|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. John Langdon Davies said that women become unnecessary when children become ________.
2. What is Carmichael's novel called?
(a) Life's Adventure.
(b) My Story.
(c) Women and Fiction.
(d) A Tale of Two Cities.
3. What does the narrator say that the modern woman writer may use writing as, rather than self-expression?
4. What do Lady Winchilsea and Margaret of Newcastle have in common?
(a) They work at the same seamstress shop.
(b) They are married to the same man.
(c) They are both happy.
(d) They have no children.
5. What tone best describes the poetry of Lady Winchilsea?
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the "genre" of Dorothy Osborne's writing?
2. The narrator says that "money dignifies what is __________ if unpaid for."
3. About whom does the narrator say "she wrote as a woman, but as a woman who has forgotten that she is a woman?"
4. What does the narrator say is hard to measure?
5. What virtues did Behn posses, according to the narrator?
This section contains 190 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)