|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the source of the narrator's income?
(a) An inheritance.
(b) A seamstress job.
(c) A divorce settlement.
(d) A writing job.
2. Why did Behn start writing for money?
(a) Her husband died.
(b) Her husband lost his job.
(c) She started a newspaper.
(d) She was discovered by an agency.
3. What meanings does the narrator present as possibilities for discussing the lecture topic?
(a) Women and the fiction they write.
(b) Women and the fiction that is written about them.
(c) All of the above.
(d) Women and what they are like.
4. What does the narrator suspect that men are concerned with even more than women's inferiority?
(a) Women's beauty.
(b) World events.
(c) Their own superiority.
(d) Their money.
5. In what year was Lady Winchilsea born?
Short Answer Questions
1. The narrator claims that life for both sexes is a "perpetual _______."
2. Where does the narrator go after leaving the museum?
3. How does Shakespeare's fictional sister die?
4. What color is "the light of emotion?"
5. In Chapter 2, what bill does the narrator give the waiter to pay for her meal?
This section contains 204 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)