|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where do Charlemagne's people meet?
2. To whom does Charlemagne turn to for counsel?
3. The soldiers equated the plague as:
(a) God's wrath
(b) The end of time
(c) A harbinger of doom
(d) Marsile's evil curse
4. What is Roland's title?
5. Which animal was not taken on the journey as a gift?
6. Who is the first person to volunteer to go to Saragossa?
(b) Archbishop Turpin
(c) Duke Neimes
(d) Count Basan
7. What gift did Roland give to Charlemagne?
8. What is Ganelon to Roland?
9. How does Marsile expect the interaction to end?
(a) With the beheading of the hostages
(b) With the surrender of Saragossa
(c) The death of Charlemagne
(d) With another call to war
10. How does Ganelon refer to himself?
11. Which animal was tethered with a leash?
12. What sign of peace will go with Marsile's people?
(b) White flag
(d) Olive branch
13. What city does Ganelon go to to meet Charlemagne?
14. The poem does not address which of the following:
15. Who is the ruler of the region?
Short Answer Questions
1. Blancandrin is described as:
2. How does Charlemagne know that Ganelon has betrayed him?
3. Who/what is Murgles?
4. According to Ganelon, Marsile begs Charlemagne to save who?
5. Which of the following will NOT be offered to Charlemagne?
This section contains 285 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)