|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What lies between the Liar and the rim of the ring?
(a) An ocean.
(b) A rocky wasteland.
(c) Swamps and bogs.
(d) A dense forest.
2. What happens to Louis's cycle when the signal pulls them in?
(a) It turns upside down.
(b) It deflates.
(c) It shrinks.
(d) It explodes.
3. What has happened to all the translators in Chapter 17?
(a) They all start spouting off different languages.
(b) The are broken.
(c) They all self destruct.
(d) They are lost.
4. What is a bandersnatch?
(a) A fierce water beast.
(b) Another crashed ship in Ringworld.
(c) A man-eating plant.
(d) A witch doctor.
5. What happens to Prill without the tasp?
(b) She gets very hungry.
(c) She goes through withdraw.
(d) She is happy and free.
6. Why does Prill try to seduce Louis?
(a) So that they will take her with them.
(b) Because she is crazy.
(c) To get to the tasp.
(d) Because she loves him.
7. Why did the crew of Prill's ship kill the captain on their final return to Ringworld?
(a) He was a tyrant.
(b) Because he would not let them leave the ship
(c) For endangering them.
(d) Just because.
8. What is there a wire statue of in the castle?
(a) A large wolf like creature.
(b) The Ringworld.
(c) A bald man.
(d) A queen.
9. How is Speaker's state at the start of Chapter 20?
(a) He is happy.
(b) He is scared.
(c) He is angry.
(d) He is unconscious.
10. Who is the great leader who was overthrown before the city fell?
11. What was Prill using the force field for?
(a) To catch food.
(b) To keep out dangerous animals.
(c) To catch Engineers flying by.
(d) To attack the local natives.
12. What does Louis use the wire for in Chapter 24?
(a) To pull the liar to the top of the mountain.
(b) To fix the Liar.
(c) To kill Nessus.
(d) To catapult the Improbable into space.
13. What happens to Nessus when he gets stuck in a wire trap?
(a) He loses a hand.
(b) One of his heads is cut off.
(c) The crew leaves him.
(d) The natives attack him.
14. What does Speaker fly off to investigate?
(a) A gold flicker on the land below.
(b) A curious noise coming from the trees.
(c) A dark ring of smoke in the distance.
(d) A shiny break in the clouds.
15. What is the only thing that can save the crew from these burning lights?
(a) A rock or cave.
(b) Flying higher into the atmosphere.
(c) Their safety shields.
(d) Cloud cover.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do the crew members realize the eye really is?
2. Where is the tasp located?
3. What has Teela gotten the stairs in the castle to do?
4. What does Louis do when Nessus does not want to go rescue Teela?
5. Who does the crew leave in the floating castle?
This section contains 485 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)