Mid-Book Test - Hard
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Riddley share with those who come to his shelter in Chapter 7?
2. Who dies in the village the same day that the men are trying to remove the object from the hole?
3. Riddley tells a story from when he was 7 or 8. What happened to Littl Salting when Riddley was young?
4. Who is the albino at the digging?
5. How does Lorna describe the dog that Riddley killed?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happened three days after Riddley's naming day?
2. After hearing the story "Why the Dog Wont Show Its Eyes," it appears that it was not Eusa who made the 1 Big 1. In the story, who made the 1 Big 1?
3. During the wotcher, Goodparley tells Riddley that he is looking for something. What is Goodparley looking for and why?
4. After Riddley releases Lissener from the hole, he and Lissener head toward Fork Stone. Describe the story that Riddley remembers.
5. How did people treat Riddley after his father's cremation?
6. In the Goodparley/Orfing show, what does Eusa do in the "time back."
7. Why do Lissener and Riddley decide to separate?
8. Why is Riddley upset when he is working to break up the big thing that killed his father?
9. What does Riddley find in the diggings the third day he goes to them?
10. Why are the children playing Black Pack at the beginning of Chapter 3?
In the novel, things often happen in threes. Write about different times when things happen in threes. What is the significance of the number three? Are the groups of three things always bad, a mixture of good and bad, or always good?
Explore the twoness or oneness that is referred to in the novel. Lissener and Riddley travel together for awhile, but have to separate. What are some of the separations that occur throughout the novel? Consider the separation of the Littl Shynin Man and include separations that occur through death. What is the significance of the one that becomes two or how the one will always find the two? Write how these different separations affect the characters in the novel.
In Chapter 15, Riddley sees a drawing of Goodparley with the words Hoap of a Tree. Then later when Riddley finds Goodparley hung by his arms, Riddley asks if this is the Hoap of the Tree. Orfing says that it is. What is the significance of referring to Goodparley as the Hoap of the Tree? What is the Hoap of the Tree? Why is Goodparley compared to the Hoap of a Tree?
This section contains 1,125 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)