|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The writing of the Duchess compares the lives of women to those of what animals?
(d) All of the above.
2. In what genre were women denied the most expression?
3. What was the "genre" of Dorothy Osborne's writing?
4. What is the date at the beginning of Chapter 6?
(a) May 1, 1908.
(b) December 25, 1954.
(c) October 26, 1928.
(d) April 5, 1776.
5. For how much did Bronte sell the copyright of her novels?
(a) 1,500 pounds.
(b) Six pence.
(c) 500 pounds.
(d) 5,000 dollars.
Short Answer Questions
1. Whose letters seem to forebode an age of virility?
2. Who does the narrator describe as "whimsically despotic?"
3. When reading the man's novel, what does the narrator feel overshadows it?
4. What is Carmichael's novel called?
5. What, according to the narrator, were the relationships between those who have sought the company of women NOT?
This section contains 170 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)