|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Out of what material is Ganelon's cloak made?
(a) Deer skin
2. According to Marsile, Charlemagne is how old?
(a) 200 years
(b) 1000 months
(c) 139 years
(d) 90 years
3. Which of these things was NOT given to Ganelon by Charlemagne?
(c) Silver reins
4. What was the weather when Blancandrin arrived?
5. The poem states that Charlemagne holds no man in...
Short Answer Questions
1. What do the pagans call Ganelon?
2. Who encourages peace between Marsile and Ganelon?
3. Who asks for permission to kill Roland?
4. What does Charlemagne do on the morning of Ganelon's return?
5. Ganelon recommends that Marsile send "five score thousand" pagans to defeat the troops left behind. How many is "five score thousand?"
Short Essay Questions
1. If the king chooses to worship another religion, what are his beliefs? To whom does the king turn?
2. What happens to Oliver and what is the result of the conflict? How does Roland react?
3. What does Ganelon tell Blancandrin of Charlemagne's plans?
4. What is the final message from the angel to Charlemagne? How does Charlemagne respond?
5. How do Marsile's messengers intend to deceive Charlemagne? Why do they think the Emperor will fall for it?
6. Charlemagne must decide what to do as night is beginning to fall. What is Charlemagne's plan and the result?
7. What happened when two of Charlemagne's counts went to Marsile to try and take over Saragossa? Which two counts went on the mission?
8. What happens when Charlemagne hears the call? How does the Emperor respond to his nephew's call for help?
9. According to part one, what is Roland's role in the Song of Roland?
10. What is Charlemagne's response to the end of the seven year's war with Spain?
This section contains 573 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)