|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. For how much did Bronte sell the copyright of her novels?
(a) 5,000 dollars.
(b) 500 pounds.
(c) 1,500 pounds.
(d) Six pence.
2. The effect of masculinity upon poetry is different from its effect on the _____.
3. What trait, claims the narrator, has now become self-conscious?
4. At the end of her research, whose books does the narrator come to?
(c) The living.
(d) Her own.
5. The narrator claims that the _________ with which men write is incomprehensible to women.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Jane Austen do to hide her manuscripts as she wrote them?
2. What do Lady Winchilsea and Margaret of Newcastle have in common?
3. What is the name of one of the characters in the man's book that the narrator reads as a follow-up to her studies of books by women?
4. Up until Behn, what did female writers lack?
5. Why did Behn start writing for money?
This section contains 216 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)