|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What body of water is used by Baligant's men?
2. Where is Charlemagne's place among his army?
(a) In the back
(b) In the front
(c) In the exact center
(d) Charlemagne does not fight
3. Who is at Charlemagne's side when he arrives at the battleground?
4. Above whose altar is the horn laid?
(a) St. Peter
(b) St. Gabriel
(c) St. Paul
(d) St. Sevrin
5. What does Baligant promise to avenge?
(a) The loss of Marsile's hand
(b) Capture of Bromimonde
(c) Roland's death
(d) The insult to Saragossa
6. What happens to Ganelon after Charlemagne goes to help Roland?
(a) He gets away
(b) He goes after Charlemagne
(c) He is arrested
(d) He is killed
7. After Charlemagne's call, how many Saracens attack Turpin and Roland?
8. How does Alda die?
(a) From a broken heart
(b) She is trampled by horses
(c) Falls on Roland's sword
(d) She drinks poison
9. Where is Charlemagne supposed to go?
10. In what is Charlemagne most interested?
(a) Mourning Roland
(c) Claiming Spain
(d) Capturing Marsile
11. What body part of Marsile's does Roland amputate?
12. What occurrence happens to Charlemagne once again?
(a) Fear of failure
(b) Breaks his spear
(c) Prophetic dreams
(d) Abandonment of top soldiers
13. What does Turpin try to do before he collapses?
(a) Convert the remaining Saracens
(b) Fetch water
(c) Revive Roland
14. How many marble blocks are at Roland's resting place?
15. What does Roland use to kill the Saracen?
Short Answer Questions
1. What/who does Baligant cause to bleed?
2. What country is not represented on Charlemagne's battle lines?
3. What does Baligant bring with him to Saragossa?
4. What is the name of Oliver's sister?
5. What does 'betrothed' mean?
This section contains 285 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)