|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The Saracens fear that if Charlemagne saves Roland, they will lose what item(s)?
(a) Their lives
(b) Their horses
(c) Their king
(d) Ownership of Spain
2. How many people came to tend to Alda?
3. How do most of the remaining Saracens die?
(a) Speared by Charlemagne
(b) By drowning
(c) Fall off a cliff
(d) Hit by lightning
4. What is Neims' title?
5. How does Alda die?
(a) She drinks poison
(b) From a broken heart
(c) Falls on Roland's sword
(d) She is trampled by horses
6. What word does Charlemagne use against the governors?
7. In what is Charlemagne most interested?
(a) Claiming Spain
(c) Capturing Marsile
(d) Mourning Roland
8. How does Marsile reply to the objections?
(a) Ignores them
(b) Pays close attention
(c) Heeds the warnings
(d) Takes them under advisement
9. What had Roland predicted about his death?
(a) That he would not die until Charlemagne arrived
(b) That he would face the enemy
(c) That he would die an old man
(d) That he would kill every last Saracen first
10. Which of the following is not used by Charlemagne to describe Baligant's army and Mahumet?
11. The new generals are given what objects?
(a) Sword and horn
(b) Blessings from the archbishop
(c) Charlemagne's gold
(d) Pieces of Roland's armor
12. Roland is intent on breaking what item?
(a) Tree limb
(b) Hold of oncoming death
(d) Saracen's neck
13. Baligant would have made a great warrior if only:
(a) He was not bloodthirsty
(b) He'd had more training
(c) He had been baptized
(d) He was more noble
14. What causes the Saracens to bow their heads as they head into battle?
(a) Preparation for death
(b) To gain strength
(c) Baligant's death
(d) Muslim prayer
15. What is Ganelon's defense against his crime?
Short Answer Questions
1. What adorns Baligant's shield?
2. What is the name of Oliver's sister?
3. Who tells Charlemagne to pull it together?
4. Who is at Charlemagne's side when he arrives at the battleground?
5. What does 'betrothed' mean?
This section contains 327 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)