|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens when Speaker attempts to cut the wire?
(a) The wires attack him.
(b) It cannot be cut.
(c) The natives attack.
(d) He cuts himself.
2. How does Louis respond to having the tasp used on him?
(a) He passes out.
(b) He cries.
(c) He kicks Nessus.
(d) He becomes enslaved to Nessus.
3. What type of trait does Louis realize the puppeteers have tried to breed in the humans?
4. Why did the crew of Prill's ship kill the captain on their final return to Ringworld?
(a) Because he would not let them leave the ship
(b) Just because.
(c) He was a tyrant.
(d) For endangering them.
5. Who has Nessus discovered the woman is?
(a) An explorer from a distant planet.
(b) A crewmember from one of the Engineer ships.
(c) A former queen of Ringworld.
(d) A native who was stuck in the prison.
Short Answer Questions
1. How was the Fist-of-God created?
2. Why does Nessus flee the group in Chapter 13?
3. What is Kdapt?
4. What kind of structure is in the force field?
5. What happens to Prill without the tasp?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens to the crew when they discover the eye in the sky in Chapter 17?
2. How does Louis respond when thousands of natives come to the flying castle in Chapter 16 and what does he learn?
3. What plan does Louis present to Speaker in the starter of Chapter 14?
4. What role does Prill now play in Louis life in Chapter 23?
5. What state are Louis and Speaker in when they are finally released from the force field?
6. What is found inside the force field in Chapter 19?
7. What plan does Louis start creating in Chapter 21 and why?
8. Please describe Seeker.
9. What information does the map room show the crew?
10. What is Louis's final plan to get the Liar and the crew off of the Ringworld?
This section contains 1,058 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)