|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What phrase in Carmichael's novel startles the narrator and starts her reflection on women as characters?
(a) "The women were angry."
(b) "I like men."
(c) "Chloe loved Roger."
(d) "Chloe liked Olivia."
2. The narrator says that Dorothy Osborne had a talent for what?
(b) Framing a sentence.
(d) Inventing a word.
3. What was the "genre" of Dorothy Osborne's writing?
4. What is the name of one of the characters in the man's book that the narrator reads as a follow-up to her studies of books by women?
5. In what year was Lady Winchilsea born?
Short Answer Questions
1. At the end of her research, whose books does the narrator come to?
2. What element of Jane Austen's does Carmichael "break up?"
3. What, according to the narrator, has given women wider range in fiction?
4. Of what social class was Behn?
5. Whose point of view takes over for the narrator at the end of Chapter 6?
This section contains 190 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)