|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. While thinking about the Professor's work, what does the narrator find herself doing?
(a) Tearing the pages of a book.
(b) Falling asleep.
(c) Drawing a picture of the Professor.
2. What building is the narrator not allowed into at the men's college?
(a) The church.
(b) The dining hall.
(c) The dormitory.
(d) The library.
3. What does the narrator find fascinating about all the books written about women?
(a) That there are so few available.
(b) That there are so many written by men.
(c) That they are all 100 years old.
(d) That they are all so good.
4. What was the cost of founding the women's college?
(a) Two million dollars.
(b) Thirty-thousand pounds.
(c) Sixty thousand dollars.
(d) Five hundred pounds.
5. What could happen to a woman who refused to marry the man her parents chose for her prior to the 19th century?
(a) She could be beaten and locked up.
(b) She could be kicked out of her house.
(c) She could be elected governor.
(d) She could be executed.
Short Answer Questions
1. What era does the narrator pay particular attention to when looking into women in history?
2. Which museum does the narrator visit in Chapter 2?
3. What trait does the narrator ascribe to male writers?
4. What is the name of the stage manager who gets Shakespeare's fictional sister pregnant?
5. In what year were women granted the right to vote?
This section contains 235 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)