|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. John Langdon Davies said that women become unnecessary when children become ________.
2. What does the narrator say the sight of a woman "creating in a different medium than his own" does to a man?
(a) Invigorates him.
(b) Turns him on.
(c) Pushes him away.
(d) Makes him angry.
3. Who is the author of Jane Eyre?
(a) Charlotte Bronte.
(c) Jane Austen.
(d) Virginia Woolf.
4. In the case of Charlotte Bronte, what does the narrator claim Bronte's gender interfered with?
(a) The reader.
(b) Her happiness.
(c) The tone of the novel.
(d) The novel's integrity.
5. According to the narrator, what holds a novel together?
(b) The characters.
(d) The author.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Carmichael's novel called?
2. Dorothy Osborne claims that she would not resort to fiction even if she couldn't ________.
3. What did Jane Austen do to hide her manuscripts as she wrote them?
4. Of what social class was Behn?
5. Why did Behn start writing for money?
This section contains 204 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)