|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Roland's second call to Charlemagne denotes what?
(a) Roland's death
(b) A battle cry
(d) Cry for help
2. In what is Charlemagne most interested?
(b) Claiming Spain
(c) Capturing Marsile
(d) Mourning Roland
3. Which of these is NOT how Roland refers to Oliver?
4. What word does Baligant use to describe Charlemagne?
5. After Charlemagne's call, how many Saracens attack Turpin and Roland?
6. How does Alda die?
(a) From a broken heart
(b) She is trampled by horses
(c) She drinks poison
(d) Falls on Roland's sword
7. Who/what solves Charlemagne's dilemma?
8. How many slain generals are blessed by Turpin?
9. What is Charlemagne's battle cry?
(b) Sacre Bleu!
(c) Mon Dieu!
10. Above whose altar is the horn laid?
(a) St. Sevrin
(b) St. Paul
(c) St. Peter
(d) St. Gabriel
11. Who are asked to replace Roland and Oliver?
(a) Neims and Jozerans
(b) Gebuins and Lorains
(c) Rabel and Guineman
(d) Naimon and Gautier
12. Who tells Charlemagne to pull it together?
13. What does Charlemagne do in the very last stanza?
(a) Rides off to war
14. Which vital member of Marsile's troops does Roland kill?
15. What adorns Baligant's shield?
(d) Human bones
Short Answer Questions
1. Marsile tells Baligant that unless he helps, Marsile will be forced to...
2. How does Marsile reply to the objections?
3. What Christian name is adopted by Bromimonde?
4. According to the poem, the French are prepared to earn their:
5. How many marble blocks are at Roland's resting place?
This section contains 275 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)