|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What female poet does the narrator recite to herself when leaving the luncheon, thinking that women must have hummed at parties before the war?
2. What does the narrator compare to the pile of books she gathers to study about women in the museum's library when it is placed on her desk?
(b) A loadstone.
(c) An avalanche.
(d) A gift from Heaven.
3. According to the narrator, "Women do not write books about ______."
4. What does the narrator say that the women before her were doing instead of earning money?
(b) Serving dinner.
(d) Raising children.
5. What does a woman need in order to write fiction, according to Woolf?
(a) Some money and a room of her own.
(b) A college education.
(c) A pen and paper.
(d) A loving husband.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the men's college visited by the narrator?
2. What emotion sneaks up on the narrator while she is reading the Professor's work?
3. What common factor is there in all of the writings the narrator reads about women?
4. In Chapter 2, what bill does the narrator give the waiter to pay for her meal?
5. What is the source of the narrator's income?
This section contains 253 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)