|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the Blind Spot referred to in Chapter 5?
(a) The spot directly behind the ship.
(b) Any part of unknown space.
(c) Looking out into hyperspace.
(d) The underbelly of the ship.
2. After arriving at the puppeteer planet, what useless information does Louis now know?
(a) How the puppeteers keep from reproducing.
(b) The capital of the puppeteer planet.
(c) The location of the puppeteer home world.
(d) Speaker's favorite food.
3. What are the natives on the Ringworld like?
(a) They are short and bug-like.
(b) Bear-like beings.
4. Who the Outsiders?
(a) Corrupted humans who barter with illegal aliens.
(b) A trading species who buy and sell technology.
(c) Mutants from the puppeteer's experiments.
(d) A peaceful people who welcome all travelers.
5. What does the ship hit as it passes between the shadow squares?
(a) A meteor.
(b) A thin, strong wire.
(c) An invisible force field.
(d) A mountain peak.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Chapter 5, what can cause ships to disappear?
2. What reason does Nessus give for the puppeteers not wiping out the kzin race?
3. Where does the crew end up landing in Chapter 12?
4. What shape are the lights creating in the Kempler rosette?
5. Why does Nessus have to use a tasp on Speaker?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does the crew learn about the Ringworld from the natives in Chapter 12?
2. What happens after the ship gets hit by something as it heads to the rectangles in Chapter 9?
3. What does the crew observe about Ringworld as they approach in the Liar?
4. What history about the humans and kzin is shared in Chapter 6?
5. How does Nessus handle Speaker's outburst in Chapter 4?
6. What does Louis Wu do on this birthday and why?
7. What does the crew decide to do after crashing onto the Ringworld?
8. How does Teela respond to Louis's lessons for her in Chapter 10?
9. Who is Chiron and what message does he have for the travelers?
10. Please describe the ship the crew will be taking to Ringworld.
This section contains 1,023 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)