|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Speaker tell Louis he needs in Chapter 20?
(b) Fresh meat.
(d) His medicine.
2. Why does Speaker promise to keep the puppeteers manipulation of the kzin a secret?
(a) Because he does not care about it really.
(b) To make Louis happy.
(c) So that he has power over the puppeteers.
(d) To avoid war.
3. What are the people who built the city and flying castle called?
(a) The Creators.
(b) The Engineers.
(c) The Ones.
(d) The First.
4. Teela get separated from the group and finds herself where before they lose communication with her?
(a) In a valley.
(b) In a dark forest.
(c) Flying over a long river.
(d) Passing over a city.
5. Why does Louis think the ship crashed on Ringworld if Teela is supernaturally lucky?
(a) Her luck was affected by the stasis.
(b) She is only lucky when she is awake.
(c) Her luck only works on Earth.
(d) She needed to be on Ringworld.
6. What is there a wire statue of in the castle?
(a) A bald man.
(b) A queen.
(c) The Ringworld.
(d) A large wolf like creature.
7. How was the Fist-of-God created?
(a) By a meteor hitting the ring.
(b) By an earthquake.
(c) By the Engineers.
(d) Over time by atmospheric shifts.
8. While searching for Teela, what happens to Speaker and Louis' bikes?
(a) They are caught in some sort of tractor beam.
(b) They are attacked by glowing bugs.
(c) The controls go haywire.
(d) They break down.
9. What is Seeker looking for on the Ringworld?
(a) The arch.
(b) A new planet for his people.
(c) A plant with healing powers.
(d) A lost love.
10. What draws the party to the floating castle?
(a) A road in the sky.
(b) A light in the distance.
(c) A flag flying in the sky.
(d) The sound of drums.
11. What has Teela gotten the stairs in the castle to do?
(a) Grow and shrink.
(b) Change color.
(d) Turn into a slide.
12. How does Louis respond to having the tasp used on him?
(a) He passes out.
(b) He becomes enslaved to Nessus.
(c) He cries.
(d) He kicks Nessus.
13. Although she is ancient, how has Prill survived all this time on Ringworld?
(a) Engineers can live forever.
(b) By eating a special fruit of Ringworld.
(c) By taking a drug to keep her young.
(d) By going into stasis.
14. What does Speaker fly off to investigate?
(a) A shiny break in the clouds.
(b) A dark ring of smoke in the distance.
(c) A gold flicker on the land below.
(d) A curious noise coming from the trees.
15. In Chapter 17, what does Nessus believe about the original inhabitants of the Ringworld?
(a) They can live on any planet.
(b) They are not true humans.
(c) They could speak any language.
(d) They could transmute matter.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the burst of burning light that hits and wounds Speaker?
2. What does Louis use the wire for in Chapter 24?
3. What warning does Louis get through his translator as he speaks with the priest?
4. What is part of Seeker's payment for Teela?
5. What is the only thing that can save the crew from these burning lights?
This section contains 573 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)