|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What adorns Baligant's shield?
(b) Human bones
2. Who kills Malprimis?
(c) One of the Saracen deputies
(d) His horse
3. What does the Saracen try to steal from Roland?
4. Who/what solves Charlemagne's dilemma?
5. What is the name of Charlemagne's sword?
6. Who objects to a plan to attack Charlemagne once again?
7. What causes the Saracens to bow their heads as they head into battle?
(a) Muslim prayer
(b) To gain strength
(c) Preparation for death
(d) Baligant's death
8. The Saracens fear that if Charlemagne saves Roland, they will lose what item(s)?
(a) Their king
(b) Their horses
(c) Ownership of Spain
(d) Their lives
9. What is Charlemagne's battle cry?
(b) Sacre Bleu!
(c) Mon Dieu!
10. Who tells Charlemagne to pull it together?
11. How many people came to tend to Alda?
12. What is Ganelon's defense against his crime?
13. How many slain generals are blessed by Turpin?
14. What does Turpin try to do before he collapses?
(a) Fetch water
(b) Convert the remaining Saracens
(c) Revive Roland
15. What is Neims' title?
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following is not used by Charlemagne to describe Baligant's army and Mahumet?
2. Who appears to Roland in the night?
3. Where does Charlemagne take Bromimonde?
4. What body part of Marsile's does Roland amputate?
5. Above whose altar is the horn laid?
This section contains 261 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)