|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of Charlemagne's sword?
2. What does Charlemagne remove from Roland?
3. How many people came to tend to Alda?
4. What does the Saracen try to steal from Roland?
5. Where is Charlemagne's place among his army?
(a) In the exact center
(b) In the back
(c) In the front
(d) Charlemagne does not fight
6. What is the name of the newly besieged king?
7. Who kills Malprimis?
(a) One of the Saracen deputies
(d) His horse
8. What is Neims' title?
9. What Christian name is adopted by Bromimonde?
10. What occurrence happens to Charlemagne once again?
(a) Prophetic dreams
(b) Fear of failure
(c) Abandonment of top soldiers
(d) Breaks his spear
11. How does Charlemagne react to finding Roland?
(b) Collapses in grief
12. What does 'betrothed' mean?
13. What might prevent Charlemagne from following the Saracens?
(d) Loyalty to the dead
14. What does Roland use to kill the Saracen?
15. What word does Baligant use to describe Charlemagne?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who comes to Roland at the end of this part of the poem?
2. The new generals are given what objects?
3. What does Baligant promise to avenge?
4. How does Alda die?
5. What happens to Ganelon after Charlemagne goes to help Roland?
This section contains 286 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)