|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. After Eusa splits the Littl Man in the written story, what do the dogs tell Eusa?
2. What does Lorna say happened to the air boats?
3. Who runs on Riddley's knife the day the men try to lift the object from the hole intact?
4. How did Riddley's mother die and how old was he when she died?
5. In the written Eusa story, who was the Big Man?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why are the children playing Black Pack at the beginning of Chapter 3?
2. At the time Riddley's father was killed, what did Riddley know about dogs killing people?
3. Before Riddley does his first reveal, he tells about a Eusa show when he was 7 or 8. Describe the story in that Eusa show.
4. After hearing the story "Why the Dog Wont Show Its Eyes," it appears that it was not Eusa who made the 1 Big 1. In the story, who made the 1 Big 1?
5. What happens in the written Eusa story after Eusa runs the numbers through the Power Ring?
6. Why is Riddley upset when he is working to break up the big thing that killed his father?
7. What are the rituals that are followed with Brooder Walker's body?
8. In the Goodparley/Orfing show, what does Mr. Clevver do?
9. At the beginning of the novel, why do you think Riddley Walker says, "Your turn now my turn later"?
10. In the written Eusa story, Eusa sees the Littl Shynin Man after the 1 Big 1 is released. What does the Littl Man tell Eusa?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
In Chapter 10, Riddley says that "1ce the kids start singing at you thas a cern kinyd of track youre on nor there aint to much you can do about it." Compare what Nimbel Potter sings about Riddley at the beginning of Chapter 10 and what the kid sings about Riddley when Riddley leaves Weaping Form. Does Riddley want to be on the track referred to in Chapter 10? Does he want to be on the track referred to in the last chapter? How are the two songs alike? How are they different? Did the song in Chapter 10 hint at what was to come for Riddley? Does the song in the last chapter hint at what is to come?
Essay Topic 2
When Riddley releases Lissener from the hole, Lissener relates the children's game Fools Circle 9wys to himself. What is Lissener's title? What does the children's game Fools Circel 9wys have to do with Lissener? Why would Goodparley or anyone else want to put Lissener's head on a pole?
Essay Topic 3
Riddley goes through many changes in the novel. Explore each change. How does each change affect his life? How does each change affect his thinking? What changes will Riddley see in the future? Would you consider Riddley to be more mature at the end of the novel than he was at the beginning?
This section contains 1,191 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)