|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the place that Riddley lives?
2. After he splits the atom, why doesn't Eusa know how many changes there are to come?
3. What does Lorna say that Brooder was connected to?
4. Was it really the Littl Man who took Eusa's wife?
5. After the people in Lorna's story had the 1st knowing for a while what did they begin to wonder?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the song that is sung at Brooder's cremation and what does it mean?
2. Before Riddley does his first reveal, he tells about a Eusa show when he was 7 or 8. Describe the story in that Eusa show.
3. What does Lorna talk about in her tel at Brooder's cremation?
4. Describe Riddley's first connexion.
5. In the Goodparley/Orfing show, what does Mr. Clevver do?
6. Goodparley and Orfing do a wotcher with Riddley. Describe the ritual.
7. What was the second thing that happened after Brooder died?
8. After hearing the story "Why the Dog Wont Show Its Eyes," it appears that it was not Eusa who made the 1 Big 1. In the story, who made the 1 Big 1?
9. What does Riddley do with the dog he kills?
10. What is the story "Why the Dog Wont Show Its Eyes" about?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
In Chapter 1, the reader first learns about the "Hart of the Wood." As Riddley first tells a story about the "Hart of the Wood," he mentions that the heart of the wood can mean three different things. Explain what each of these three things are using the description Riddley provides in Chapter 1. Also use other examples of the heart of the wood that are found throughout the novel. What does it mean in Chapter 15 when Riddley says that whenever he writes about the tree in the stone he will write "wud" and not "wood"?
Essay Topic 2
Throughout the novel, there are references to Aunty. What does Aunty represent? What are different ways that characters in the novel meet Aunty? Are there any ways to successfully avoid Aunty? Are there examples of people who avoided Aunty? If so, what happened to them? Why do you think the term Aunty is used by the author?
Essay Topic 3
Compare the Eusa show to the Punch show. How are they different? How are they alike? Why are Orfing and Eusa doing a Punch show instead of a Eusa show? What does the change in shows indicate about the future of Riddley's world?
This section contains 1,156 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)