Mid-Book Test - Medium
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How do Charlemagne's people refer to themselves?
2. What event will be celebrated with Charlemagne?
(b) The King's birthday
(c) Festival of St. Michael
3. Who encourages peace between Marsile and Ganelon?
(a) High Priest
(d) Marsile's wife
4. What was the weather when Blancandrin arrived?
5. How long has Charlemagne been at war?
(a) 5 years
(b) 7 years
(c) 10 years
(d) 4 years
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Blancandrin, who is responsible for giving bad advice to Charlemagne?
2. Roland asks Oliver's advice about what?
3. How does Charlemagne refer to Ganelon?
4. What is the name of the nephew to Richard the Old?
5. How does Roland repay Grandoine?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is Charlemagne puzzled at Alda's reaction to the deaths of Roland and Oliver? What is the cause of Alda's reaction?
2. What happened when two of Charlemagne's counts went to Marsile to try and take over Saragossa? Which two counts went on the mission?
3. What is Charlemagne's response to the end of the seven year's war with Spain?
4. What happens to Oliver and what is the result of the conflict? How does Roland react?
5. What is the final plan that will allow Marsile to defeat Charlemagne's men?
6. What was Oliver using to fight long after it was broken? Why did Oliver not use another implement?
7. What happens after Roland enters the grove of trees? How does Roland react?
8. How do Marsile's messengers intend to deceive Charlemagne? Why do they think the Emperor will fall for it?
9. What is the supposed reason that the city remains under the rule of another king?
10. Who is Baligant and why does he go to Saragossa? What are the consequences if Baligant refuses?
This section contains 594 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)