|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does 'betrothed' mean?
2. Where is Charlemagne when Baligant receives the news?
(c) Spanish Pass
3. Who is at Charlemagne's side when he arrives at the battleground?
4. Where does Roland go when death is near?
(a) To Oliver's side
(c) Toward the stream
(d) Grove of trees
5. What does the Saracen try to steal from Roland?
6. What Christian name is adopted by Bromimonde?
7. What had Roland predicted about his death?
(a) That he would kill every last Saracen first
(b) That he would die an old man
(c) That he would not die until Charlemagne arrived
(d) That he would face the enemy
8. Above whose altar is the horn laid?
(a) St. Peter
(b) St. Paul
(c) St. Gabriel
(d) St. Sevrin
9. What is Ganelon's defense against his crime?
10. Who prepares Roland for burial?
11. What is the name of the newly besieged king?
12. How does Charlemagne react to finding Roland?
(b) Collapses in grief
13. Charlemagne kills which important member of Baligant's army?
(a) The second in command
(c) Baligant's brother
14. What is Neims' title?
15. Who kills Malprimis?
(a) One of the Saracen deputies
(c) His horse
Short Answer Questions
1. What might prevent Charlemagne from following the Saracens?
2. The new generals are given what objects?
3. According to the poem, the French are prepared to earn their:
4. Who/what solves Charlemagne's dilemma?
5. Which of these is NOT how Roland refers to Oliver?
This section contains 285 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)