|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who was not at the front of the battle formation?
(a) Duke of Trace
(b) Tedbald of Reims
(c) Count Oger
(d) Danish chief
2. After Charlemagne's call, how many Saracens attack Turpin and Roland?
3. What had Roland predicted about his death?
(a) That he would die an old man
(b) That he would face the enemy
(c) That he would kill every last Saracen first
(d) That he would not die until Charlemagne arrived
4. How many slain generals are blessed by Turpin?
5. Who objects to a plan to attack Charlemagne once again?
6. Who is at Charlemagne's side when he arrives at the battleground?
7. What does Baligant promise to avenge?
(a) The insult to Saragossa
(b) Roland's death
(c) Capture of Bromimonde
(d) The loss of Marsile's hand
8. What does Roland use to kill the Saracen?
9. What animal is tied to Ganelon at this part in the story?
10. The Saracens fear that if Charlemagne saves Roland, they will lose what item(s)?
(a) Their king
(b) Their horses
(c) Their lives
(d) Ownership of Spain
11. Charlemagne kills which important member of Baligant's army?
(b) Baligant's brother
(c) The second in command
12. Who/what solves Charlemagne's dilemma?
13. What causes the Saracens to bow their heads as they head into battle?
(a) Muslim prayer
(b) Preparation for death
(c) To gain strength
(d) Baligant's death
14. How does Marsile reply to the objections?
(a) Takes them under advisement
(b) Heeds the warnings
(c) Pays close attention
(d) Ignores them
15. What is the name of the newly besieged king?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Malprimis?
2. What is the name of Charlemagne's sword?
3. What Christian name is adopted by Bromimonde?
4. Who prepares Roland for burial?
5. What country is not represented on Charlemagne's battle lines?
This section contains 311 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)