|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Louis think the ship crashed on Ringworld if Teela is supernaturally lucky?
(a) Her luck was affected by the stasis.
(b) She is only lucky when she is awake.
(c) She needed to be on Ringworld.
(d) Her luck only works on Earth.
2. What does Louis do when Nessus does not want to go rescue Teela?
(a) Makes Nessus feel guilty until agrees to go.
(b) Tells him he does not have to come.
(d) Threatens to kill him.
3. What is Seeker looking for on the Ringworld?
(a) The arch.
(b) A lost love.
(c) A plant with healing powers.
(d) A new planet for his people.
4. Why is the crew heading back toward the castle in Chapter 22?
(a) They need the maps.
(b) To gather square wire.
(c) To see if Teela is there.
(d) It is their home base.
5. What is the only thing that can save the crew from these burning lights?
(a) A rock or cave.
(b) Flying higher into the atmosphere.
(c) Their safety shields.
(d) Cloud cover.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do the crew members realize the eye really is?
2. Why does Nessus use the tasp on Louis?
3. While searching for Teela, what happens to Speaker and Louis' bikes?
4. What is Kdapt?
5. Where do the three stop to make plans regarding their search and rescue of Teela?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens to the crew when they discover the eye in the sky in Chapter 17?
2. What realization about the puppeteers and the man-kzin does Louis come to in Chapter 13?
3. What happens in Chapter 22 when the crew tried to collect some of the square wire?
4. What conclusion about Teela's luck does the crew come to in Chapter 18?
5. What role does Prill now play in Louis life in Chapter 23?
6. Please describe Seeker.
7. What happens to Teela in Chapter 18 after she is sucked into the storm?
8. What is Louis's final plan to get the Liar and the crew off of the Ringworld?
9. What do Teela and Speaker realize about the puppeteers interference with their species and breeding in Chapter 13?
10. What state are Louis and Speaker in when they are finally released from the force field?
This section contains 1,108 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)