|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What type of pelt does Ganelon wear?
2. Who is referred to as Charlemagne's henchman?
3. What gift does Marsile present to his nephew?
4. Ganelon recommends that Marsile send "five score thousand" pagans to defeat the troops left behind. How many is "five score thousand?"
5. Who asks for permission to kill Roland?
(a) Marsile's nephew
6. Where does Charlemagne leave Roland?
(a) Pass of Aspre
(b) Spanish Pass
(c) Road to Saragossa
7. What is Roland's title?
8. What country is the poem written about?
9. Who encourages peace between Marsile and Ganelon?
(c) High Priest
(d) Marsile's wife
10. How many pagans arrived carrying olive branches?
11. How does the poem refer to Blancandrin?
12. What is the name of the nephew to Richard the Old?
13. Who/what is Murgles?
(b) A mountain
14. Which of the following will NOT be offered to Charlemagne?
(a) Marsile's sword
(b) Commitment to convert
15. What event will be celebrated with Charlemagne?
(b) The King's birthday
(d) Festival of St. Michael
Short Answer Questions
1. Who tries to make peace between Roland and Oliver?
2. Roland asks Oliver's advice about what?
3. Who is the first person to volunteer to go to Saragossa?
4. Where is Charlemagne's home?
5. Marsile's nephew asks for how many barons?
This section contains 256 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)