|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How are Taita's animals killed?
(a) With arrows.
(b) With a jar of poisoned goat's milk.
(c) By starvation.
(d) With a jar of poisoned honey.
2. Near the end of the wedding feast, what does Taita discover about Pharaoh's personality?
(a) He is incapable of loving anyone other than himself.
(b) He is a kind man.
(c) He is a heartless man.
(d) He is a lewd man.
3. How does Tanus get back into shape after his weeks of drinking and laziness?
(a) Two weeks' worth of difficult training.
(b) Three weeks' worth of sword practice.
(c) Fighting the Shrikes on the road.
(d) A four-day march with his regiment.
4. How many wounded Shrikes does Taita care for after the battle?
5. When Taita returns to Lostris, why is she sick?
(a) The miscarriage of Pharaoh's child made her ill.
(b) She is sick with worry for Tanus.
(c) She has contracted malaria.
(d) She has barely eaten anything.
6. Why do Taita and Tanus kill six Shrikes on the road?
(a) They had stolen a donkey.
(b) They had attacked the two men.
(c) They had killed a family of three.
(d) They had verbally threatened the two men.
7. Why does Shufti take so long to retaliate against Tanus and his band of men?
(a) He is waiting for orders from his captain.
(b) He is waiting for Tanus's caravan to tire.
(c) He is gathering over a thousand of his own soldiers.
(d) He is waiting for nightfall.
8. What deity is both Lostris's patron and symbolized by the hippopotamus?
(a) Horus god the wind.
(b) Seth god of the underworld.
(c) Hapi goddess of the Nile.
(d) Horus god of the Nile.
9. What is the symbol of Pharaoh's power?
(a) A blue hawk seal.
(b) A red falcon seal.
(c) The Gold of Praise.
(d) An enormous golden ring.
10. Contrary to Pharaoh's plans, why does Lostris set out to charm him?
(a) To win freedom for Taita.
(b) To win his favor for Tanus.
(c) To win his love and eventually marriage.
(d) To win favor for her father.
11. Though Taita is an accomplished physician, what part of the human anatomy still confuses him (pg 88)?
(a) The brain.
(b) The veins.
(c) The heart.
(d) The lungs.
12. How does Lostris treat the common people in the city?
(a) She brings them food and visits with them.
(b) She treats them with respect but from a distance.
(c) She takes advantage of them as her subjects.
(d) She does not even look at them when she rides through the streets.
13. What does Lostris ask from her father for a wedding gift?
(b) One hundred feddan of prime land.
(d) Five thousand gold rings.
14. Where do Taita and Lostris go when they want to talk privately?
(a) In a skiff on the river.
(b) Into her water garden.
(c) Along the outer walls of the harem.
(d) In her inner chamber bedroom.
15. What does Tanus name as one of the single worst afflictions to settle on Egypt?
(a) The bands of slave traders.
(b) The lack of a male heir to the throne.
(c) Pharaoh's tax collectors.
(d) The black plague.
Short Answer Questions
1. When will Pharaoh marry Lostris?
2. What color does Lostris wear to prove she is a virgin bride?
3. Why does Tanus send Taita away before the second battle?
4. What does "Lostris" mean?
5. To what army regiment does Tanus belong?
This section contains 637 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)