|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many children did "Mrs. Seton" have?
2. Which word best describes the food at the Oxbridge luncheon?
3. Who, in the centuries before this story, had ownership of a woman's earnings?
(a) Her husband.
(b) Her mother.
(c) Her father.
(d) The church.
4. Where does the narrator spend the hour she has to spare before lunch at Oxbridge?
(a) In the library.
(b) In front of the chapel.
(c) In the swimming pool.
(d) At home.
5. What is the name of the women's college visited by the narrator?
Short Answer Questions
1. What year is this story set in?
2. What time is dinner being served at Fernham?
3. What meanings does the narrator present as possibilities for discussing the lecture topic?
4. What does the narrator say that the women before her were doing instead of earning money?
5. What, does the narrator claim, is "worse than being locked out?"
This section contains 187 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)