|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Woody Clay?
2. What do Isobel Bonterre and Malin Hatch ride together on?
3. Neidelman takes responsibility for Ken Field's accident. What part of Field's body did Malin have to amputate?
4. Where is Malin Hatch when Chapter 18 begins?
5. Who does Malin Hatch run into on his way back to the lobster bake?
Short Essay Questions
1. Detail what Hatch sees when he comes aboard the Cerberus with Neidelman in Chapter 11.
2. Who are the two divers on Neidelman's team and what are they going to be doing?
3. What makes the team believe they have found a mass grave at the Water Pit?
4. Why is Wopner trashing one of his computers?
5. Who was the first member of Neidelman's crew requiring medical attention from Malin? What happened that required medical attention?
6. Detail the results of using the explosives on the Water Pit.
7. Who does Malin renew an acquaintance with while at Stormhaven? What do they discuss?
8. Where and what was the discussion about between Neidelman and Hatch in Chapter 20?
9. What happens at the beginning of Chapter 9 when Malin visits his childhood home?
10. What happens when Malin and Johnny Hatch take a boat over to Ragged Island?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What is the relationship between Professor Horn and Malin Hatch throughout "Riptide"? Does the relationship progress? What strains the relationship? How are these characters different?
Essay Topic 2
What is the relationship between Kerry Wopner and Gerald Neidelman? How are they similar? How are they different?
Essay Topic 3
Analyze how the theme of disobedience is evident with the Hatch brothers, Malin and Johnny. How does it affect their interpersonal relationships? How does disobedience effect what happens to each character? Present examples from the book to support your position.
This section contains 869 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)