|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Marsile expect the interaction to end?
(a) With another call to war
(b) With the surrender of Saragossa
(c) The death of Charlemagne
(d) With the beheading of the hostages
2. Archbishop Turpin kills which mystical Saracen?
3. What item(s) does Ganelon give to Charlemagne?
(a) 1,000 slaves
(b) Marsile's horse
(c) Bags of gold
(d) Keys to Marsile's palace
4. What is Ganelon's plan once he reaches Saragossa?
5. Who is the first person to volunteer to go to Saragossa?
(a) Count Basan
(b) Duke Neimes
(c) Archbishop Turpin
6. The poem states that Charlemagne cannot save himself from:
7. Marsile believes that Charlemagne will grow...
8. How many French generals are killed by Grandoine?
9. In Charlemagne's dream, what animal did he see?
10. Where is Charlemagne's home?
11. What gift does Marsile give to Ganelon?
(a) His sword
(c) His wife
(d) Sable skins
12. Who brought news to Charlemagne?
13. Who does Ganelon refer to as a "courteous paladin?"
14. Which of these characteristics regarding Charlemagne is not among those listed by Ganelon?
15. Where does Charlemagne leave Roland?
(a) Road to Saragossa
(b) Pass of Aspre
(d) Spanish Pass
Short Answer Questions
1. The gift is worth more than what amount of money?
2. Blancandrin is described as:
3. How many pagans arrived carrying olive branches?
4. Where do Charlemagne's people meet?
5. Who/what is Murgles?
This section contains 259 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)