|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In terms of fiction, what things did society deem more important than women's feelings?
(a) Love scenes.
(b) Men's thoughts.
(c) Social causes.
(d) Battle scenes.
2. What do Lady Winchilsea and Margaret of Newcastle have in common?
(a) They are both happy.
(b) They work at the same seamstress shop.
(c) They are married to the same man.
(d) They have no children.
3. In the case of Charlotte Bronte, what does the narrator claim Bronte's gender interfered with?
(a) The tone of the novel.
(b) The novel's integrity.
(c) The reader.
(d) Her happiness.
4. Who is the author of Jane Eyre?
(a) Charlotte Bronte.
(c) Jane Austen.
(d) Virginia Woolf.
5. What kind of writer is Mr. B?
(a) A theologian.
(b) A critic.
(c) A historian.
(d) A novelist.
Short Answer Questions
1. Male writers often referred to women who wrote as "_________ with an itch for scribbling."
2. What, according to the narrator, were the relationships between those who have sought the company of women NOT?
3. According to the narrator, what holds a novel together?
4. What is the date at the beginning of Chapter 6?
5. Why did Behn start writing for money?
This section contains 204 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)