|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Because they can't pump the water out, what does Neidelman order the crew to do, just like the pirates?
2. Who is Sergio Scopatti?
3. After the boys get to Ragged Island, what is the first thing the boys find?
4. What is the restaurant full of where Hatch and Bonterre have dinner?
5. In Chapter 18, who is discussing the problems with code-breaking and computer chips?
Short Essay Questions
1. What was the discussion between Malin Hatch and Woody Clay about at the Stormhaven Lobster Bake?
2. Why does Alfred Hatch Sr. tell his boys, Malin and Johnny, that they are forbidden to go to Ragged Island?
3. Whom is Neidelman speaking to at the beginning of Chapter 7, and why is he giving this speech?
4. Where and what was the discussion about between Neidelman and Hatch in Chapter 20?
5. In Chapter 10, what is the purpose of the meeting aboard the Griffin?
6. What do Christopher St. John, Malin Hatch, and Kerry Wopner discuss on the Cerberus in Chapter 11?
7. What are some terms of the agreement that Neidelman and Malin make and how do they seal their agreement with each other?
8. What is the legend of the pirate Red Ned Ockham?
9. Detail the results of using the explosives on the Water Pit.
10. What was the discussion about between Malin Hatch and Professor Horn at the Stormhaven Lobster Bake?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Name three things that Hatch is nervous about with his return to Stormhaven after twenty-five years. Reference the text to support your claims.
Essay Topic 2
What actions support the fact that Woody Clay is looking out for the well being of Stormhaven? How do others react to his concern? What does he warn others of in"Riptide?" How does this show is support or lack thereof?
Essay Topic 3
What is the relationship between Professor Horn and Malin Hatch throughout "Riptide"? Does the relationship progress? What strains the relationship? How are these characters different?
This section contains 922 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)