|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of the men's college visited by the narrator?
2. What does the narrator compare to the feeling of having had a good meal and good conversation?
(a) A lamp in the spine.
(b) A good night's rest.
(c) A fine wine.
(d) A happy child.
3. What does the narrator see that makes her laugh when looking out the window at the Oxbridge luncheon?
(a) A singing bird.
(b) A cat with no tail.
(c) A kissing couple.
(d) A clumsy beadle.
4. What was the cost of founding the women's college?
(a) Two million dollars.
(b) Five hundred pounds.
(c) Thirty-thousand pounds.
(d) Sixty thousand dollars.
5. What building is the narrator not allowed into at the men's college?
(a) The library.
(b) The dormitory.
(c) The dining hall.
(d) The church.
Short Answer Questions
1. What are the beadles doing as the narrator leaves the men's college?
2. What, does the narrator claim, is "worse than being locked out?"
3. Who, in the centuries before this story, had ownership of a woman's earnings?
4. What subject does the narrator's friend teach at the women's college?
5. How many children did "Mrs. Seton" have?
This section contains 208 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)