|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. At the end of the first battle, how many Saracens are left alive?
2. What does Oliver request from Roland?
(b) Another horse
(c) More weapons
(d) More soldiers
3. What sign of peace will go with Marsile's people?
(b) White flag
(c) Olive branch
4. What item(s) does Ganelon give to Charlemagne?
(a) Marsile's horse
(b) Bags of gold
(c) 1,000 slaves
(d) Keys to Marsile's palace
5. What did Charlemagne do after hearing about Marsile's willingness to convert?
(a) Bowed his head
(b) Called for the Archbishop
(c) Sent Blancandrin away
6. What is the name of Oliver's sword?
7. Where do Charlemagne's people meet?
8. What country is the poem written about?
9. Oliver says he would rather die than face what?
(d) Religious persecution
10. Blancandrin is described as:
(a) Wise and gallant
(b) Brilliant and deceitful
(c) Devious and cruel
(d) Ignorant and unkempt
11. The poem states that Charlemagne cannot save himself from:
12. Who is Baldwin?
(a) Ganelon's son
(c) Roland's best friend
13. Marsile's nephew asks for how many barons?
14. According to Ganelon, Marsile begs Charlemagne to save who?
(b) His first born son
(c) His wife
(d) His uncle
15. In Charlemagne's dream, what animal did he see?
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of these words does NOT describe Abisme?
2. What event will be celebrated with Charlemagne?
3. How many pagans arrived carrying olive branches?
4. Roland kills how many Saracens with his spear?
5. Who is Aelroth?
This section contains 257 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)