|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the usual procedure for getting large objects out of holes?
2. After Eusa splits the Littl Man in the written story, what do the dogs tell Eusa?
3. The day after he gets his scar, what does Riddley do?
4. What would Riddley like to do with the hide of the dog that he killed?
5. Why does Riddley have to get a scar?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the song that is sung at Brooder's cremation and what does it mean?
2. What happens in the written Eusa story after Eusa runs the numbers through the Power Ring?
3. Goodparley and Orfing show up at Widders Dump to do a show. What does Riddley say about these men?
4. What happened three days after Riddley's naming day?
5. Why are the children playing Black Pack at the beginning of Chapter 3?
6. During the wotcher, Goodparley tells Riddley that he is looking for something. What is Goodparley looking for and why?
7. At the time Riddley's father was killed, what did Riddley know about dogs killing people?
8. Goodparley and Orfing do a wotcher with Riddley. Describe the ritual.
9. What are the rituals that are followed with Brooder Walker's body?
10. How did people treat Riddley after his father's cremation?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
In the novel, things often happen in threes. Write about different times when things happen in threes. What is the significance of the number three? Are the groups of three things always bad, a mixture of good and bad, or always good?
Essay Topic 2
When Riddley releases Lissener from the hole, Lissener relates the children's game Fools Circle 9wys to himself. What is Lissener's title? What does the children's game Fools Circel 9wys have to do with Lissener? Why would Goodparley or anyone else want to put Lissener's head on a pole?
Essay Topic 3
In Chapter 15, Riddley sees a drawing of Goodparley with the words Hoap of a Tree. Then later when Riddley finds Goodparley hung by his arms, Riddley asks if this is the Hoap of the Tree. Orfing says that it is. What is the significance of referring to Goodparley as the Hoap of the Tree? What is the Hoap of the Tree? Why is Goodparley compared to the Hoap of a Tree?
This section contains 1,042 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)