|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many slain generals are blessed by Turpin?
2. What does Baligant promise his soldiers if they win?
(a) Beautiful wives
(b) Medals of honor
(c) A place in heaven
(d) Brave children
3. Roland's second call to Charlemagne denotes what?
(b) A battle cry
(c) Roland's death
(d) Cry for help
4. How does Alda die?
(a) She drinks poison
(b) She is trampled by horses
(c) From a broken heart
(d) Falls on Roland's sword
5. What is the name of the newly besieged king?
6. What occurrence happens to Charlemagne once again?
(a) Breaks his spear
(b) Fear of failure
(c) Prophetic dreams
(d) Abandonment of top soldiers
7. What is the name of Oliver's sister?
8. Marsile tells Baligant that unless he helps, Marsile will be forced to...
(a) Surrender to England
(b) Fight alone
(c) Convert to Christianity
(d) Kill Baligant's family
9. Where is Charlemagne's place among his army?
(a) In the back
(b) Charlemagne does not fight
(c) In the front
(d) In the exact center
10. According to the poem, the French are prepared to earn their:
(a) Just reward
11. What does Charlemagne remove from Roland?
12. Who comes to Roland at the end of this part of the poem?
13. What does Baligant promise to avenge?
(a) The insult to Saragossa
(b) The loss of Marsile's hand
(c) Roland's death
(d) Capture of Bromimonde
14. Charlemagne kills which important member of Baligant's army?
(b) The second in command
(d) Baligant's brother
15. What is Neims' title?
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following is not used by Charlemagne to describe Baligant's army and Mahumet?
2. In what is Charlemagne most interested?
3. What does Turpin try to do before he collapses?
4. Who watches over Charlemagne as the king sleeps?
5. The Saracens fear that if Charlemagne saves Roland, they will lose what item(s)?
This section contains 324 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)