|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to the narrator, men have often compared the idea of women creating anything like fiction or music to what?
(a) A dead person coming back to life.
(b) A man wearing a dress.
(c) A dog walking on its hind legs.
(d) A blind man reading a book.
2. In the fictional tale of Shakespeare's sister, how old is she when she leaves home?
(a) Not yet seventeen.
(d) Almost twenty.
3. Even up to the beginning of the nineteenth century, according to the narrator, what was "out of the question" for a woman?
(a) To raise more than two children.
(b) To have a room of her own.
(c) To marry someone handsome.
(d) To live in the city.
4. How does Shakespeare's fictional sister die?
(a) She kills herself.
(b) She is murdered.
(c) She dies in childbirth.
(d) She falls of a horse.
5. According to the narrator, "Women do not write books about ______."
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the title of the work by the angry Professor von X.?
2. What female poet does the narrator recite to herself when leaving the luncheon, thinking that women must have hummed at parties before the war?
3. What design is on the china at the women's college?
4. According to the narrator, what does a woman with creative talent inevitably lose?
5. What emotion sneaks up on the narrator while she is reading the Professor's work?
This section contains 266 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)