|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The poem does not address which of the following:
2. According to Marsile, Charlemagne is how old?
(a) 139 years
(b) 90 years
(c) 1000 months
(d) 200 years
3. How did Basan and Basilie die?
4. This stanza predicts:
5. What item(s) does Ganelon give to Charlemagne?
(a) Bags of gold
(b) 1,000 slaves
(c) Keys to Marsile's palace
(d) Marsile's horse
Short Answer Questions
1. How is Oliver described?
2. When Ganelon met Marsile, he was enveloped in what?
3. The gift is worth more than what amount of money?
4. Who is Baldwin?
5. Which of these things was NOT given to Ganelon by Charlemagne?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens when Charlemagne hears the call? How does the Emperor respond to his nephew's call for help?
2. What does Charlemagne do to ensure that Bromimonde converts to Christianity? How does Bromimonde respond to the treatment?
3. What is Bromimonde's reaction to being taken to France? How does Charlemagne treat Bromimonde?
4. What is foretold at the end of Stanza XII? Who is supposedly responsible for the upcoming event?
5. What is Charlemagne's reaction when the governors and nobles approach him with the idea that Ganelon should be spared? What happens next?
6. What does Roland do to anger Ganelon? What is Ganelon's response?
7. What happens when the French arrive in Saragossa? What happens to Bromimonde?
8. What does Ganelon propose to Marsile on behalf of Charlemagne?
9. What does Marsile want Charlemagne to do? What is Marsile's promise?
10. What is the relationship between Roland and Ganelon? Between Ganelon and Charlemagne? Between Roland and Charlemagne?
This section contains 493 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)