|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the source of the narrator's income?
(a) A divorce settlement.
(b) An inheritance.
(c) A seamstress job.
(d) A writing job.
2. What does the narrator see that makes her laugh when looking out the window at the Oxbridge luncheon?
(a) A clumsy beadle.
(b) A singing bird.
(c) A cat with no tail.
(d) A kissing couple.
3. In Chapter 2, what bill does the narrator give the waiter to pay for her meal?
(a) One dollar.
(b) Ten shilling.
(c) One hundred dollar.
(d) Five shilling.
4. During which month does the narrator visit the two colleges?
5. The narrator claims to be seeking "the essential oil of _________" in the museum.
Short Answer Questions
1. What poet does the narrator recite to herself when leaving the luncheon, thinking that men must have hummed at parties before the war?
2. According to the narrator, what animal has the most eyes of all the animals?
3. What meanings does the narrator present as possibilities for discussing the lecture topic?
4. What design is on the china at the women's college?
5. What building is the narrator not allowed into at the men's college?
This section contains 230 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)