|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Neims' title?
2. What had Roland predicted about his death?
(a) That he would face the enemy
(b) That he would not die until Charlemagne arrived
(c) That he would kill every last Saracen first
(d) That he would die an old man
3. Where is Charlemagne supposed to go?
4. What body of water is used by Baligant's men?
5. What does 'betrothed' mean?
6. Who tells Charlemagne to pull it together?
7. How many slain generals are blessed by Turpin?
8. The new generals are given what objects?
(a) Pieces of Roland's armor
(b) Sword and horn
(c) Charlemagne's gold
(d) Blessings from the archbishop
9. Who prepares Roland for burial?
10. Who comes to Roland at the end of this part of the poem?
11. Who is left to defend Charlemagne?
12. Where is Charlemagne's place among his army?
(a) In the exact center
(b) Charlemagne does not fight
(c) In the front
(d) In the back
13. How does Alda die?
(a) She drinks poison
(b) From a broken heart
(c) She is trampled by horses
(d) Falls on Roland's sword
14. What animal or tool is used to kill Ganelon?
15. What animal is tied to Ganelon at this part in the story?
Short Answer Questions
1. What word does Charlemagne use against the governors?
2. What does Charlemagne do in the very last stanza?
3. How do most of the remaining Saracens die?
4. What does Turpin try to do before he collapses?
5. Above whose altar is the horn laid?
This section contains 301 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)