Short Essay Questions
1. According to part one, what is Roland's role in the Song of Roland?
2. Which city remains the property of another King? Which King is it?
3. What is the supposed reason that the city remains under the rule of another king?
4. If the king chooses to worship another religion, what are his beliefs? To whom does the king turn?
5. What is Marsile's attitude toward Charlemagne? How will the King approach his rival?
6. Why does Marsile ask his counselors for help? Who comes up with a plan?
7. How do Marsile's messengers intend to deceive Charlemagne? Why do they think the Emperor will fall for it?
8. How does Blancandrin predict that the plan will work out? What will happen to the city?
9. What is Charlemagne's response to the end of the seven year's war with Spain?
10. How does Charlemagne react to the news from Blancandrin?
This section contains 961 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)