|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of these things was NOT given to Ganelon by Charlemagne?
(b) Silver reins
2. What do the pagans call Ganelon?
(a) Noble Baron
(b) Cunning soldier
(c) Rebellious rogue
(d) Foolish pawn
3. Which of the following will NOT be offered to Charlemagne?
(b) Commitment to convert
(c) Marsile's sword
4. What is the name of Ganelon's horse?
5. Which animal was tethered with a leash?
6. What was the weather when Blancandrin arrived?
7. Who does Ganelon refer to as a "courteous paladin?"
8. What city did Marsile's soldier Valdabron take by treason?
9. Blancandrin is described as:
(a) Ignorant and unkempt
(b) Wise and gallant
(c) Devious and cruel
(d) Brilliant and deceitful
10. How does Charlemagne know that Ganelon has betrayed him?
(a) Roland overhead a conversation
(b) He has a dream
(c) The seer told Charlemagne
(d) Ganelon confessed
11. Out of what material is Ganelon's cloak made?
(d) Deer skin
12. Roland asks Oliver's advice about what?
(a) How to win Oliver's sister
(b) How to capture Marsile
(c) Calling in reinforcements
(d) How to change strategy
13. How long has Charlemagne been at war?
(a) 7 years
(b) 10 years
(c) 4 years
(d) 5 years
14. What is Ganelon's plan once he reaches Saragossa?
15. What material did the people use to create Marsile's throne?
(a) Wood from a sacred tree
(d) Human bones
Short Answer Questions
1. Roland kills how many Saracens with his spear?
2. What type of pelt does Ganelon wear?
3. Who/what is Murgles?
4. What item(s) does Ganelon give to Charlemagne?
5. With which country is Charlemagne at war?
This section contains 279 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)