|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In what century does the narrator believe women finally became complex characters in fiction?
2. According to the narrator, how do we achieve self-confidence?
(a) By thinking that other people are inferior.
(b) By writing constantly.
(c) By working hard.
(d) By finding happiness.
3. What heading does the narrator place on the page of notes she is taking while researching "women and fiction?"
(a) Women and Poverty.
(b) Women and Men.
(c) Women and Art.
(d) Women and Truth.
4. According to the narrator, in relation to her husband, what was a woman prior to the women's movement?
(a) An employee.
(b) A queen.
(d) An equal.
5. The narrator finds that the woman "pervades _________ from cover to cover;"
(a) The news.
Short Answer Questions
1. What class of women in particular does the narrator claim is absent from history?
2. Where does the narrator go after visiting Oxbridge and Fernham?
3. What does the narrator say the sight of a woman "creating in a different medium than his own" does to a man?
4. What element of Jane Austen's does Carmichael "break up?"
5. According to the narrator, "Women do not write books about ______."
This section contains 211 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)