|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Roland's second call to Charlemagne denotes what?
(a) A battle cry
(b) Cry for help
(d) Roland's death
2. Baligant would have made a great warrior if only:
(a) He'd had more training
(b) He had been baptized
(c) He was more noble
(d) He was not bloodthirsty
3. Who comes to Roland at the end of this part of the poem?
4. According to the poem, the French are prepared to earn their:
(b) Just reward
5. Who is left to defend Charlemagne?
6. What is Charlemagne's battle cry?
(b) Mon Dieu!
(c) Sacre Bleu!
7. How does Alda die?
(a) From a broken heart
(b) She is trampled by horses
(c) Falls on Roland's sword
(d) She drinks poison
8. Who is Malprimis?
(a) Roland's brother
(b) Charlemagne's second in command
(c) Baligant's son
(d) Marsile's brother
9. What is Ganelon's defense against his crime?
10. Who is not among the French soldiers still alive?
11. How many people came to tend to Alda?
12. How does Charlemagne react to finding Roland?
(b) Collapses in grief
13. What does Baligant promise his soldiers if they win?
(a) Medals of honor
(b) Brave children
(c) Beautiful wives
(d) A place in heaven
14. What is Neims' title?
15. Roland is intent on breaking what item?
(a) Tree limb
(c) Saracen's neck
(d) Hold of oncoming death
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Roland use to kill the Saracen?
2. The new generals are given what objects?
3. How many slain generals are blessed by Turpin?
4. What does Baligant bring with him to Saragossa?
5. Who appears to Roland in the night?
This section contains 281 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)