Mid-Book Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Riddley share with those who come to his shelter in Chapter 7?
2. Who dies in the village the same day that the men are trying to remove the object from the hole?
3. Riddley tells a story from when he was 7 or 8. What happened to Littl Salting when Riddley was young?
4. Who is the albino at the digging?
5. How does Lorna describe the dog that Riddley killed?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happened three days after Riddley's naming day?
2. After hearing the story "Why the Dog Wont Show Its Eyes," it appears that it was not Eusa who made the 1 Big 1. In the story, who made the 1 Big 1?
3. During the wotcher, Goodparley tells Riddley that he is looking for something. What is Goodparley looking for and why?
4. After Riddley releases Lissener from the hole, he and Lissener head toward Fork Stone. Describe the story that Riddley remembers.
5. How did people treat Riddley after his father's cremation?
6. In the Goodparley/Orfing show, what does Eusa do in the "time back."
7. Why do Lissener and Riddley decide to separate?
8. Why is Riddley upset when he is working to break up the big thing that killed his father?
9. What does Riddley find in the diggings the third day he goes to them?
10. Why are the children playing Black Pack at the beginning of Chapter 3?
Essay Topic 1
Throughout the novel, there are indications that society is changing from hunting and gathering, to farming. Compare the two ways of life. Then show examples from the novel of how society is changing from foraging to farming. Which characters want this change to farming? Which characters which would prefer to continue foraging? Will the change from foraging to farming make life better for society? Why or why not? Will the introduction of gunpowder accelerate the change to farming? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 2
Write about the Eusa story. What is the Eusa story? What is it describing? Use examples from the novel where the story of Eusa is presented and explained. Why do you think there are men from the Mincery that go around telling the Eusa story? Why do you think there are connexion men to help explain the Eusa story? Do you think the story will change after all that has happened in the novel?
Essay Topic 3
Riddley often mentions the odors around him. Do these frequent references to the sense of smell make the scenes in the novel more realistic? Why or why not? List examples of times when Riddley mentions how something smells. How would you classify the scents in Riddley's world? What do the odors tell you about Riddley's world?
This section contains 1,151 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)