|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who brought news to Charlemagne?
2. What material did the people use to create Marsile's throne?
(a) Wood from a sacred tree
(c) Human bones
3. Ganelon tells Charlemagne that Marsile's traitorous men met with what fate?
(a) They were
(b) They were captured
(c) They drowned
(d) They were killed by hounds
4. What region remains beyond Charlemagne's grasp?
5. How many French generals are killed by Grandoine?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the ruler of the region?
2. What is Roland's position?
3. What type of pelt does Ganelon wear?
4. How is Oliver described?
5. Who is the first person to volunteer to go to Saragossa?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Bromimonde's reaction to being taken to France? How does Charlemagne treat Bromimonde?
2. What does Roland do to anger Ganelon? What is Ganelon's response?
3. What causes Marsile and Ganelon to argue? What is the result of the argument?
4. What does Ganelon tell Blancandrin about Roland? What is the solution to the problem?
5. Charlemagne chooses two new generals to be at his side in battle. Who do the generals replace and what do they symbolize?
6. What happens when Charlemagne hears the call? How does the Emperor respond to his nephew's call for help?
7. Roland attempts to break his sword just before he dies. Why? How does Roland attempt to break it?
8. What is Ganelon's position on Marsile's hostile efforts against Charlemagne? What is the term that describes Ganelon's actions?
9. How does Baligant make a comeback against Charlemagne's army? What was Charlemagne's reaction?
10. How many divisions are there? Where are they placed? What is the purpose of different locations?
This section contains 540 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)