Mid-Book Test - Easy
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How do Charlemagne's people refer to themselves?
2. What event will be celebrated with Charlemagne?
(b) The King's birthday
(c) Festival of St. Michael
3. Who encourages peace between Marsile and Ganelon?
(a) High Priest
(d) Marsile's wife
4. What was the weather when Blancandrin arrived?
5. How long has Charlemagne been at war?
(a) 5 years
(b) 7 years
(c) 10 years
(d) 4 years
6. According to Blancandrin, who is responsible for giving bad advice to Charlemagne?
7. Roland asks Oliver's advice about what?
(a) How to capture Marsile
(b) Calling in reinforcements
(c) How to win Oliver's sister
(d) How to change strategy
8. How does Charlemagne refer to Ganelon?
(a) Traitorous fool
(b) Devil incarnate
(c) Soulless mercenary
(d) Evil doer
9. What is the name of the nephew to Richard the Old?
10. How does Roland repay Grandoine?
(a) Has him sent to the gallows
(b) Cuts off his head
(c) Chases him out of the valley
(d) Pays him in gold
11. Who warns Charlemagne that Marsile is not to be trusted?
12. Who is the first to meet Ganelon as he approaches Saragossa?
(a) Pagan high priest
(c) Marsile's envoy
13. Under what type tree does Charlemagne sit?
14. Marsile believes that Charlemagne will grow...
15. What material did the people use to create Marsile's throne?
(b) Wood from a sacred tree
(d) Human bones
Short Answer Questions
1. Archbishop Turpin kills which mystical Saracen?
2. What religion is Charlemagne?
3. In Charlemagne's dream, what item does Ganelon break?
4. Who does Ganelon refer to as a "courteous paladin?"
5. What did Charlemagne do after hearing about Marsile's willingness to convert?
This section contains 294 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)