|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the narrator find fascinating about all the books written about women?
(a) That there are so few available.
(b) That they are all so good.
(c) That they are all 100 years old.
(d) That there are so many written by men.
2. What does a woman need in order to write fiction, according to Woolf?
(a) Some money and a room of her own.
(b) A pen and paper.
(c) A loving husband.
(d) A college education.
3. Dorothy Osborne claims that she would not resort to fiction even if she couldn't ________.
4. While thinking about the Professor's work, what does the narrator find herself doing?
(b) Falling asleep.
(c) Drawing a picture of the Professor.
(d) Tearing the pages of a book.
5. To what city does Shakespeare's fictional sister set out after leaving home?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the narrator say about Shakespeare's mother?
2. The narrator claims that life for both sexes is a "perpetual _______."
3. What are the beadles doing as the narrator leaves the men's college?
4. According to the narrator, men have often compared the idea of women creating anything like fiction or music to what?
5. In what genre were women denied the most expression?
This section contains 249 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)