|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following is not used by Charlemagne to describe Baligant's army and Mahumet?
2. Who is not among the French soldiers still alive?
3. Where does Charlemagne take Bromimonde?
(a) To the guillotine
(c) Spanish Pass
(d) Prison in Saragossa
4. What does Charlemagne do in the very last stanza?
(d) Rides off to war
5. What is the name of Charlemagne's sword?
6. Which vital member of Marsile's troops does Roland kill?
7. Who watches over Charlemagne as the king sleeps?
(c) Roland's spirit
8. Baligant would have made a great warrior if only:
(a) He was not bloodthirsty
(b) He had been baptized
(c) He was more noble
(d) He'd had more training
9. Above whose altar is the horn laid?
(a) St. Paul
(b) St. Gabriel
(c) St. Peter
(d) St. Sevrin
10. Who is left to defend Charlemagne?
11. Charlemagne kills which important member of Baligant's army?
(a) Baligant's brother
(d) The second in command
12. Who objects to a plan to attack Charlemagne once again?
13. Who is Malprimis?
(a) Marsile's brother
(b) Charlemagne's second in command
(c) Roland's brother
(d) Baligant's son
14. Where does Roland go when death is near?
(a) To Oliver's side
(b) Toward the stream
(d) Grove of trees
15. How does Charlemagne react to finding Roland?
(b) Collapses in grief
Short Answer Questions
1. What occurrence happens to Charlemagne once again?
2. What is the name of Oliver's sister?
3. What does the Saracen try to steal from Roland?
4. After Charlemagne's call, how many Saracens attack Turpin and Roland?
5. What body of water is used by Baligant's men?
This section contains 289 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)