|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Oliver request from Roland?
(a) Another horse
(b) More soldiers
(d) More weapons
2. What was the weather when Blancandrin arrived?
3. How long has Charlemagne been at war?
(a) 5 years
(b) 7 years
(c) 10 years
(d) 4 years
4. Where did the messengers sleep?
(b) Gardener's hut
5. What city does Ganelon go to to meet Charlemagne?
Short Answer Questions
1. What city did Marsile's soldier Valdabron take by treason?
2. Marsile believes that Charlemagne will grow...
3. What event will be celebrated with Charlemagne?
4. Blancandrin is described as:
5. What is a "fald-stool?"
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Ganelon's argument against the condemnation for Roland's death? Does anyone believe the tale and support Ganelon's cause?
2. What does Marsile's nephew claim that he needs in order to defeat Roland? What will the result be?
3. What does Ganelon propose to Marsile on behalf of Charlemagne?
4. What is Charlemagne's reaction when the governors and nobles approach him with the idea that Ganelon should be spared? What happens next?
5. What does Ganelon tell Blancandrin of Charlemagne's plans?
6. What tale did Ganelon invent to let Charlemagne know that Marsile had surrendered?
7. What is Marsile's attitude toward Charlemagne? How will the King approach his rival?
8. According to part one, what is Roland's role in the Song of Roland?
9. How does Blancandrin predict that the plan will work out? What will happen to the city?
10. What is the purpose of some of the bodies being prepared for burial? What is the significance of the ornate coffin?
This section contains 569 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)