|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Eusa finds a stag, why won't it run from him in the written Eusa story?
2. After he splits the atom, why doesn't Eusa know how many changes there are to come?
3. Who runs on Riddley's knife the day the men try to lift the object from the hole intact?
4. What does Riddley confess about his father's connexions?
5. What do the people in the narrator's story do to get what they need?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe Riddley's first connexion.
2. What happened three days after Riddley's naming day?
3. Describe the game the children play after Riddley kills the boar.
4. What happens in the written Eusa story after Eusa runs the numbers through the Power Ring?
5. Why did Riddley climb the big iron thing after his father died?
6. Goodparley and Orfing do a wotcher with Riddley. Describe the ritual.
7. Before Riddley does his first reveal, he tells about a Eusa show when he was 7 or 8. Describe the story in that Eusa show.
8. What does Lorna talk about in her tel at Brooder's cremation?
9. Why does Orfing call Eusa back after Eusa says the show is done?
10. Why are the children playing Black Pack at the beginning of Chapter 3?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Riddley becomes friendly with the Bernt Arse pack. Explore this relationship and how it began. Why do you think the old leader sacrificed himself to Riddley? Why do the dogs begin hanging around whenever Riddley is near? Does Lissener play a role in getting the dog pack and Riddley together? Why do the dogs follow Riddley all across Inland? Why do they continue to follow him in his new role with Orfing?
Essay Topic 2
Both Goodparley and Orfing's group are able to create gunpowder. Compare how the two groups are able to create the gunpowder. What is the significance that in both instances someone dies? How will the creation of gunpowder affect life in Inland? Will people continue to attempt to create gunpowder? Will creating the 1 Littl 1 be likely to lead to the creation of the 1 Big 1? Why or why not? Use examples from the novel that support your position.
Essay Topic 3
Explore how the knowledge of how to produce gunpowder was preserved by the coal burners and the dyers. Why does it take everyone so long to realize that the coal burners and dyers have the knowledge? How does finding the yeller stones bring all the knowledge together? Now that the the knowledge is out in the open, will more and more people learn how to make gunpowder?
This section contains 1,177 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)