|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. With which country is Charlemagne at war?
2. What gift does Marsile give to Ganelon?
(a) His wife
(b) Sable skins
(d) His sword
3. Where do Charlemagne's people meet?
4. How many times does Roland sound the horn?
5. Who asks for permission to kill Roland?
(d) Marsile's nephew
6. What item(s) does Ganelon give to Charlemagne?
(a) Marsile's horse
(b) Keys to Marsile's palace
(c) 1,000 slaves
(d) Bags of gold
7. What did Charlemagne do after hearing about Marsile's willingness to convert?
(a) Bowed his head
(b) Called for the Archbishop
(d) Sent Blancandrin away
8. What event will be celebrated with Charlemagne?
(b) The King's birthday
(d) Festival of St. Michael
9. Who does Ganelon refer to as a "courteous paladin?"
10. Archbishop Turpin kills which mystical Saracen?
11. Who tries to make peace between Roland and Oliver?
12. Who is the ruler of the region?
13. How does Charlemagne refer to Ganelon?
(a) Soulless mercenary
(b) Devil incarnate
(c) Evil doer
(d) Traitorous fool
14. How does Charlemagne know that Ganelon has betrayed him?
(a) The seer told Charlemagne
(b) Roland overhead a conversation
(c) Ganelon confessed
(d) He has a dream
15. How long has Charlemagne been at war?
(a) 10 years
(b) 7 years
(c) 5 years
(d) 4 years
Short Answer Questions
1. How does the poem refer to Blancandrin?
2. What is Roland's title?
3. Which of these things was NOT given to Ganelon by Charlemagne?
4. How many French generals are killed by Grandoine?
5. What religion is Charlemagne?
This section contains 256 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)