|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Louis discover Teela has been reading about in Chapter 3?
2. What do the native people as Louis for in Chapter 12?
3. Why did the puppeteers disappear?
4. What happens to the ship as a protective measure if it is attacked?
5. What is the kzin history with humans full of?
Short Essay Questions
1. What mission does Nessus propose to Louis?
2. How do the different characters handle the stress of their situation of crash landing on a foreign planet in Chapter 11?
3. What is the state of mind of the crew in Chapter 8 as they approach Ringworld?
4. What is the trip to the puppeteer planet like for Louis?
5. What does Louis think about Teela during Chapter 5?
6. What happens when Louis laughs at the natives in Chapter 12?
7. How is the Kemplar rosette described in Chapter 5?
8. Why does Nessus want Speaker on the mission?
9. Please describe the flycycles.
10. What realization about Teela does Louis come to in Chapter 4?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Please choose one of the following characters to do a character analysis on: Teela, Nessus, Speaker, or Louis. Please also explain the role of this character in the story and what type of character(s) this person is in the story.
Essay Topic 2
We are introduced to the four crew members early in the story. Please explain how each of these crew members are challenged throughout the course of the novel and whether or not they show any growth as a result of the various challenges they face as individuals.
Essay Topic 3
Please explain what conflict is in a work of literature. What types of conflict can be seen in Ringworld and what, if anything, is the main conflict of the story?
This section contains 968 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)