|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Marsile tells Baligant that unless he helps, Marsile will be forced to...
(a) Fight alone
(b) Surrender to England
(c) Kill Baligant's family
(d) Convert to Christianity
2. What country is not represented on Charlemagne's battle lines?
3. What is the name of the newly besieged king?
4. What causes the Saracens to bow their heads as they head into battle?
(a) Preparation for death
(b) To gain strength
(c) Baligant's death
(d) Muslim prayer
5. After Charlemagne's call, how many Saracens attack Turpin and Roland?
6. Roland is intent on breaking what item?
(a) Hold of oncoming death
(b) Tree limb
(d) Saracen's neck
7. Baligant would have made a great warrior if only:
(a) He was more noble
(b) He had been baptized
(c) He was not bloodthirsty
(d) He'd had more training
8. Who is at Charlemagne's side when he arrives at the battleground?
9. According to the poem, the French are prepared to earn their:
(d) Just reward
10. In what is Charlemagne most interested?
(a) Claiming Spain
(b) Capturing Marsile
(d) Mourning Roland
11. Who tells Charlemagne to pull it together?
12. Which of these is NOT how Roland refers to Oliver?
13. How does Charlemagne react to finding Roland?
(a) Collapses in grief
14. How many marble blocks are at Roland's resting place?
15. What happens to Ganelon after Charlemagne goes to help Roland?
(a) He goes after Charlemagne
(b) He is killed
(c) He is arrested
(d) He gets away
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of Oliver's sister?
2. Where is Charlemagne supposed to go?
3. Who objects to a plan to attack Charlemagne once again?
4. What might prevent Charlemagne from following the Saracens?
5. Where does Charlemagne take Bromimonde?
This section contains 301 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)