|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. One objection that Woolf addresses to her narrative is that she is being too _________ in her arguments.
2. The effect of masculinity upon poetry is different from its effect on the _____.
3. The narrator states that when a book lacks suggestive power, it cannot penetrate _______.
(a) The world.
(c) The mind.
(d) A woman's heart.
4. The narrator encourages the audience to "earn 500 a year" by using what?
(a) Their talent.
(b) Their investments.
(c) Their wits.
(d) Their bodies.
5. What does the narrator say is hard to measure?
(a) Her own intelligence.
(c) A man's education.
(d) A woman.
Short Answer Questions
1. To what author does the narrator attribute the idea that a great mind is androgynous?
2. In Carmichael's novel, what do Chloe and Olivia share?
3. From what social class is Lady Winchilsea?
4. To what physical trait does the narrator compare these vanities?
5. What was Behn's first name?
This section contains 184 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)