|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who encourages peace between Marsile and Ganelon?
(b) High Priest
(d) Marsile's wife
2. How do Charlemagne's people refer to themselves?
3. Roland kills how many Saracens with his spear?
4. Who tries to make peace between Roland and Oliver?
5. How many pagans arrived carrying olive branches?
6. What item(s) does Ganelon give to Charlemagne?
(a) 1,000 slaves
(b) Bags of gold
(c) Keys to Marsile's palace
(d) Marsile's horse
7. Where is Charlemagne's home?
8. What is Ganelon's plan to achieve peace?
(a) Deceive both Marsile and Charlemagne
(b) Abandon his post
(c) Convince Charlemagne to become pagan
(d) Kill Roland
9. Ganelon proposes that Marsile send what to Charlemagne?
(c) 1,000 francs
(d) Sable skins
10. Which of these words does NOT describe Abisme?
11. Who brought news to Charlemagne?
12. How did Basan and Basilie die?
13. This stanza predicts:
14. To whom does Charlemagne turn to for counsel?
15. What color were the feathers on Marsile's dart?
Short Answer Questions
1. What city does Ganelon go to to meet Charlemagne?
2. What is the period of history called in which the story takes place?
3. Ganelon says that Charlemagne would rather die than leave his...
4. According to Marsile, Charlemagne is how old?
5. How many hostages will be presented?
This section contains 240 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)