|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is wrong with Teela in Chapter 11 as the crew is flying across Ringworld?
(a) She is in a Plateau trance.
(b) She is sleep deprived.
(c) She cannot adapt to the air on Ringworld.
(d) She is motion sick from the travelling.
2. How does Louis see Teela in light of her lack of understanding of pain and fear?
(a) He thinks she is evil.
(b) He thinks she is undeveloped.
(c) He thinks she is more evolved.
(d) He thinks she is lucky.
3. Where do the crew members go to pick up their ship?
(a) The East Solar space station.
(b) The Bock brorough.
(c) The Sol system settlement.
(d) The Orion Belt colony.
4. What is the puppeteer leader called?
(b) The Upmost.
(c) The Highest.
5. What do the native people as Louis for in Chapter 12?
(a) A miracle.
(d) The flycycle.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the kzin history with humans full of?
2. Why does Teela question Louis about the mission?
3. When Louis first sees Nessus, where does he recall seeing this type of alien race previously?
4. What trait does Nessus believe Teela has?
5. What scenic display is projected on the walls of the dome?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who is Chiron and what message does he have for the travelers?
2. What does Louis think about Teela during Chapter 5?
3. What is the state of mind of the crew in Chapter 8 as they approach Ringworld?
4. What realization about Teela does Louis come to in Chapter 4?
5. How is the Kemplar rosette described in Chapter 5?
6. How do the crew members respond to their mission in Chapter 6?
7. What does Speaker try to do once aboard the Long Shot in Chapter 4?
8. What puppeteer problem and solution does Nessus share with the crew in Chapter 5?
9. How is Ringworld described in Chapter 6?
10. What information does Nessus bring back to the group when he returns in Chapter 7?
This section contains 885 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)