Mid-Book Test - Hard
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Riddley share with those who come to his shelter in Chapter 7?
2. Who dies in the village the same day that the men are trying to remove the object from the hole?
3. Riddley tells a story from when he was 7 or 8. What happened to Littl Salting when Riddley was young?
4. Who is the albino at the digging?
5. How does Lorna describe the dog that Riddley killed?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happened three days after Riddley's naming day?
2. After hearing the story "Why the Dog Wont Show Its Eyes," it appears that it was not Eusa who made the 1 Big 1. In the story, who made the 1 Big 1?
3. During the wotcher, Goodparley tells Riddley that he is looking for something. What is Goodparley looking for and why?
4. After Riddley releases Lissener from the hole, he and Lissener head toward Fork Stone. Describe the story that Riddley remembers.
5. How did people treat Riddley after his father's cremation?
6. In the Goodparley/Orfing show, what does Eusa do in the "time back."
7. Why do Lissener and Riddley decide to separate?
8. Why is Riddley upset when he is working to break up the big thing that killed his father?
9. What does Riddley find in the diggings the third day he goes to them?
10. Why are the children playing Black Pack at the beginning of Chapter 3?
In Chapter 10, Riddley says that "1ce the kids start singing at you thas a cern kinyd of track youre on nor there aint to much you can do about it." Compare what Nimbel Potter sings about Riddley at the beginning of Chapter 10 and what the kid sings about Riddley when Riddley leaves Weaping Form. Does Riddley want to be on the track referred to in Chapter 10? Does he want to be on the track referred to in the last chapter? How are the two songs alike? How are they different? Did the song in Chapter 10 hint at what was to come for Riddley? Does the song in the last chapter hint at what is to come?
Compare the Eusa show to the Punch show. How are they different? How are they alike? Why are Orfing and Eusa doing a Punch show instead of a Eusa show? What does the change in shows indicate about the future of Riddley's world?
Throughout the novel, there are indications that society is changing from hunting and gathering, to farming. Compare the two ways of life. Then show examples from the novel of how society is changing from foraging to farming. Which characters want this change to farming? Which characters which would prefer to continue foraging? Will the change from foraging to farming make life better for society? Why or why not? Will the introduction of gunpowder accelerate the change to farming? Why or why not?
This section contains 1,174 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)