|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Riddley confess about his father's connexions?
2. Why is the albino at the digging?
3. How are Eusa shows traditionally introduced?
4. What did the people of the village sing around the fire on the evening Brooder Walker died?
5. What story does the narrator tell in Chapter 1?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the game the children play after Riddley kills the boar.
2. After Riddley's father dies, what do Riddley and the other men hear coming from Widders Dump?
3. What does Lorna tell Riddley after they freshen the Luck?
4. In the written Eusa story, describe what happens when Eusa finds the Littl Shynin Man the Addom.
5. What happens in the written Eusa story after Eusa runs the numbers through the Power Ring?
6. At the time Riddley's father was killed, what did Riddley know about dogs killing people?
7. What does Riddley do with the dog he kills?
8. Why does Orfing call Eusa back after Eusa says the show is done?
9. What are the rituals that are followed with Brooder Walker's body?
10. Why did Riddley climb the big iron thing after his father died?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Compare the Eusa show to the Punch show. How are they different? How are they alike? Why are Orfing and Eusa doing a Punch show instead of a Eusa show? What does the change in shows indicate about the future of Riddley's world?
Essay Topic 2
Riddley often mentions the odors around him. Do these frequent references to the sense of smell make the scenes in the novel more realistic? Why or why not? List examples of times when Riddley mentions how something smells. How would you classify the scents in Riddley's world? What do the odors tell you about Riddley's world?
Essay Topic 3
When Riddley releases Lissener from the hole, Lissener relates the children's game Fools Circle 9wys to himself. What is Lissener's title? What does the children's game Fools Circel 9wys have to do with Lissener? Why would Goodparley or anyone else want to put Lissener's head on a pole?
This section contains 954 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)