|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Charlemagne's dream, what animal did he see?
2. Who is Aelroth?
(a) Marsile's brother
(b) Marsile's nephew
(c) Oliver's brother
(d) A pagan lookout
3. When Ganelon met Marsile, he was enveloped in what?
4. How does Charlemagne know that Ganelon has betrayed him?
(a) Ganelon confessed
(b) He has a dream
(c) The seer told Charlemagne
(d) Roland overhead a conversation
5. What does Charlemagne do on the morning of Ganelon's return?
(a) Goes to mass
(b) Prepares to return home
(c) Throws Ganelon in jail
(d) Frees Marsile's slaves
6. Ganelon tells Charlemagne that Marsile's traitorous men met with what fate?
(a) They were
(b) They drowned
(c) They were killed by hounds
(d) They were captured
7. Who tries to make peace between Roland and Oliver?
8. How many hostages will be presented?
9. The Song of Roland is referred to as what type of poem?
10. What country is the poem written about?
11. What is another name for Charlemagne?
12. To whom does Marsile pray?
13. Where do Charlemagne's people meet?
14. What item(s) does Ganelon give to Charlemagne?
(a) Keys to Marsile's palace
(b) Marsile's horse
(c) 1,000 slaves
(d) Bags of gold
15. At the end of the first battle, how many Saracens are left alive?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the first person to volunteer to go to Saragossa?
2. How many pagans arrived carrying olive branches?
3. How many French generals are killed by Grandoine?
4. How is Oliver described?
5. How does Roland repay Grandoine?
This section contains 281 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)