|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does the narrator find herself envious of in the museum?
(a) A fly on the wall.
(b) Her husband.
(c) The person reading next to her.
(d) Her friend Mary.
2. What occupation does Shakespeare's fictional sister set out to do?
3. In what year were women granted the right to vote?
4. The narrator finds that the woman "is all but absent from ________."
5. The narrator says that Dorothy Osborne had a talent for what?
(b) Inventing a word.
(d) Framing a sentence.
Short Answer Questions
1. What, does the narrator claim, is "worse than being locked out?"
2. What object does the narrator think best exemplifies a woman's purpose for a man?
3. What does the narrator suspect that men are concerned with even more than women's inferiority?
4. About whom does the narrator say "she wrote as a woman, but as a woman who has forgotten that she is a woman?"
5. While thinking about the Professor's work, what does the narrator find herself doing?
This section contains 212 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)