|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What body part of Marsile's does Roland amputate?
2. Who prepares Roland for burial?
3. In what is Charlemagne most interested?
(a) Mourning Roland
(b) Claiming Spain
(d) Capturing Marsile
4. Who are asked to replace Roland and Oliver?
(a) Naimon and Gautier
(b) Neims and Jozerans
(c) Rabel and Guineman
(d) Gebuins and Lorains
5. Who steps forward to help Ganelon?
6. What had Roland predicted about his death?
(a) That he would not die until Charlemagne arrived
(b) That he would die an old man
(c) That he would face the enemy
(d) That he would kill every last Saracen first
7. What word does Baligant use to describe Charlemagne?
8. How many marble blocks are at Roland's resting place?
9. What is Charlemagne's battle cry?
(a) Mon Dieu!
(c) Sacre Bleu!
10. Where does Roland go when death is near?
(a) Grove of trees
(b) To Oliver's side
(c) Toward the stream
11. What does Charlemagne do in the very last stanza?
(c) Rides off to war
12. Who is not among the French soldiers still alive?
13. Who/what solves Charlemagne's dilemma?
14. How does Marsile reply to the objections?
(a) Takes them under advisement
(b) Heeds the warnings
(c) Ignores them
(d) Pays close attention
15. Marsile tells Baligant that unless he helps, Marsile will be forced to...
(a) Kill Baligant's family
(b) Convert to Christianity
(c) Fight alone
(d) Surrender to England
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the newly besieged king?
2. What does Turpin try to do before he collapses?
3. How does Alda die?
4. What animal is tied to Ganelon at this part in the story?
5. Who was not at the front of the battle formation?
This section contains 317 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)