|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is at Charlemagne's side when he arrives at the battleground?
2. Who is Malprimis?
(a) Marsile's brother
(b) Roland's brother
(c) Baligant's son
(d) Charlemagne's second in command
3. What does Baligant bring with him to Saragossa?
4. What word does Charlemagne use against the governors?
5. Who is not among the French soldiers still alive?
6. Who is left to defend Charlemagne?
7. What causes the Saracens to bow their heads as they head into battle?
(a) Preparation for death
(b) Baligant's death
(c) To gain strength
(d) Muslim prayer
8. What does Charlemagne do in the very last stanza?
(a) Rides off to war
9. After Charlemagne's call, how many Saracens attack Turpin and Roland?
10. What does Charlemagne remove from Roland?
11. Who kills Malprimis?
(b) One of the Saracen deputies
(d) His horse
12. Above whose altar is the horn laid?
(a) St. Gabriel
(b) St. Paul
(c) St. Peter
(d) St. Sevrin
13. How many slain generals are blessed by Turpin?
14. How do most of the remaining Saracens die?
(a) Hit by lightning
(b) Fall off a cliff
(c) Speared by Charlemagne
(d) By drowning
15. What body part of Marsile's does Roland amputate?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who comes to Roland at the end of this part of the poem?
2. What is the name of Oliver's sister?
3. What/who does Baligant cause to bleed?
4. Who/what solves Charlemagne's dilemma?
5. What happens to Ganelon after Charlemagne goes to help Roland?
This section contains 272 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)