|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who, in the centuries before this story, had ownership of a woman's earnings?
(a) The church.
(b) Her mother.
(c) Her father.
(d) Her husband.
2. What heading does the narrator place on the page of notes she is taking while researching "women and fiction?"
(a) Women and Art.
(b) Women and Poverty.
(c) Women and Truth.
(d) Women and Men.
3. What subject does the narrator's friend teach at the women's college?
4. What does the narrator find fascinating about all the books written about women?
(a) That there are so many written by men.
(b) That they are all so good.
(c) That there are so few available.
(d) That they are all 100 years old.
5. According to the narrator, "Women do not write books about ______."
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the men's college visited by the narrator?
2. The narrator says that prunes are not _________.
3. What is the title of the work by the angry Professor von X.?
4. What poet does the narrator recite to herself when leaving the luncheon, thinking that men must have hummed at parties before the war?
5. Where does the narrator go after leaving the museum?
This section contains 231 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)