|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Riddley think when he first sees the Eusa puppet during the Goodparley/Orfing show?
2. When does the narrator's story in Chapter 1 take place?
3. What three things does Lorna talk about on the evening Riddley's father died?
4. What happened three days after Riddley's naming day?
5. Was it really the Littl Man who took Eusa's wife?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the person that Chalker Marchman was talking to when Riddley and the crew get to the digging on their second work day.
2. Why is Riddley upset when he is working to break up the big thing that killed his father?
3. At the time Riddley's father was killed, what did Riddley know about dogs killing people?
4. Describe what happens in the story, "Hart of the Wood" that Riddley tells.
5. What was the second thing that happened after Brooder died?
6. Why does Orfing call Eusa back after Eusa says the show is done?
7. What did Riddley's father used to say about looking for a reveal?
8. What is the story "Why the Dog Wont Show Its Eyes" about?
9. Why did Riddley climb the big iron thing after his father died?
10. After the Goodparley/Orfing show, what do people do?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Write about the Eusa story. What is the Eusa story? What is it describing? Use examples from the novel where the story of Eusa is presented and explained. Why do you think there are men from the Mincery that go around telling the Eusa story? Why do you think there are connexion men to help explain the Eusa story? Do you think the story will change after all that has happened in the novel?
Essay Topic 2
In Chapter 10, Riddley says that "1ce the kids start singing at you thas a cern kinyd of track youre on nor there aint to much you can do about it." Compare what Nimbel Potter sings about Riddley at the beginning of Chapter 10 and what the kid sings about Riddley when Riddley leaves Weaping Form. Does Riddley want to be on the track referred to in Chapter 10? Does he want to be on the track referred to in the last chapter? How are the two songs alike? How are they different? Did the song in Chapter 10 hint at what was to come for Riddley? Does the song in the last chapter hint at what is to come?
Essay Topic 3
Explore the twoness or oneness that is referred to in the novel. Lissener and Riddley travel together for awhile, but have to separate. What are some of the separations that occur throughout the novel? Consider the separation of the Littl Shynin Man and include separations that occur through death. What is the significance of the one that becomes two or how the one will always find the two? Write how these different separations affect the characters in the novel.
This section contains 1,174 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)