|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Neims' title?
2. Where is Charlemagne supposed to go?
3. What/who does Baligant cause to bleed?
4. How do most of the remaining Saracens die?
(a) By drowning
(b) Fall off a cliff
(c) Speared by Charlemagne
(d) Hit by lightning
5. Who steps forward to help Ganelon?
6. What is the name of Oliver's sister?
7. What Christian name is adopted by Bromimonde?
8. What is Ganelon's defense against his crime?
9. Who/what solves Charlemagne's dilemma?
10. Who objects to a plan to attack Charlemagne once again?
11. Which of the following is not used by Charlemagne to describe Baligant's army and Mahumet?
12. What does Baligant bring with him to Saragossa?
13. What animal is tied to Ganelon at this part in the story?
14. What happens to Ganelon after Charlemagne goes to help Roland?
(a) He is killed
(b) He is arrested
(c) He gets away
(d) He goes after Charlemagne
15. According to the poem, the French are prepared to earn their:
(c) Just reward
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is left to defend Charlemagne?
2. The Saracens fear that if Charlemagne saves Roland, they will lose what item(s)?
3. What does Turpin try to do before he collapses?
4. What country is not represented on Charlemagne's battle lines?
5. Roland is intent on breaking what item?
This section contains 281 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)