|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Ganelon's plan to achieve peace?
(a) Convince Charlemagne to become pagan
(b) Kill Roland
(c) Deceive both Marsile and Charlemagne
(d) Abandon his post
2. What type of pelt does Ganelon wear?
3. Out of what material is the fald-stool made?
4. In Charlemagne's dream, what animal did he see?
5. Turpin reminds the troops to keep what item?
6. What gift does Marsile give to Ganelon?
(a) His wife
(b) Sable skins
(c) His sword
7. Archbishop Turpin kills which mystical Saracen?
8. Oliver says he would rather die than face what?
(d) Religious persecution
9. What is a "fald-stool?"
(a) Folding chair
(b) Poisonous mushroom
(c) Pair of riding boots
(d) Royal cloak
10. This stanza predicts:
11. To whom does Charlemagne turn to for counsel?
12. What sign of peace will go with Marsile's people?
(c) Olive branch
(d) White flag
13. How does the poem refer to Blancandrin?
14. Who warns Charlemagne that Marsile is not to be trusted?
15. To whom does Marsile pray?
Short Answer Questions
1. How is Oliver described?
2. Which animal was not taken on the journey as a gift?
3. What was the weather when Blancandrin arrived?
4. Who is the first person to volunteer to go to Saragossa?
5. What is the name of the nephew to Richard the Old?
This section contains 256 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)