|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is a variable sword?
2. How does Teela first respond to Nessus's offer to join the mission?
3. What in in the picture that Nessus shows Louis in the first chapter?
4. The ship taking the crew to Ringworld is designed to be piloted by whom?
5. What does the hyperdrive technology mean to Louis?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does the crew learn about the Ringworld from the natives in Chapter 12?
2. How would you describe Louis's character in Chapter 1?
3. How does Louis feel about the possibility of Teela joining the mission?
4. How does Nessus handle Speaker's outburst in Chapter 4?
5. Please describe the flycycles.
6. Please describe the ship the crew will be taking to Ringworld.
7. What is the state of mind of the crew in Chapter 8 as they approach Ringworld?
8. What history about the humans and kzin is shared in Chapter 6?
9. What information is shared about the nature of the kzin in Chapter 2?
10. Describe the alien that Louis meets in Chapter 1.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Please explain the role that puppeteers had, whether indirect or direct, in both the lives of both Speaker and Teela. What happens to the crew when Speaker and Teela realize how the puppeteers have been involved in their lives?
Essay Topic 2
Throughout the story, we see various individuals fighting for leadership on the mission to Ringworld. What do you think truly makes a person a leader? Who do they believe was the true leader on the mission to Ringworld and why?
Essay Topic 3
Relationships are prevalent throughout the story. Please choose one of the following relationships and describe how the relationships evolves/changes, what the status of the relationship is at the end of the story, and what purpose you believe this relationship has in the story-- Louis and Teela, Speaker and Nessus, Louis and Prill.
This section contains 945 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)