|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Baligant would have made a great warrior if only:
(a) He was more noble
(b) He was not bloodthirsty
(c) He'd had more training
(d) He had been baptized
2. What might prevent Charlemagne from following the Saracens?
(b) Loyalty to the dead
3. How many slain generals are blessed by Turpin?
4. What body of water is used by Baligant's men?
5. What happens to Ganelon after Charlemagne goes to help Roland?
(a) He goes after Charlemagne
(b) He is arrested
(c) He is killed
(d) He gets away
6. What adorns Baligant's shield?
(a) Human bones
7. What does the Saracen try to steal from Roland?
8. What does Baligant promise to avenge?
(a) The insult to Saragossa
(b) The loss of Marsile's hand
(c) Capture of Bromimonde
(d) Roland's death
9. Who is left to defend Charlemagne?
10. Who is not among the French soldiers still alive?
11. What does Charlemagne remove from Roland?
12. In what is Charlemagne most interested?
(b) Claiming Spain
(c) Mourning Roland
(d) Capturing Marsile
13. Where is Charlemagne when Baligant receives the news?
(a) Spanish Pass
14. What Christian name is adopted by Bromimonde?
15. Who/what solves Charlemagne's dilemma?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Charlemagne's battle cry?
2. Who kills Malprimis?
3. Who prepares Roland for burial?
4. What is Neims' title?
5. How many marble blocks are at Roland's resting place?
This section contains 254 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)