|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Archbishop Turpin kills which mystical Saracen?
2. Blancandrin is described as:
(a) Devious and cruel
(b) Brilliant and deceitful
(c) Wise and gallant
(d) Ignorant and unkempt
3. Which of these characteristics regarding Charlemagne is not among those listed by Ganelon?
4. Where does Charlemagne leave Roland?
(a) Road to Saragossa
(c) Pass of Aspre
(d) Spanish Pass
5. What is another name for Charlemagne?
6. What type of pelt does Ganelon wear?
7. Marsile is concerned about his lack of what item?
8. What region remains beyond Charlemagne's grasp?
9. How long has Charlemagne been at war?
(a) 5 years
(b) 10 years
(c) 7 years
(d) 4 years
10. Out of what material is the fald-stool made?
11. According to Blancandrin, who is responsible for giving bad advice to Charlemagne?
12. Who is the ruler of the region?
13. Which of these things was NOT given to Ganelon by Charlemagne?
(c) Silver reins
14. How many French generals are killed by Grandoine?
15. What do the pagans call Ganelon?
(a) Cunning soldier
(b) Noble Baron
(c) Foolish pawn
(d) Rebellious rogue
Short Answer Questions
1. The poem states that Charlemagne holds no man in...
2. How does Roland repay Grandoine?
3. How did Basan and Basilie die?
4. What is the name of Oliver's sword?
5. What was the weather when Blancandrin arrived?
This section contains 259 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)