|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who are the characters in the story Riddley remembers from his 7th or 8th year?
2. Why does Riddley begin to tell the Eusa story from the time he was 7 or 8?
3. How old is the albino?
4. When does the narrator's story in Chapter 1 take place?
5. Why does Riddley have to get a scar?
Short Essay Questions
1. What was the second thing that happened after Brooder died?
2. In the Goodparley/Orfing show, what does Mr. Clevver do?
3. Describe Riddley's first connexion.
4. What happened three days after Riddley's naming day?
5. What does Lorna tell Riddley after they freshen the Luck?
6. During the wotcher, Goodparley tells Riddley that he is looking for something. What is Goodparley looking for and why?
7. What are the rituals that are followed with Brooder Walker's body?
8. Goodparley and Orfing do a wotcher with Riddley. Describe the ritual.
9. Goodparley and Orfing show up at Widders Dump to do a show. What does Riddley say about these men?
10. Before Riddley does his first reveal, he tells about a Eusa show when he was 7 or 8. Describe the story in that Eusa show.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
In Chapter 15, Riddley sees a drawing of Goodparley with the words Hoap of a Tree. Then later when Riddley finds Goodparley hung by his arms, Riddley asks if this is the Hoap of the Tree. Orfing says that it is. What is the significance of referring to Goodparley as the Hoap of the Tree? What is the Hoap of the Tree? Why is Goodparley compared to the Hoap of a Tree?
Essay Topic 2
Both Goodparley and Orfing's group are able to create gunpowder. Compare how the two groups are able to create the gunpowder. What is the significance that in both instances someone dies? How will the creation of gunpowder affect life in Inland? Will people continue to attempt to create gunpowder? Will creating the 1 Littl 1 be likely to lead to the creation of the 1 Big 1? Why or why not? Use examples from the novel that support your position.
Essay Topic 3
In Chapter 14, Goodparley compares events in Riddley's life to the Fools Circel 9wys. How does Goodparley relate each line to something that has happened to Riddley? What put Fools Circel 9wys in the air? How does the children's game relate to Eusa? How has Goodparley been roading in that circle? Why is the game such an important part of the novel?
This section contains 1,108 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)