|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is the first person to volunteer to go to Saragossa?
(b) Archbishop Turpin
(c) Count Basan
(d) Duke Neimes
2. Under what type tree does Charlemagne sit?
3. What is Ganelon to Roland?
4. What event will be celebrated with Charlemagne?
(b) The King's birthday
(c) Festival of St. Michael
5. Where did the messengers sleep?
(d) Gardener's hut
Short Answer Questions
1. To whom does Marsile pray?
2. What does Charlemagne do on the morning of Ganelon's return?
3. Oliver says he would rather die than face what?
4. What plagues the soldiers on the field?
5. Marsile believes that Charlemagne will grow...
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Marsile ask his counselors for help? Who comes up with a plan?
2. What does Charlemagne do to ensure that Bromimonde converts to Christianity? How does Bromimonde respond to the treatment?
3. What major events cause Marsile and many other Saracens to flee the battle even though they are winning against the French?
4. What happens when Charlemagne hears the call? How does the Emperor respond to his nephew's call for help?
5. What actions best represent Baligant's troops' eagerness to forge ahead with the battle?
6. Who was Siglorel and why was he important to Archbishop Turpin?
7. According to part one, what is Roland's role in the Song of Roland?
8. If the king chooses to worship another religion, what are his beliefs? To whom does the king turn?
9. Roland attempts to break his sword just before he dies. Why? How does Roland attempt to break it?
10. What happens after Roland enters the grove of trees? How does Roland react?
This section contains 529 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)