|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The poem does not address which of the following:
2. What is Ganelon to Roland?
3. Blancandrin is described as:
(a) Wise and gallant
(b) Devious and cruel
(c) Brilliant and deceitful
(d) Ignorant and unkempt
4. How does the poem refer to Blancandrin?
5. Marsile believes that Charlemagne will grow...
6. What is Ganelon's plan to achieve peace?
(a) Kill Roland
(b) Convince Charlemagne to become pagan
(c) Abandon his post
(d) Deceive both Marsile and Charlemagne
7. Who is the ruler of the region?
8. How is Oliver described?
9. In Charlemagne's dream, what animal did he see?
10. Which animal was tethered with a leash?
11. Who brought news to Charlemagne?
12. How does Charlemagne refer to Ganelon?
(a) Traitorous fool
(b) Soulless mercenary
(c) Evil doer
(d) Devil incarnate
13. Ganelon says that Charlemagne would rather die than leave his...
14. To whom does Charlemagne turn to for counsel?
15. With which country is Charlemagne at war?
Short Answer Questions
1. What region remains beyond Charlemagne's grasp?
2. Turpin reminds the troops to keep what item?
3. Which one of the following is not a reason to summon Charlemagne?
4. According to Blancandrin, who is responsible for giving bad advice to Charlemagne?
5. What is a "fald-stool?"
This section contains 277 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)