|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Louis notice on the Ringworld ground as they fly?
(a) Bare spots where the ground has eroded away.
(b) A series of irrigation troughs.
(c) Crop-circle like symbols.
(d) Several hot springs.
2. What makes Louis think that Teela must be dead?
(a) He thinks she is too foolish to survive.
(b) He has a gut feeling.
(c) He has not heard from her in hours.
(d) He sees her cycle among the cars.
3. What does Louis make Speaker promise before they set off into space?
(a) To be nice to Prill.
(b) Not to eat anyone.
(c) Not to steal the Long Shot.
(d) To go into stasis for the trip back.
4. What happens to Prill without the tasp?
(a) She goes through withdraw.
(b) She gets very hungry.
(d) She is happy and free.
5. Why does Louis pretend to sell Teela to Seeker?
(a) Seeker thinks Louis is a king.
(b) Seeker thinks Teela belongs to Louis.
(c) Teela has asked Louis do pretend.
(d) Louis wants Seeker to know he loved Teela.
Short Answer Questions
1. How far will Louis and Speaker fall if they fall out of the force field?
2. What role does Louis seem to play in the group thus far in the story?
3. What has Louis named the police station?
4. What lies between the Liar and the rim of the ring?
5. Why does the woman eventually turn off the force field?
Short Essay Questions
1. What state are Louis and Speaker in when they are finally released from the force field?
2. What agreement do Louis and Speaker come to in Chapter 24 about their knowledge of the puppeteers' manipulation?
3. What theories to Louis and Nessus have about the original Engineers of Ringworld?
4. Please describe Seeker.
5. What does the crew find inside the floating castle?
6. What does the crew think of the woman that they see in the prison?
7. How does the crew escape the force field in Chapter 20?
8. What realization about the puppeteers and the man-kzin does Louis come to in Chapter 13?
9. What does the crew do after Speaker is hit and until darkness falls in Chapter 15?
10. What does the crew learn about the Engineer woman in Chapter 21?
This section contains 1,004 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)