|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. To what does Woolf compare Fascist poetry?
(a) An abortion.
(b) A sewer.
(c) A storm.
(d) A disease.
2. The narrator says that "money dignifies what is __________ if unpaid for."
3. What name does the narrator give to the male author she reads after reading so many novels by women?
(a) Mr. A.
(b) Mr. X.
(c) Marc B.
(d) Professor D.
4. As a metaphor for androgyny in writing, what does the narrator say poetry needs?
(a) A makeover.
(b) A sister.
(c) A father and a mother.
(d) A sex change.
5. To what does the narrator refer as a "complex force?"
Short Answer Questions
1. Of what social class was Behn?
2. What kind of writer is Mr. B?
3. John Langdon Davies said that women become unnecessary when children become ________.
4. According to the narrator, Austen, Bronte, and others wrote as ________ wrote, not as men did.
5. The writing of the Duchess compares the lives of women to those of what animals?
This section contains 179 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)