|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the first crewmember to leave the ship on the Ringworld?
2. Why is Louis worried about the aliens on the Ringworld?
3. How many heads does Nessus have?
4. What is Louis's office protected from?
5. How long will their flycycle trip to the port take the crew?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who is Chiron and what message does he have for the travelers?
2. What is the result of Nessus's search in Chapter 3?
3. Describe the alien that Louis meets in Chapter 1.
4. Please describe the ship the crew will be taking to Ringworld.
5. How would you describe Louis's character in Chapter 1?
6. What information is shared about the nature of the kzin in Chapter 2?
7. What happens when Louis laughs at the natives in Chapter 12?
8. What does Louis think about Teela during Chapter 5?
9. What puppeteer problem and solution does Nessus share with the crew in Chapter 5?
10. What information does Nessus bring back to the group when he returns in Chapter 7?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Relationships are prevalent throughout the story. Please choose one of the following relationships and describe how the relationships evolves/changes, what the status of the relationship is at the end of the story, and what purpose you believe this relationship has in the story-- Louis and Teela, Speaker and Nessus, Louis and Prill.
Essay Topic 2
The tasp is used on more than one character in this story. Please explain what the tasp is and what it does. What is the tasp's affect on Prill and why was it used on her? Do you think that the use of the tasp was appropriate? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 3
Using the knowledge you have gained in your study of the Ringworld, give your personal critique of the book. Did they enjoy it or not? Do they think it was well written? Do they think that the literary techniques used by the author were used correctly? Were they helpful? In the end would they recommend this book to a friend? Why or why not?
This section contains 893 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)