|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Marsile's nephew asks for how many barons?
2. What is Ganelon's plan to achieve peace?
(a) Deceive both Marsile and Charlemagne
(b) Kill Roland
(c) Convince Charlemagne to become pagan
(d) Abandon his post
3. Where do Charlemagne's people meet?
4. What plagues the soldiers on the field?
(c) Unbearable heat
5. What city did Marsile's soldier Valdabron take by treason?
6. Oliver tells Roland that he has been...
7. Who is the first to meet Ganelon as he approaches Saragossa?
(a) Pagan high priest
(d) Marsile's envoy
8. Ganelon proposes that Marsile send what to Charlemagne?
(b) 1,000 francs
(c) Sable skins
9. Ganelon recommends that Marsile send "five score thousand" pagans to defeat the troops left behind. How many is "five score thousand?"
10. What did Charlemagne do after hearing about Marsile's willingness to convert?
(a) Sent Blancandrin away
(c) Called for the Archbishop
(d) Bowed his head
11. The poem states that Charlemagne cannot save himself from:
12. What region remains beyond Charlemagne's grasp?
13. How do Charlemagne's people refer to themselves?
14. What do the pagans call Ganelon?
(a) Noble Baron
(b) Foolish pawn
(c) Cunning soldier
(d) Rebellious rogue
15. According to Ganelon, Marsile begs Charlemagne to save who?
(a) His uncle
(c) His wife
(d) His first born son
Short Answer Questions
1. How many pagans arrived carrying olive branches?
2. What is the name of Ganelon's horse?
3. Archbishop Turpin kills which mystical Saracen?
4. Where did the messengers sleep?
5. How is Oliver described?
This section contains 260 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)