|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. After Durster's mishap, what does Lorna Elswint ask Riddley about the dog he saw?
2. The day after his connexion, Riddley walks ahead of the work crew. Who does he meet in the path?
3. After he runs away, what does Riddley learn about the 1 Big 1 and the Master Chaynjis?
4. Where do Orfing and Riddley go to do their first show?
5. The night of Potter's mishap, where does Riddley sleep?
Short Essay Questions
1. After Riddley leaves Cambry, he heads back to Fork Stone. Describe what he finds there.
2. What do Orfing and Riddley do after Granser and Goodparley die?
3. What does Flinter RIghtway tell Orfing and Riddley when they arrive at Weaping Form to do the Punch show?
4. Describe Riddley's travels after Granser and Goodparley die.
5. After Riddley releases Lissener from the hole, he and Lissener head toward Fork Stone. Describe the story that Riddley remembers.
6. Riddley returns to Widders Dump and finds Goodparley there. Why does Riddley give Goodparley the stones?
7. Describe how Riddley feels when he gets to the Power Ring in Cambry.
8. What do Lissener and Riddley find near the sea?
9. What does Riddley do to Durster Potter and why?
10. After Riddley releases Lissener from the hole, they head toward Fork Stone. What happens when Lissener won't quit talking?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Up until Riddley goes to Fork Stoan with Lissener, Riddley has been against Goodparley's plan to bring back technology. In Chapter 13, when Riddley and Lissener see old machines nearly intact, the sight makes Riddley cry. Why do the machines cause Riddley to have such a strong reaction? What does Riddley understand about the word shynin when he sees the machines? Why does the sight of the machines help him understand what has been lost? How does his sudden understanding of Eusa, Eusa's head and the Littl Shyning Man make him want to get the shyning Power back? Why does he want to be like those who had boats in the air and picters on the wind? Why does he want to see the shyning weals turning? Why does he no longer want to be against Goodparley's plan?
Essay Topic 2
Compare the Eusa show to the Punch show. How are they different? How are they alike? Why are Orfing and Eusa doing a Punch show instead of a Eusa show? What does the change in shows indicate about the future of Riddley's world?
Essay Topic 3
Throughout the novel, there are references to Aunty. What does Aunty represent? What are different ways that characters in the novel meet Aunty? Are there any ways to successfully avoid Aunty? Are there examples of people who avoided Aunty? If so, what happened to them? Why do you think the term Aunty is used by the author?
This section contains 1,082 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)