|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Marsile's nephew asks for how many barons?
2. What is the name of Ganelon's horse?
3. What city does Ganelon go to to meet Charlemagne?
4. According to Ganelon, Marsile begs Charlemagne to save who?
(b) His first born son
(c) His uncle
(d) His wife
5. What sign of peace will go with Marsile's people?
(a) Olive branch
(d) White flag
Short Answer Questions
1. This stanza predicts:
2. What is a Saracen?
3. What is Roland's position?
4. Out of what material is the fald-stool made?
5. Who is the first person to volunteer to go to Saragossa?
Short Essay Questions
1. How many divisions are there? Where are they placed? What is the purpose of different locations?
2. What does Ganelon tell Blancandrin of Charlemagne's plans?
3. How was Ganelon greeted when he approached Saragossa?
4. If the king chooses to worship another religion, what are his beliefs? To whom does the king turn?
5. How does Baligant make a comeback against Charlemagne's army? What was Charlemagne's reaction?
6. What does Charlemagne do to ensure that Bromimonde converts to Christianity? How does Bromimonde respond to the treatment?
7. What is Charlemagne's response to the end of the seven year's war with Spain?
8. Charlemagne must decide what to do as night is beginning to fall. What is Charlemagne's plan and the result?
9. What is the final plan that will allow Marsile to defeat Charlemagne's men?
10. What is the final message from the angel to Charlemagne? How does Charlemagne respond?
This section contains 497 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)