|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Pages 405-444.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What body parts are left inside a man when he is embalmed?
(a) The heart and kidneys.
(b) The lungs and brain.
(c) The liver and stomach.
(d) The heart and lungs.
2. What is the name of the warriors who are coming from the east?
3. Why was Taita made a eunuch when he was sixteen?
(a) He had refused to sacrifice to Lord Intef's favorite god.
(b) He had attempted to escape from the palace.
(c) He had stolen several jewels from Lord Intef's treasury.
(d) He had been unfaithful to Lord Intef and slept with a slave girl.
4. During her feast to celebrate Taita, what gift does Lostris try to give him?
(a) New physician's tools.
(b) His own house apart from hers.
(c) Three new slave boys.
(d) His freedom.
5. What does Taita conspicuously display over the harem wall the morning after Lostris's wedding?
(a) Pharaoh's seal symbolizing his approval of Lostris.
(b) A blood-stained sheet from Lostris's bed.
(c) The flowers that had been in Lostris's hair the day before.
(d) Lostris's blood-stained wedding skirt.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Lord Intef die?
2. How does the goddess Hapi answer the travelers' prayers at the beginning of their voyage?
3. What deity is both Lostris's patron and symbolized by the hippopotamus?
4. How does Lostris ensure that Tanus is a part of her son's life?
5. Why are the Egyptians easily able to capture the Shilluk village in Cush?
This section contains 377 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)