|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where is Charlemagne's home?
2. With which country is Charlemagne at war?
3. Who does Ganelon refer to as a "courteous paladin?"
4. The soldiers equated the plague as:
(a) Marsile's evil curse
(b) The end of time
(c) God's wrath
(d) A harbinger of doom
5. Under what type tree does Charlemagne sit?
6. What is Ganelon's plan once he reaches Saragossa?
7. What is the period of history called in which the story takes place?
(d) Dark Ages
8. Out of what material is the fald-stool made?
9. What was the weather when Blancandrin arrived?
10. What plagues the soldiers on the field?
(b) Unbearable heat
11. When Ganelon met Marsile, he was enveloped in what?
12. Who is the first to meet Ganelon as he approaches Saragossa?
(a) Pagan high priest
(b) Marsile's envoy
13. What is Roland's relationship to Charlemagne?
14. What city did Marsile's soldier Valdabron take by treason?
15. What did Charlemagne do after hearing about Marsile's willingness to convert?
(b) Sent Blancandrin away
(c) Called for the Archbishop
(d) Bowed his head
Short Answer Questions
1. The gift is worth more than what amount of money?
2. The poem does not address which of the following:
3. Who asks for permission to kill Roland?
4. Marsile's nephew asks for how many barons?
5. What type of pelt does Ganelon wear?
This section contains 260 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)