|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who prepares Roland for burial?
2. How do most of the remaining Saracens die?
(a) Fall off a cliff
(b) By drowning
(c) Speared by Charlemagne
(d) Hit by lightning
3. What/who does Baligant cause to bleed?
4. What is Neims' title?
5. What Christian name is adopted by Bromimonde?
6. Where does Charlemagne take Bromimonde?
(a) Spanish Pass
(b) To the guillotine
(c) Prison in Saragossa
7. What is the name of Charlemagne's sword?
8. Ganelon claims that he must protect what?
(a) His sickly wife
(b) His vast fortune
(c) Family honor
(d) His business
9. What does Baligant bring with him to Saragossa?
10. What body of water is used by Baligant's men?
11. What might prevent Charlemagne from following the Saracens?
(b) Loyalty to the dead
12. Which of these is NOT how Roland refers to Oliver?
13. What is the name of the newly besieged king?
14. Who are asked to replace Roland and Oliver?
(a) Rabel and Guineman
(b) Neims and Jozerans
(c) Gebuins and Lorains
(d) Naimon and Gautier
15. Charlemagne kills which important member of Baligant's army?
(b) The second in command
(c) Baligant's brother
Short Answer Questions
1. Who comes to Roland at the end of this part of the poem?
2. What happens to Ganelon after Charlemagne goes to help Roland?
3. What country is not represented on Charlemagne's battle lines?
4. According to the poem, the French are prepared to earn their:
5. Who/what solves Charlemagne's dilemma?
This section contains 282 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)