theologian.
(c) A historian.
(d) A critic.
4. To what does Woolf compare Fascist poetry?
(a) A sewer.
(b) A disease.
(c) An abortion.
(d) A storm.
5. In what year was Lady Winchilsea born?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does the narrator describe as "whimsically despotic?"
2. What name does the narrator give to the male author she reads after reading so many novels by women?
3. The narrator claims that the _________ with which men write is incomprehensible to women.
4. What, according to the narrator, were the relationships between those who have sought the company of women NOT?
5. Woolf points out that most great male writers were not ______.
This section contains 166 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)