|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Teela defend the puppeteers actions towards the kzin?
(a) Because it has kept humans from becoming kzin slaves.
(b) Because she feels bad for Nessus.
(c) Because she is anit-kzin.
(d) Because she she likes to argue.
2. What draws the party to the floating castle?
(a) A light in the distance.
(b) The sound of drums.
(c) A flag flying in the sky.
(d) A road in the sky.
3. Why does the woman eventually turn off the force field?
(a) She is no longer interested in her captives.
(b) She wants Louis to come to her.
(c) Nessus has won her over.
(d) She always turns off the force field at night.
4. Who does the crew leave in the floating castle?
5. What happens when Speaker attempts to cut the wire?
(a) The wires attack him.
(b) It cannot be cut.
(c) He cuts himself.
(d) The natives attack.
6. Why does Louis pretend to sell Teela to Seeker?
(a) Louis wants Seeker to know he loved Teela.
(b) Teela has asked Louis do pretend.
(c) Seeker thinks Teela belongs to Louis.
(d) Seeker thinks Louis is a king.
7. How does Louis plan to move the Liar to where they can launch into space?
(a) By using the tasp.
(b) By towing it with the cycles.
(c) By having the natives move it.
(d) By pushing it.
8. What is the only thing that can save the crew from these burning lights?
(a) Flying higher into the atmosphere.
(b) A rock or cave.
(c) Their safety shields.
(d) Cloud cover.
9. What does Louis do when Nessus does not want to go rescue Teela?
(a) Tells him he does not have to come.
(c) Makes Nessus feel guilty until agrees to go.
(d) Threatens to kill him.
10. Where do the three stop to make plans regarding their search and rescue of Teela?
(a) A cave.
(b) The castle.
(c) A house.
(d) An abandoned warehouse.
11. Teela get separated from the group and finds herself where before they lose communication with her?
(a) Passing over a city.
(b) Flying over a long river.
(c) In a dark forest.
(d) In a valley.
12. What is the burst of burning light that hits and wounds Speaker?
(a) A ray from a ship above.
(b) A slaver sunflower.
(c) A weapon from the natives below.
(d) A beam from the sun.
13. What is Seeker looking for on the Ringworld?
(a) A new planet for his people.
(b) A lost love.
(c) A plant with healing powers.
(d) The arch.
14. What is a bandersnatch?
(a) Another crashed ship in Ringworld.
(b) A fierce water beast.
(c) A man-eating plant.
(d) A witch doctor.
15. How does Louis respond to having the tasp used on him?
(a) He kicks Nessus.
(b) He cries.
(c) He becomes enslaved to Nessus.
(d) He passes out.
Short Answer Questions
1. What makes Louis think that Teela must be dead?
2. Why does Prill try to seduce Louis?
3. Why does Nessus use the tasp on Louis?
4. What has Teela gotten the stairs in the castle to do?
5. What lies between the Liar and the rim of the ring?
This section contains 557 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)