|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. To what does the narrator refer as a "complex force?"
2. What does Woolf list as examples of excuses women will use not to write?
(a) All of the above.
(b) Lack of opportunity.
(c) Lack of money.
(d) Lack of training.
3. According to the narrator, Lady Winchilsea's mind has not become _________.
4. What is the name of one of the characters in the man's book that the narrator reads as a follow-up to her studies of books by women?
5. What do Lady Winchilsea and Margaret of Newcastle have in common?
(a) They have no children.
(b) They are married to the same man.
(c) They work at the same seamstress shop.
(d) They are both happy.
Short Answer Questions
1. What kind of writer is Mr. B?
2. The narrator contends that education ought to bring out the ________ between the sexes.
3. What does the narrator say is natural for the sexes to do?
4. Dorothy Osborne claims that she would not resort to fiction even if she couldn't ________.
5. John Langdon Davies said that women become unnecessary when children become ________.
This section contains 200 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)