|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 2, why does Nessus say he has asked a kzin to come on his mission?
(a) To protect him.
(b) Because kzin are known for their adventourous spirit.
(c) Because kzin are smart.
(d) To be their intergallactic guide.
2. What is Louis's office protected from?
(b) Spy beams.
(c) Falling stars.
3. Why does Teela question Louis about the mission?
(a) She wants to get secrets about the ship they are taking.
(b) She wants to know more about where they are going.
(c) She is interested in Louis.
(d) She does not trust Nessus but trusts Louis.
4. Why does the crew think that the Ringworld may have reverted to savagery?
(a) Because they see smoke.
(b) Because they cannot see any aliens.
(c) Because there is a desert on the planet.
(d) Because there are clearly warring tribes below them.
5. What birthday is Louis Wu celebrating at the start of the novel?
(a) His 100th.
(b) His 150th.
(c) His 200th.
(d) His 199th.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who declares themselves in command as they leave the ship on their flycycles?
2. What happens if Nessus has to use the tasp on Speaker too many times?
3. Which of the following information about Ringworld is not correct?
4. After arriving at the puppeteer planet, what useless information does Louis now know?
5. What does Louis discover Teela has been reading about in Chapter 3?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Louis think about Teela during Chapter 5?
2. How is the Kemplar rosette described in Chapter 5?
3. Please describe the Long Shot.
4. What information does Nessus bring back to the group when he returns in Chapter 7?
5. What does Speaker try to do once aboard the Long Shot in Chapter 4?
6. How would you describe Louis's character in Chapter 1?
7. What information is shared about the nature of the kzin in Chapter 2?
8. What does the crew observe about Ringworld as they approach in the Liar?
9. How do the crew members respond to their mission in Chapter 6?
10. Please describe the ship the crew will be taking to Ringworld.
This section contains 904 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)