|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How is Speaker's state at the start of Chapter 20?
(a) He is unconscious.
(b) He is scared.
(c) He is angry.
(d) He is happy.
2. What happens to Louis's cycle when the signal pulls them in?
(a) It deflates.
(b) It explodes.
(c) It shrinks.
(d) It turns upside down.
3. What does the bald woman throw at Louis while he is in the force field?
(d) A rope.
4. Why does Prill try to seduce Louis?
(a) To get to the tasp.
(b) So that they will take her with them.
(c) Because she is crazy.
(d) Because she loves him.
5. What is Seeker looking for on the Ringworld?
(a) A plant with healing powers.
(b) A new planet for his people.
(c) A lost love.
(d) The arch.
6. What would domination of others do to the kzin people?
(a) Bring them to Ringworld.
(b) Allow them to grow.
(c) Make them happy.
(d) Destroy them.
7. Why is Teela crying under a waterfall in Chapter 14?
(a) She hates Nessus.
(b) She wants to go home.
(c) She is overwhelmed with Ringworld.
(d) She is mad at Louis.
8. What does Louis what Speaker to pretend to be to trick the natives?
(a) A demon.
(c) An invader.
(d) A god.
9. How was the Fist-of-God created?
(a) Over time by atmospheric shifts.
(b) By a meteor hitting the ring.
(c) By an earthquake.
(d) By the Engineers.
10. What type of trait does Louis realize the puppeteers have tried to breed in the humans?
11. What has happened to all the translators in Chapter 17?
(a) They all start spouting off different languages.
(b) They all self destruct.
(c) They are lost.
(d) The are broken.
12. Why does Louis pretend to sell Teela to Seeker?
(a) Seeker thinks Teela belongs to Louis.
(b) Teela has asked Louis do pretend.
(c) Seeker thinks Louis is a king.
(d) Louis wants Seeker to know he loved Teela.
13. What is Louis's theory about what happened to the city's original builders?
(a) They died from bacterial epidemic.
(b) The atmosphere changed and they had to leave.
(c) They were overthrown by the poor.
(d) They left for the next planet.
14. What role does Louis seem to play in the group thus far in the story?
15. What does Louis use the disintegrator for in the beginning of Chapter 15?
(a) Attacking the sunflowers.
(b) Catching dinner.
(c) Digging a burrow.
(d) Fixing the broken flycycle.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Teela defend the puppeteers actions towards the kzin?
2. What does the priest call the floating castle?
3. What role did Halrloprillalar Hotrufan have on her ship?
4. What is a bandersnatch?
5. What does Louis find at the top of Fist-of-God?
This section contains 479 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)