|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What, according to the narrator, were the relationships between those who have sought the company of women NOT?
2. What does the narrator say Carmichael is definitely NOT?
(a) A hypocrite.
(b) A writer.
(c) A genius.
(d) A real person.
3. The narrator says that Dorothy Osborne had a talent for what?
(a) Inventing a word.
(b) Framing a sentence.
4. With which side of their brains does the narrator say men are now writing?
(a) The left side.
(b) The female sight.
(c) The right side.
(d) The male side.
5. Dorothy Osborne claims that she would not resort to fiction even if she couldn't ________.
Short Answer Questions
1. To what does Woolf compare Fascist poetry?
2. About what does the narrator claim "almost without exception they are shown in their relation to men."
3. What does the narrator find awkward about Carmichael's writing?
4. According to the narrator, Austen, Bronte, and others wrote as ________ wrote, not as men did.
5. Woolf claims that talent cannot be weighed like _________.
This section contains 199 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)