|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The Song of Roland is referred to as what type of poem?
2. With which country is Charlemagne at war?
3. Marsile is concerned about his lack of what item?
4. Who is sent ahead to act as lookout for Roland?
5. What is Ganelon to Roland?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is a "fald-stool?"
2. Roland kills how many Saracens with his spear?
3. Ganelon proposes that Marsile send what to Charlemagne?
4. Who does Ganelon refer to as a "courteous paladin?"
5. The gift is worth more than what amount of money?
Short Essay Questions
1. Charlemagne must decide what to do as night is beginning to fall. What is Charlemagne's plan and the result?
2. Why is Charlemagne puzzled at Alda's reaction to the deaths of Roland and Oliver? What is the cause of Alda's reaction?
3. Which city remains the property of another King? Which King is it?
4. What does Ganelon propose to Marsile on behalf of Charlemagne?
5. What is Roland's reaction to Blancandrin's tale and promises?
6. How does Blancandrin predict that the plan will work out? What will happen to the city?
7. What happens after Roland enters the grove of trees? How does Roland react?
8. What is Bromimonde's reaction to being taken to France? How does Charlemagne treat Bromimonde?
9. How does Baligant make a comeback against Charlemagne's army? What was Charlemagne's reaction?
10. What is Charlemagne's response to the end of the seven year's war with Spain?
This section contains 521 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)