|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. About whom does the narrator say "she wrote as a woman, but as a woman who has forgotten that she is a woman?"
(a) Charlotte Bronte.
(b) Jane Austen.
(c) Mary Carmichael.
2. The narrator wants to know, among other things, why woman are __________ than/to men.
3. What topic has the narrator asked to lecture about?
(a) Women and men.
(b) Women and fiction.
(c) Women and books.
(d) Women and poetry.
4. To what city does Shakespeare's fictional sister set out after leaving home?
5. Compared to Jane Eyre, how long is Carmichael's book?
(a) About half the length.
(b) Twice as long.
(c) Only a few pages longer.
(d) The same length.
Short Answer Questions
1. Even up to the beginning of the nineteenth century, according to the narrator, what was "out of the question" for a woman?
2. What are the beadles doing as the narrator leaves the men's college?
3. What era does the narrator pay particular attention to when looking into women in history?
4. What, does the narrator claim, is "worse than being locked out?"
5. What does the narrator compare to a fish as she sits thinking by the river bank?
This section contains 240 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)