|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Baligant bring with him to Saragossa?
2. How does Alda die?
(a) She drinks poison
(b) From a broken heart
(c) Falls on Roland's sword
(d) She is trampled by horses
3. How do most of the remaining Saracens die?
(a) By drowning
(b) Speared by Charlemagne
(c) Fall off a cliff
(d) Hit by lightning
4. How does Marsile reply to the objections?
(a) Pays close attention
(b) Takes them under advisement
(c) Ignores them
(d) Heeds the warnings
5. In what is Charlemagne most interested?
(a) Mourning Roland
(b) Claiming Spain
(c) Capturing Marsile
6. What is Charlemagne's battle cry?
(a) Mon Dieu!
(d) Sacre Bleu!
7. Who watches over Charlemagne as the king sleeps?
(b) Roland's spirit
8. Who appears to Roland in the night?
(c) His father
9. Where is Charlemagne's place among his army?
(a) In the front
(b) In the exact center
(c) Charlemagne does not fight
(d) In the back
10. Baligant would have made a great warrior if only:
(a) He was more noble
(b) He'd had more training
(c) He had been baptized
(d) He was not bloodthirsty
11. What animal or tool is used to kill Ganelon?
12. What is the name of Oliver's sister?
13. What might prevent Charlemagne from following the Saracens?
(b) Loyalty to the dead
14. What word does Baligant use to describe Charlemagne?
15. What is the name of Charlemagne's sword?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Turpin try to do before he collapses?
2. What/who does Baligant cause to bleed?
3. What does Baligant promise to avenge?
4. What adorns Baligant's shield?
5. Roland is intent on breaking what item?
This section contains 302 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)