|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What causes the Saracens to bow their heads as they head into battle?
(a) Preparation for death
(b) Baligant's death
(c) Muslim prayer
(d) To gain strength
2. What is Neims' title?
3. Where is Charlemagne supposed to go?
4. What had Roland predicted about his death?
(a) That he would die an old man
(b) That he would kill every last Saracen first
(c) That he would face the enemy
(d) That he would not die until Charlemagne arrived
5. Who comes to Roland at the end of this part of the poem?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does 'betrothed' mean?
2. How many marble blocks are at Roland's resting place?
3. How many slain generals are blessed by Turpin?
4. In what is Charlemagne most interested?
5. What adorns Baligant's shield?
This section contains 141 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)