|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who kills Malprimis?
(a) One of the Saracen deputies
(b) His horse
2. How do most of the remaining Saracens die?
(a) Speared by Charlemagne
(b) Fall off a cliff
(c) By drowning
(d) Hit by lightning
3. What/who does Baligant cause to bleed?
4. According to the poem, the French are prepared to earn their:
(b) Just reward
5. What is the name of Oliver's sister?
6. Which of these is NOT how Roland refers to Oliver?
7. Who appears to Roland in the night?
(a) His father
8. Above whose altar is the horn laid?
(a) St. Sevrin
(b) St. Peter
(c) St. Gabriel
(d) St. Paul
9. Who prepares Roland for burial?
10. Which of the following is not used by Charlemagne to describe Baligant's army and Mahumet?
11. What is the name of Charlemagne's sword?
12. How many slain generals are blessed by Turpin?
13. The new generals are given what objects?
(a) Sword and horn
(b) Charlemagne's gold
(c) Blessings from the archbishop
(d) Pieces of Roland's armor
14. How does Marsile reply to the objections?
(a) Pays close attention
(b) Takes them under advisement
(c) Ignores them
(d) Heeds the warnings
15. Marsile tells Baligant that unless he helps, Marsile will be forced to...
(a) Fight alone
(b) Convert to Christianity
(c) Surrender to England
(d) Kill Baligant's family
Short Answer Questions
1. What animal is tied to Ganelon at this part in the story?
2. What Christian name is adopted by Bromimonde?
3. What might prevent Charlemagne from following the Saracens?
4. What word does Baligant use to describe Charlemagne?
5. What had Roland predicted about his death?
This section contains 310 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)