|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How did Riddley's mother die and how old was he when she died?
2. What does Lorna say happened to the air boats?
3. What was the reaction to Brooder's connexion for the Eusa story Riddley remembers from childhood?
4. What did the leader of the group that was following the narrator look like?
5. Where does Riddley get a scar?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the game the children play after Riddley kills the boar.
2. What does Flinter RIghtway tell Orfing and Riddley when they arrive at Weaping Form to do the Punch show?
3. Why does Riddley get a scar?
4. Why does Orfing call Eusa back after Eusa says the show is done?
5. What is the story "Why the Dog Wont Show Its Eyes" about?
6. What does Riddley do with the dog he kills?
7. After Riddley's father dies, what do Riddley and the other men hear coming from Widders Dump?
8. What happened three days after Riddley's naming day?
9. During the wotcher, Goodparley tells Riddley that he is looking for something. What is Goodparley looking for and why?
10. After the Goodparley/Orfing show, what do people do?
Essay Topic 1
Compare the Eusa show to the Punch show. How are they different? How are they alike? Why are Orfing and Eusa doing a Punch show instead of a Eusa show? What does the change in shows indicate about the future of Riddley's world?
Essay Topic 2
Explore the twoness or oneness that is referred to in the novel. Lissener and Riddley travel together for awhile, but have to separate. What are some of the separations that occur throughout the novel? Consider the separation of the Littl Shynin Man and include separations that occur through death. What is the significance of the one that becomes two or how the one will always find the two? Write how these different separations affect the characters in the novel.
Essay Topic 3
Both Goodparley and Orfing's group are able to create gunpowder. Compare how the two groups are able to create the gunpowder. What is the significance that in both instances someone dies? How will the creation of gunpowder affect life in Inland? Will people continue to attempt to create gunpowder? Will creating the 1 Littl 1 be likely to lead to the creation of the 1 Big 1? Why or why not? Use examples from the novel that support your position.
This section contains 2,390 words
(approx. 8 pages at 300 words per page)