|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to Ganelon, Marsile begs Charlemagne to save who?
(a) His wife
(b) His uncle
(c) His first born son
2. Who asks for permission to kill Roland?
(d) Marsile's nephew
3. Who is the first person to volunteer to go to Saragossa?
(a) Archbishop Turpin
(c) Duke Neimes
(d) Count Basan
4. Which animal was tethered with a leash?
5. To whom does Marsile pray?
6. To whom does Charlemagne turn to for counsel?
7. Who tries to make peace between Roland and Oliver?
8. Who is the first to meet Ganelon as he approaches Saragossa?
(a) Marsile's envoy
(c) Pagan high priest
9. The Song of Roland is referred to as what type of poem?
10. Where does Charlemagne leave Roland?
(a) Pass of Aspre
(c) Road to Saragossa
(d) Spanish Pass
11. What religion is Charlemagne?
12. What item(s) does Ganelon give to Charlemagne?
(a) Marsile's horse
(b) 1,000 slaves
(c) Keys to Marsile's palace
(d) Bags of gold
13. Which of these characteristics regarding Charlemagne is not among those listed by Ganelon?
14. In Charlemagne's dream, what animal did he see?
15. In Charlemagne's dream, what item does Ganelon break?
(c) Pact of loyalty
(d) Ganelon's fald-stool
Short Answer Questions
1. Who warns Charlemagne that Marsile is not to be trusted?
2. How does Charlemagne know that Ganelon has betrayed him?
3. Who is referred to as Charlemagne's henchman?
4. How many times does Roland sound the horn?
5. Under what type tree does Charlemagne sit?
This section contains 278 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)