|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Oliver tells Roland that he has been...
2. What is another name for Charlemagne?
3. What is Ganelon's plan once he reaches Saragossa?
4. How long has Charlemagne been at war?
(a) 5 years
(b) 7 years
(c) 10 years
(d) 4 years
5. Who does Ganelon refer to as a "courteous paladin?"
Short Answer Questions
1. What city does Ganelon go to to meet Charlemagne?
2. Who is referred to as Charlemagne's henchman?
3. Which one of the following is not a reason to summon Charlemagne?
4. Who is Baldwin?
5. What is the name of Marsile's brother?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Charlemagne do to ensure that Bromimonde converts to Christianity? How does Bromimonde respond to the treatment?
2. What does Ganelon propose to Marsile on behalf of Charlemagne?
3. What happens to Oliver and what is the result of the conflict? How does Roland react?
4. According to part one, what is Roland's role in the Song of Roland?
5. Roland attempts to break his sword just before he dies. Why? How does Roland attempt to break it?
6. How does Baligant make a comeback against Charlemagne's army? What was Charlemagne's reaction?
7. What happens after Roland enters the grove of trees? How does Roland react?
8. What is Ganelon's position on Marsile's hostile efforts against Charlemagne? What is the term that describes Ganelon's actions?
9. What is Charlemagne's reaction to Ganelon as the plan continues? What does Charlemagne's comment imply?
10. How many divisions are there? Where are they placed? What is the purpose of different locations?
This section contains 562 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)