|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After Charlemagne's call, how many Saracens attack Turpin and Roland?
2. Where does Charlemagne take Bromimonde?
(a) To the guillotine
(b) Prison in Saragossa
(d) Spanish Pass
3. Who was not at the front of the battle formation?
(a) Danish chief
(b) Tedbald of Reims
(c) Duke of Trace
(d) Count Oger
4. Ganelon claims that he must protect what?
(a) Family honor
(b) His sickly wife
(c) His business
(d) His vast fortune
5. What is Charlemagne's battle cry?
(c) Sacre Bleu!
(d) Mon Dieu!
6. Where does Roland go when death is near?
(a) To Oliver's side
(b) Grove of trees
(d) Toward the stream
7. Who is not among the French soldiers still alive?
8. Who kills Malprimis?
(a) His horse
(c) One of the Saracen deputies
9. What word does Charlemagne use against the governors?
10. Roland's second call to Charlemagne denotes what?
(b) Roland's death
(c) A battle cry
(d) Cry for help
11. Where is Charlemagne's place among his army?
(a) In the front
(b) In the back
(c) Charlemagne does not fight
(d) In the exact center
12. Who/what solves Charlemagne's dilemma?
13. Roland is intent on breaking what item?
(a) Saracen's neck
(b) Hold of oncoming death
(d) Tree limb
14. Where is Charlemagne supposed to go?
15. What is the name of Charlemagne's sword?
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Alda die?
2. What word does Baligant use to describe Charlemagne?
3. Who objects to a plan to attack Charlemagne once again?
4. Who prepares Roland for burial?
5. What happens to Ganelon after Charlemagne goes to help Roland?
This section contains 288 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)