|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does the research come from in the documents Hatch studies?
2. Hatch has a visitor in Chapter 27. What is the reason for this person's visit?
(a) To study skeletons.
(b) To talk.
(c) To apologize.
(d) To have dinner.
3. Who led a convoy of boats that surrounded the Cerberus?
(a) Woody Clay.
(b) Christoper St. John.
(c) Isobel Bonterre.
(d) Malin Hatch.
4. Who becomes severely injured by being burned in debris at the Water Pit?
(a) St. John.
5. What does Neidelman accuse Hatch of in Chapter 40?
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens to the cave as Neidelman removes the last band holding the casket?
2. From what location does Hatch watch the flotilla?
3. In Chapter 53, what does Neidelman stand in awe of?
4. How does Woody Clay feel when he makes it back to Ragged Island in Chapter 47?
5. Why were most of the staff sent home from the Water Pit in Chapter 52?
Short Essay Questions
1. Once Hatch has made it to shore in Chapter 49e, who begins shooting at Hatch and why?
2. Why does Hatch scream and whose voice answers Hatch's scream?
3. What do Hatch and Claire discuss at Burnt Head?
4. What is Neidelman's reaction to the treasure vault and what does he do when he enters?
5. What does Neidelman do when Hatch tells him that he wants to stop digging for awhile and threatens to shut down the whole operation, as per the contract?
6. What does Hatch find while exploring the attic in his horse?
7. Who is Donny Truitt and why did he come to see Hatch?
8. What activities are happening at the Water Pit in Chapter 29?
9. What does Hatch discover upon studying the skeletons from the Water Pit?
10. What is the special sermon Woody Clay is preparing for Kerry Wopner's funeral about?
This section contains 747 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)