|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 2, why does Nessus say he has asked a kzin to come on his mission?
(a) To be their intergallactic guide.
(b) Because kzin are smart.
(c) Because kzin are known for their adventourous spirit.
(d) To protect him.
2. What type of theoretical device does Louis think Ringworld is similar to in Chapter 8?
(a) A Pandora Arc.
(b) A Merical zone.
(c) A Dyson Sphere.
(d) A Rayon Cylinder.
3. Why does Louis jump from city-to-city and time zone-to-time zone in Chapter 1?
(a) There is no reason, he just wants to have fun.
(b) To stretch out this birthday day.
(c) He is visiting his top ten favorite cities.
(d) Because he wants to visit all continents in one day.
4. What is the Kempler rosette?
(a) Five connected planets moving through space.
(b) A beautiful constellation.
(c) A travelling space station powered by humans.
(d) A dying star.
5. Why does the crew think that the Ringworld may have reverted to savagery?
(a) Because they see smoke.
(b) Because there is a desert on the planet.
(c) Because there are clearly warring tribes below them.
(d) Because they cannot see any aliens.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Chiron respond as Nessus approaches?
2. Why does the crew decide not to land at their first landing place?
3. The ship taking the crew to Ringworld is designed to be piloted by whom?
4. What are the natives on the Ringworld like?
5. At the end of Chapter 3, what does Louis say the mission is?
Short Essay Questions
1. How would you describe Louis's character in Chapter 1?
2. What puppeteer problem and solution does Nessus share with the crew in Chapter 5?
3. How does Nessus handle Speaker's outburst in Chapter 4?
4. What mission does Nessus propose to Louis?
5. What does the crew learn about the Ringworld from the natives in Chapter 12?
6. How do the crew members respond to their mission in Chapter 6?
7. Please describe the flycycles.
8. What happens after the ship gets hit by something as it heads to the rectangles in Chapter 9?
9. What is Louis's reaction when he hears that Teela has decided to join the mission?
10. Please describe the ship the crew will be taking to Ringworld.
This section contains 1,044 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)