|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What had caused the collapse of the Ringworld society?
(c) Meteor storms.
2. What was Prill using the force field for?
(a) To attack the local natives.
(b) To catch food.
(c) To keep out dangerous animals.
(d) To catch Engineers flying by.
3. Why does Nessus use the tasp on Louis?
(a) Because he is mad at Louis.
(b) To trick Prill.
(c) To help him forget about Teela.
(d) In defense.
4. What happens to Nessus when he gets stuck in a wire trap?
(a) The natives attack him.
(b) He loses a hand.
(c) The crew leaves him.
(d) One of his heads is cut off.
5. What does Speaker find in the castle?
(a) A history of Ringworld.
(b) The king.
(c) A feast.
(d) A map room.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 17, what does Nessus believe about the original inhabitants of the Ringworld?
2. What is there a wire statue of in the castle?
3. What happens to Louis's cycle when the signal pulls them in?
4. What warning does Louis get through his translator as he speaks with the priest?
5. What does Louis think about the Ringworld natives forgetting their past and that they live on a ring?
Short Essay Questions
1. What realization about the puppeteers and the man-kzin does Louis come to in Chapter 13?
2. What role does Prill now play in Louis life in Chapter 23?
3. How does the crew escape the force field in Chapter 20?
4. What happens to Teela in Chapter 18 after she is sucked into the storm?
5. How is Speaker injured in Chapter 14?
6. What is found inside the force field in Chapter 19?
7. What plan does Louis present to Speaker in the starter of Chapter 14?
8. What agreement do Louis and Speaker come to in Chapter 24 about their knowledge of the puppeteers' manipulation?
9. How does Louis respond to Teela's love for Seeker?
10. What information does the map room show the crew?
This section contains 950 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)