|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which animal was tethered with a leash?
2. With which country is Charlemagne at war?
3. Where did the messengers sleep?
(d) Gardener's hut
4. Out of what material is the fald-stool made?
5. What is a "fald-stool?"
(a) Pair of riding boots
(b) Royal cloak
(c) Poisonous mushroom
(d) Folding chair
6. What material did the people use to create Marsile's throne?
(a) Human bones
(d) Wood from a sacred tree
7. What does Oliver request from Roland?
(a) More soldiers
(c) More weapons
(d) Another horse
8. Ganelon says that Charlemagne would rather die than leave his...
9. Which of these characteristics regarding Charlemagne is not among those listed by Ganelon?
10. How long has Charlemagne been at war?
(a) 5 years
(b) 4 years
(c) 7 years
(d) 10 years
11. Who warns Charlemagne that Marsile is not to be trusted?
12. Oliver tells Roland that he has been...
13. Where is Charlemagne's home?
14. The poem states that Charlemagne holds no man in...
15. Where do Charlemagne's people meet?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the ruler of the region?
2. The soldiers equated the plague as:
3. How many hostages will be presented?
4. This stanza predicts:
5. What is the name of Marsile's brother?
This section contains 244 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)