|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is sent ahead to act as lookout for Roland?
2. Roland asks Oliver's advice about what?
(a) How to capture Marsile
(b) How to win Oliver's sister
(c) Calling in reinforcements
(d) How to change strategy
3. Out of what material is the fald-stool made?
4. Where do Charlemagne's people meet?
5. What religion is Charlemagne?
Short Answer Questions
1. Archbishop Turpin kills which mystical Saracen?
2. Ganelon proposes that Marsile send what to Charlemagne?
3. Marsile is concerned about his lack of what item?
4. What is Ganelon's plan to achieve peace?
5. How does Charlemagne know that Ganelon has betrayed him?
Short Essay Questions
1. What was Oliver using to fight long after it was broken? Why did Oliver not use another implement?
2. How many divisions are there? Where are they placed? What is the purpose of different locations?
3. What does Roland do to anger Ganelon? What is Ganelon's response?
4. What is Charlemagne's reaction when the governors and nobles approach him with the idea that Ganelon should be spared? What happens next?
5. Why does Marsile ask his counselors for help? Who comes up with a plan?
6. Which city remains the property of another King? Which King is it?
7. If the king chooses to worship another religion, what are his beliefs? To whom does the king turn?
8. What is the final plan that will allow Marsile to defeat Charlemagne's men?
9. What does Marsile want Charlemagne to do? What is Marsile's promise?
10. How was Ganelon greeted when he approached Saragossa?
This section contains 543 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)