|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Charlemagne do in the very last stanza?
(c) Rides off to war
2. What is Ganelon's defense against his crime?
3. Who appears to Roland in the night?
(a) His father
4. Who objects to a plan to attack Charlemagne once again?
5. Where does Charlemagne take Bromimonde?
(a) Spanish Pass
(b) To the guillotine
(c) Prison in Saragossa
6. Who is not among the French soldiers still alive?
7. What might prevent Charlemagne from following the Saracens?
(b) Loyalty to the dead
8. How does Alda die?
(a) From a broken heart
(b) She drinks poison
(c) She is trampled by horses
(d) Falls on Roland's sword
9. Who is Malprimis?
(a) Marsile's brother
(b) Baligant's son
(c) Charlemagne's second in command
(d) Roland's brother
10. What does Baligant bring with him to Saragossa?
11. What happens to Ganelon after Charlemagne goes to help Roland?
(a) He goes after Charlemagne
(b) He is arrested
(c) He is killed
(d) He gets away
12. Who comes to Roland at the end of this part of the poem?
13. How many people came to tend to Alda?
14. Who are asked to replace Roland and Oliver?
(a) Gebuins and Lorains
(b) Neims and Jozerans
(c) Naimon and Gautier
(d) Rabel and Guineman
15. Who prepares Roland for burial?
Short Answer Questions
1. What adorns Baligant's shield?
2. Marsile tells Baligant that unless he helps, Marsile will be forced to...
3. What does Baligant promise to avenge?
4. What word does Charlemagne use against the governors?
5. How many slain generals are blessed by Turpin?
This section contains 289 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)