|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where do the three stop to make plans regarding their search and rescue of Teela?
(a) A cave.
(b) The castle.
(c) A house.
(d) An abandoned warehouse.
2. In Chapter 17, what does Nessus believe about the original inhabitants of the Ringworld?
(a) They can live on any planet.
(b) They could transmute matter.
(c) They could speak any language.
(d) They are not true humans.
3. What happens when Louis calls Nessus to report Speaker's incident?
(a) Nessus turns around and heads to the ship.
(b) Louis in unable to get a hold of Nessus.
(c) Nessus refuses to answer.
(d) Nessus passes out.
4. What does Speaker tell Louis he needs in Chapter 20?
(c) Fresh meat.
(d) His medicine.
5. Why does Nessus use the tasp on Louis?
(a) To help him forget about Teela.
(b) Because he is mad at Louis.
(c) To trick Prill.
(d) In defense.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do the crew members realize the eye really is?
2. What happens to Nessus when he gets stuck in a wire trap?
3. What is Seeker looking for on the Ringworld?
4. How does Louis respond to having the tasp used on him?
5. Why is the crew heading back toward the castle in Chapter 22?
Short Essay Questions
1. What theories to Louis and Nessus have about the original Engineers of Ringworld?
2. What happens to Teela in Chapter 18 after she is sucked into the storm?
3. What happens to the crew when they discover the eye in the sky in Chapter 17?
4. What does the crew learn about the Engineer woman in Chapter 21?
5. What role does Prill now play in Louis life in Chapter 23?
6. How does the crew escape the force field in Chapter 20?
7. What happens in Chapter 22 when the crew tried to collect some of the square wire?
8. What does the crew find inside the floating castle?
9. How does Louis respond when thousands of natives come to the flying castle in Chapter 16 and what does he learn?
10. What do Teela and Speaker realize about the puppeteers interference with their species and breeding in Chapter 13?
This section contains 1,059 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)