|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What might prevent Charlemagne from following the Saracens?
(b) Loyalty to the dead
2. Who objects to a plan to attack Charlemagne once again?
3. Above whose altar is the horn laid?
(a) St. Paul
(b) St. Sevrin
(c) St. Gabriel
(d) St. Peter
4. What does 'betrothed' mean?
5. How does Charlemagne react to finding Roland?
(c) Collapses in grief
Short Answer Questions
1. What causes the Saracens to bow their heads as they head into battle?
2. How many marble blocks are at Roland's resting place?
3. The new generals are given what objects?
4. What does Turpin try to do before he collapses?
5. What does Charlemagne do in the very last stanza?
This section contains 151 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)