|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Charlemagne know that Ganelon has betrayed him?
(a) He has a dream
(b) Ganelon confessed
(c) Roland overhead a conversation
(d) The seer told Charlemagne
2. To whom does Charlemagne turn to for counsel?
3. How does Ganelon refer to himself?
4. How does Charlemagne refer to Ganelon?
(a) Devil incarnate
(b) Evil doer
(c) Traitorous fool
(d) Soulless mercenary
5. What event will be celebrated with Charlemagne?
(b) The King's birthday
(d) Festival of St. Michael
Short Answer Questions
1. How does the poem refer to Blancandrin?
2. Ganelon recommends that Marsile send "five score thousand" pagans to defeat the troops left behind. How many is "five score thousand?"
3. What is Ganelon to Roland?
4. What is the period of history called in which the story takes place?
5. What religion is Charlemagne?
This section contains 142 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)