|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. After Eusa splits the Littl Man in the written story, what do the dogs tell Eusa?
2. Who was following the narrator and his companions on the day the novel begins?
3. What time does Goodparley say is past the day after Brooder dies?
4. The day after he gets his scar, what does Riddley do?
5. What is the 1st knowing that Lorna refers to?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Orfing call Eusa back after Eusa says the show is done?
2. Why did Riddley climb the big iron thing after his father died?
3. After the Goodparley/Orfing show, what do people do?
4. In the written Eusa story, describe what happens when Eusa finds the Littl Shynin Man the Addom.
5. In the written Eusa story, Eusa sees the Littl Shynin Man after the 1 Big 1 is released. What does the Littl Man tell Eusa?
6. Goodparley and Orfing show up at Widders Dump to do a show. What does Riddley say about these men?
7. What are the rituals that are followed with Brooder Walker's body?
8. At the beginning of the novel, why do you think Riddley Walker says, "Your turn now my turn later"?
9. Describe Riddley's first connexion.
10. Why does Riddley get a scar?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Describe the Eusa folk and their role in the story. Who are the Eusa folk? How many of them are there? Why have them been preserved? What do they look like? Where do they live while the new Ardship is growing up? What do they do every twelve years? Why are they, and especially the Ardship, questioned? What knowledge does the Mincery hope they have? What knowledge do they have?
Essay Topic 2
Explore how the knowledge of how to produce gunpowder was preserved by the coal burners and the dyers. Why does it take everyone so long to realize that the coal burners and dyers have the knowledge? How does finding the yeller stones bring all the knowledge together? Now that the the knowledge is out in the open, will more and more people learn how to make gunpowder?
Essay Topic 3
Both Goodparley and Orfing's group are able to create gunpowder. Compare how the two groups are able to create the gunpowder. What is the significance that in both instances someone dies? How will the creation of gunpowder affect life in Inland? Will people continue to attempt to create gunpowder? Will creating the 1 Littl 1 be likely to lead to the creation of the 1 Big 1? Why or why not? Use examples from the novel that support your position.
This section contains 986 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)