|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Bonterre head once she makes it to shore?
(a) Command center.
(c) Water Pit.
(d) Plain Jane.
2. Who calls the crew at the Water Pit and tells them there is a problem within the Water Pit?
(d) St. John.
3. What is Hatch thinking about as he walks through the Burnt Head area?
(a) His involvement in the project.
(c) The past.
(d) The future.
4. What does Streeter do to Hatch when he sees him on the beach?
(a) Talk to him.
(b) Run after him.
(c) Congratulate him.
(d) Shoot him.
5. How does Rankin greet Bonterre at the start of Chapter 52?
(d) He doesn't greet Bonterre.
6. What is inside a dusty wardrobe cabinet in Hatch's attic?
(a) Old journal notes.
(b) Old books.
(c) Old newspapers.
(d) Old magazines.
7. How far is Neidelman's crew from the treasure chamber in Chapter 41?
(a) Eight yards.
(b) Eighty yards.
(c) Eight kilometers.
(d) Eight feet.
8. By who were the documents that Hatch studies handwritten?
9. Who is thrown in the water at the end of Chapter 45?
10. What is the name of the lobster man who wants to quit the flotilla protest?
11. Who is the Ragged Island crew waiting for that will arrive the next day at the Water Pit?
(b) Insurance adjuster.
(d) Wopner's replacement.
12. What does Hatch tell Neidelman he believes about St. Micheal's sword?
(a) The sword is cursed.
(b) The sword is beautiful.
(c) The sword is lucky.
(d) The sword is dangerous.
13. What is Hatch without in the Water Pit in Chapter 54?
14. Who approaches Hatch with the news that they had found Johnny's remains?
(d) St. John.
15. What does Bonterre sneak into Hatch's office for?
(b) Papers from the wardrobe cabinet.
(d) Medical kit.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who joins Hatch while he paints in Chapter 38?
2. After Neidelman's accusation, what does Hatch do in Chapter 40?
3. What does Neidelman accuse Hatch of in Chapter 40?
4. In Chapter 50, whom is Bonterre seeing if she can trust?
5. When Rankin and Bonterre are taking readings with the Radmeter, who walked in on them?
This section contains 371 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)