|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The narrator finds that the woman "is all but absent from ________."
2. In the fictional tale of Shakespeare's sister, how old is she when she leaves home?
(c) Almost twenty.
(d) Not yet seventeen.
3. What poet does the narrator recite to herself when leaving the luncheon, thinking that men must have hummed at parties before the war?
4. What does the narrator find fascinating about all the books written about women?
(a) That they are all so good.
(b) That they are all 100 years old.
(c) That there are so few available.
(d) That there are so many written by men.
5. According to the narrator, what animal has the most eyes of all the animals?
(a) The fish.
(b) The wasp.
(c) The spider.
(d) The horse.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which museum does the narrator visit in Chapter 2?
2. According to the narrator, how do we achieve self-confidence?
3. What fictional character does the narrator refer to as examples of women in fiction?
4. What era does the narrator pay particular attention to when looking into women in history?
5. What are the beadles doing as the narrator leaves the men's college?
This section contains 231 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)