|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does the poem refer to Blancandrin?
2. Who asks for permission to kill Roland?
(a) Marsile's nephew
3. What is the name of Ganelon's horse?
4. How does Roland repay Grandoine?
(a) Has him sent to the gallows
(b) Pays him in gold
(c) Cuts off his head
(d) Chases him out of the valley
5. What gift does Marsile present to his nephew?
6. What material did the people use to create Marsile's throne?
(b) Wood from a sacred tree
(d) Human bones
7. Ganelon tells Charlemagne that Marsile's traitorous men met with what fate?
(a) They were captured
(b) They were killed by hounds
(c) They were
(d) They drowned
8. Ganelon recommends that Marsile send "five score thousand" pagans to defeat the troops left behind. How many is "five score thousand?"
9. What is a "fald-stool?"
(a) Royal cloak
(b) Folding chair
(c) Poisonous mushroom
(d) Pair of riding boots
10. What gift did Roland give to Charlemagne?
11. According to Marsile, Charlemagne is how old?
(a) 200 years
(b) 139 years
(c) 1000 months
(d) 90 years
12. What gift does Marsile give to Ganelon?
(b) His sword
(c) Sable skins
(d) His wife
13. The poem states that Charlemagne holds no man in...
14. Who brought news to Charlemagne?
15. What sign of peace will go with Marsile's people?
(b) Olive branch
(c) White flag
Short Answer Questions
1. The Song of Roland is referred to as what type of poem?
2. Who is Aelroth?
3. Where do Charlemagne's people meet?
4. What did Charlemagne do after hearing about Marsile's willingness to convert?
5. How do Charlemagne's people refer to themselves?
This section contains 291 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)