|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How is Oliver described?
2. Where did the messengers sleep?
(d) Gardener's hut
3. Turpin reminds the troops to keep what item?
4. The Song of Roland is referred to as what type of poem?
5. What region remains beyond Charlemagne's grasp?
6. Who asks for permission to kill Roland?
(a) Marsile's nephew
7. Where does Charlemagne leave Roland?
(a) Pass of Aspre
(c) Road to Saragossa
(d) Spanish Pass
8. Who/what is Murgles?
(b) A mountain
9. What is the name of the nephew to Richard the Old?
10. What is the name of Ganelon's horse?
11. How does Charlemagne refer to Ganelon?
(a) Traitorous fool
(b) Soulless mercenary
(c) Devil incarnate
(d) Evil doer
12. Which of the following will NOT be offered to Charlemagne?
(b) Marsile's sword
(c) Commitment to convert
13. What do the pagans call Ganelon?
(a) Rebellious rogue
(b) Foolish pawn
(c) Noble Baron
(d) Cunning soldier
14. Out of what material is the fald-stool made?
15. What color were the feathers on Marsile's dart?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of Marsile's brother?
2. Who is sent ahead to act as lookout for Roland?
3. Roland kills how many Saracens with his spear?
4. The gift is worth more than what amount of money?
5. How does Charlemagne know that Ganelon has betrayed him?
This section contains 256 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)