|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Ganelon's defense against his crime?
2. What body of water is used by Baligant's men?
3. Who kills Malprimis?
(b) His horse
(d) One of the Saracen deputies
4. What does 'betrothed' mean?
5. Roland is intent on breaking what item?
(a) Saracen's neck
(b) Tree limb
(d) Hold of oncoming death
6. What animal is tied to Ganelon at this part in the story?
7. Ganelon claims that he must protect what?
(a) Family honor
(b) His business
(c) His vast fortune
(d) His sickly wife
8. Which of these is NOT how Roland refers to Oliver?
9. What word does Charlemagne use against the governors?
10. Who comes to Roland at the end of this part of the poem?
11. Who was not at the front of the battle formation?
(a) Tedbald of Reims
(b) Count Oger
(c) Duke of Trace
(d) Danish chief
12. What/who does Baligant cause to bleed?
13. Where is Charlemagne's place among his army?
(a) Charlemagne does not fight
(b) In the front
(c) In the back
(d) In the exact center
14. What adorns Baligant's shield?
(d) Human bones
15. What body part of Marsile's does Roland amputate?
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Marsile reply to the objections?
2. After Charlemagne's call, how many Saracens attack Turpin and Roland?
3. What does the Saracen try to steal from Roland?
4. Marsile tells Baligant that unless he helps, Marsile will be forced to...
5. Who tells Charlemagne to pull it together?
This section contains 285 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)