|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of these is NOT how Roland refers to Oliver?
2. Who comes to Roland at the end of this part of the poem?
3. Marsile tells Baligant that unless he helps, Marsile will be forced to...
(a) Convert to Christianity
(b) Kill Baligant's family
(c) Surrender to England
(d) Fight alone
4. The new generals are given what objects?
(a) Charlemagne's gold
(b) Pieces of Roland's armor
(c) Sword and horn
(d) Blessings from the archbishop
5. What happens to Ganelon after Charlemagne goes to help Roland?
(a) He is killed
(b) He gets away
(c) He is arrested
(d) He goes after Charlemagne
Short Answer Questions
1. Who was not at the front of the battle formation?
2. What does Charlemagne remove from Roland?
3. What animal is tied to Ganelon at this part in the story?
4. What does Baligant promise his soldiers if they win?
5. What does Turpin try to do before he collapses?
This section contains 181 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)