|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Roland is intent on breaking what item?
(b) Saracen's neck
(c) Hold of oncoming death
(d) Tree limb
2. Which vital member of Marsile's troops does Roland kill?
3. What adorns Baligant's shield?
(a) Human bones
4. How many marble blocks are at Roland's resting place?
5. Roland's second call to Charlemagne denotes what?
(a) Cry for help
(b) A battle cry
(c) Roland's death
6. What word does Baligant use to describe Charlemagne?
7. Where does Roland go when death is near?
(a) Grove of trees
(b) To Oliver's side
(c) Toward the stream
8. What occurrence happens to Charlemagne once again?
(a) Abandonment of top soldiers
(b) Prophetic dreams
(c) Fear of failure
(d) Breaks his spear
9. What is Neims' title?
10. Who is Malprimis?
(a) Baligant's son
(b) Marsile's brother
(c) Roland's brother
(d) Charlemagne's second in command
11. What body part of Marsile's does Roland amputate?
12. Who appears to Roland in the night?
(c) His father
13. Which of the following is not used by Charlemagne to describe Baligant's army and Mahumet?
14. What word does Charlemagne use against the governors?
15. What had Roland predicted about his death?
(a) That he would kill every last Saracen first
(b) That he would die an old man
(c) That he would not die until Charlemagne arrived
(d) That he would face the enemy
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Charlemagne do in the very last stanza?
2. Which of these is NOT how Roland refers to Oliver?
3. How many slain generals are blessed by Turpin?
4. What does 'betrothed' mean?
5. In what is Charlemagne most interested?
This section contains 283 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)