|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Besides Chiron's projection, how many other puppeteers do the crewmembers see?
2. What does the hyperdrive technology mean to Louis?
3. What does the puppeteer planet look like when the crew lands on it?
4. What is the name of Nessus's quantum II ship?
5. In Chapter 2, why does Nessus say he has asked a kzin to come on his mission?
Short Essay Questions
1. Please describe the ship the crew will be taking to Ringworld.
2. What information is shared about the nature of the kzin in Chapter 2?
3. What does the crew observe about Ringworld as they approach in the Liar?
4. How does Louis feel about the possibility of Teela joining the mission?
5. Why has Teela decided to join the mission?
6. Why does Nessus want Speaker on the mission?
7. How do the different characters handle the stress of their situation of crash landing on a foreign planet in Chapter 11?
8. What happens after the ship gets hit by something as it heads to the rectangles in Chapter 9?
9. What does Speaker try to do once aboard the Long Shot in Chapter 4?
10. What does the crew learn about the Ringworld from the natives in Chapter 12?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Please compare and contrast the science fiction genre of fiction with the fantasy genre. Which genre does Ringworld fall into? Please provide examples of how the Ringworld falls into this genre.
Essay Topic 2
Please explain what hubris is. Which character in the novel is an example of hubris at work and how it is seen in this character? What is the failed outcome for this character?
Essay Topic 3
Myths and legends are referred to by the natives on the Ringworld. Please explain the importance of myths, legends, and similar tales. What are some of the myths held by the natives of the Ringworld.
This section contains 980 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)