Final Test - Easy
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What occurrence happens to Charlemagne once again?
(a) Breaks his spear
(b) Prophetic dreams
(c) Abandonment of top soldiers
(d) Fear of failure
2. Where does Roland go when death is near?
(a) To Oliver's side
(c) Toward the stream
(d) Grove of trees
3. Who prepares Roland for burial?
4. Who is at Charlemagne's side when he arrives at the battleground?
5. According to the poem, the French are prepared to earn their:
(d) Just reward
6. What is the name of Charlemagne's sword?
7. What animal or tool is used to kill Ganelon?
8. What does 'betrothed' mean?
9. How do most of the remaining Saracens die?
(a) By drowning
(b) Speared by Charlemagne
(c) Fall off a cliff
(d) Hit by lightning
10. In what is Charlemagne most interested?
(b) Mourning Roland
(c) Capturing Marsile
(d) Claiming Spain
11. What body of water is used by Baligant's men?
12. Who watches over Charlemagne as the king sleeps?
(c) Roland's spirit
13. Who/what solves Charlemagne's dilemma?
14. What does Baligant promise his soldiers if they win?
(a) A place in heaven
(b) Brave children
(c) Medals of honor
(d) Beautiful wives
15. What does Turpin try to do before he collapses?
(a) Fetch water
(b) Convert the remaining Saracens
(d) Revive Roland
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Alda die?
2. Where does Charlemagne take Bromimonde?
3. Where is Charlemagne's place among his army?
4. The new generals are given what objects?
5. Roland is intent on breaking what item?
This section contains 306 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)