|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. At the end of Lorna's story, what happens to the dog during the full moon?
2. What is Riddley thinking while he is breaking up the big thing the day after his father's death?
3. Was it really the Littl Man who took Eusa's wife?
4. Where does Riddley get a scar?
5. Who was following the narrator and his companions on the day the novel begins?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the game the children play after Riddley kills the boar.
2. After Riddley's father dies, what do Riddley and the other men hear coming from Widders Dump?
3. Describe the person that Chalker Marchman was talking to when Riddley and the crew get to the digging on their second work day.
4. In the written Eusa story, Eusa sees the Littl Shynin Man after the 1 Big 1 is released. What does the Littl Man tell Eusa?
5. Why does Riddley get a scar?
6. What is the song that is sung at Brooder's cremation and what does it mean?
7. Why are the children playing Black Pack at the beginning of Chapter 3?
8. What does Lorna tell Riddley after they freshen the Luck?
9. Before Riddley does his first reveal, he tells about a Eusa show when he was 7 or 8. Describe the story in that Eusa show.
10. Goodparley and Orfing do a wotcher with Riddley. Describe the ritual.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Both Goodparley and Orfing's group are able to create gunpowder. Compare how the two groups are able to create the gunpowder. What is the significance that in both instances someone dies? How will the creation of gunpowder affect life in Inland? Will people continue to attempt to create gunpowder? Will creating the 1 Littl 1 be likely to lead to the creation of the 1 Big 1? Why or why not? Use examples from the novel that support your position.
Essay Topic 2
In Chapter 14, Goodparley compares events in Riddley's life to the Fools Circel 9wys. How does Goodparley relate each line to something that has happened to Riddley? What put Fools Circel 9wys in the air? How does the children's game relate to Eusa? How has Goodparley been roading in that circle? Why is the game such an important part of the novel?
Essay Topic 3
Compare the Eusa show to the Punch show. How are they different? How are they alike? Why are Orfing and Eusa doing a Punch show instead of a Eusa show? What does the change in shows indicate about the future of Riddley's world?
This section contains 1,129 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)