|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where is Charlemagne's home?
2. Who is the first person to volunteer to go to Saragossa?
(a) Archbishop Turpin
(b) Count Basan
(d) Duke Neimes
3. The soldiers equated the plague as:
(a) The end of time
(b) Marsile's evil curse
(c) God's wrath
(d) A harbinger of doom
4. Ganelon proposes that Marsile send what to Charlemagne?
(b) Sable skins
(d) 1,000 francs
5. The poem states that Charlemagne cannot save himself from:
Short Answer Questions
1. What is a "fald-stool?"
2. Marsile is concerned about his lack of what item?
3. What does Oliver request from Roland?
4. To whom does Marsile pray?
5. What is another name for Charlemagne?
Short Essay Questions
1. What actions best represent Baligant's troops' eagerness to forge ahead with the battle?
2. What does Ganelon propose to Marsile on behalf of Charlemagne?
3. What is Charlemagne's reaction when he hears Roland's second call? What does Charlemagne request of his men?
4. What does Ganelon tell Blancandrin of Charlemagne's plans?
5. Why is it important to note that Roland and Archbishop Turpin are the last two remaining French soldiers?
6. Where does Charlemagne find Roland? What is unusual about Roland's body?
7. Why is Charlemagne puzzled at Alda's reaction to the deaths of Roland and Oliver? What is the cause of Alda's reaction?
8. Roland attempts to break his sword just before he dies. Why? How does Roland attempt to break it?
9. What is Charlemagne's reaction when the governors and nobles approach him with the idea that Ganelon should be spared? What happens next?
10. What is Bromimonde's reaction to being taken to France? How does Charlemagne treat Bromimonde?
This section contains 541 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)