Chapter abstracts are short descriptions of events that occur in each chapter. They highlight major plot events and detail the important relationships and characteristics of characters and objects. The Chapter Abstracts can be used to review what the students have read, or to prepare the students for what they will read. Hand the abstracts out in class as a study guide, or use them as a "key" for a class discussion. They are relatively brief, but can serve to be an excellent refresher of the text for either a student or teacher.
Part 1 Abstract
* Reader is introduced to Roland
* Roland is in service to Charlemagne
* Roland is Charlemagne's nephew
Part 2 Abstract
* Charlemagne has been at war with Spain for seven years
* King Marsile, a Muslim, rules Saragossa
Part 3 Abstract
* Marsile asks the people for advice
* Blancandrin comes up with a plan
* The group intends to approach Charlemagne with...
This section contains 1,562 words
(approx. 6 pages at 300 words per page)