|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Marsile is concerned about his lack of what item?
2. Who is referred to as Charlemagne's henchman?
3. The poem does not address which of the following:
4. How does Marsile expect the interaction to end?
(a) With the beheading of the hostages
(b) With another call to war
(c) The death of Charlemagne
(d) With the surrender of Saragossa
5. Who/what is Murgles?
(b) A mountain
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Ganelon's plan once he reaches Saragossa?
2. Which of these words does NOT describe Abisme?
3. With which country is Charlemagne at war?
4. Under what type tree does Charlemagne sit?
5. How do Charlemagne's people refer to themselves?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Blancandrin predict that the plan will work out? What will happen to the city?
2. According to part one, what is Roland's role in the Song of Roland?
3. What is Roland's reaction to Blancandrin's tale and promises?
4. What is the supposed reason that the city remains under the rule of another king?
5. What does Charlemagne do to ensure that Bromimonde converts to Christianity? How does Bromimonde respond to the treatment?
6. What does Ganelon tell Blancandrin of Charlemagne's plans?
7. Why is it important to note that Roland and Archbishop Turpin are the last two remaining French soldiers?
8. What does Marsile's nephew claim that he needs in order to defeat Roland? What will the result be?
9. What does Ganelon propose to Marsile on behalf of Charlemagne?
10. What is Ganelon's position on Marsile's hostile efforts against Charlemagne? What is the term that describes Ganelon's actions?
This section contains 531 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)