|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What meanings does the narrator present as possibilities for discussing the lecture topic?
(a) All of the above.
(b) Women and the fiction they write.
(c) Women and the fiction that is written about them.
(d) Women and what they are like.
2. Which word best describes the food served at the Fernham dinner?
3. What is the name of the friend who the narrator visits with after dinner at Fernham?
(a) Virginia Woolf.
(b) Joyce Brown.
(c) Mary Seton.
(d) Olivia Price.
4. What subject does the narrator's friend teach at the women's college?
5. What topic has the narrator asked to lecture about?
(a) Women and books.
(b) Women and fiction.
(c) Women and men.
(d) Women and poetry.
Short Answer Questions
1. What, does the narrator claim, is "worse than being locked out?"
2. What poet does the narrator recite to herself when leaving the luncheon, thinking that men must have hummed at parties before the war?
3. What does the narrator compare to a fish as she sits thinking by the river bank?
4. What female poet does the narrator recite to herself when leaving the luncheon, thinking that women must have hummed at parties before the war?
5. Who, in the centuries before this story, had ownership of a woman's earnings?
This section contains 233 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)