|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The narrator finds that the woman "pervades _________ from cover to cover;"
(d) The news.
2. How does the narrator address Carmichael?
(a) As if she were in the room with her.
(d) As if she were dead.
3. According to the narrator, what animal has the most eyes of all the animals?
(a) The spider.
(b) The wasp.
(c) The horse.
(d) The fish.
4. What era does the narrator pay particular attention to when looking into women in history?
(b) Roaring Twenties.
5. What does the narrator find awkward about Carmichael's writing?
(a) Her vocabulary.
(b) Her story.
(c) Her tone.
(d) Her style.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the stage manager who gets Shakespeare's fictional sister pregnant?
2. What is lacking in Carmichael's writing, according to the narrator?
3. Whose influence is all over the paper, and is "the power and the money and the influence," metaphorically?
4. What does the narrator use as a less offensive word for "vanities?"
5. What emotion sneaks up on the narrator while she is reading the Professor's work?
This section contains 193 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)