|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What position will Riddley hold in his village now that his father is dead?
2. What is the 1st knowing that Lorna refers to?
3. What is the name of the place that Riddley lives?
4. Who yelled "Fall! Fall! Fall!" while the men were trying to pull the large object out of the hole intact?
5. What happens to the three people in the narrator's story?
Short Essay Questions
1. Goodparley and Orfing do a wotcher with Riddley. Describe the ritual.
2. What happened three days after Riddley's naming day?
3. After hearing the story "Why the Dog Wont Show Its Eyes," it appears that it was not Eusa who made the 1 Big 1. In the story, who made the 1 Big 1?
4. Describe Riddley's first connexion.
5. In the Goodparley/Orfing show, what does Eusa do in the "time back."
6. Why does Riddley get a scar?
7. Why is Riddley upset when he is working to break up the big thing that killed his father?
8. In the written Eusa story, Eusa sees the Littl Shynin Man after the 1 Big 1 is released. What does the Littl Man tell Eusa?
9. Describe the person that Chalker Marchman was talking to when Riddley and the crew get to the digging on their second work day.
10. What was the second thing that happened after Brooder died?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Write about the Eusa story. What is the Eusa story? What is it describing? Use examples from the novel where the story of Eusa is presented and explained. Why do you think there are men from the Mincery that go around telling the Eusa story? Why do you think there are connexion men to help explain the Eusa story? Do you think the story will change after all that has happened in the novel?
Essay Topic 2
Describe the Eusa folk and their role in the story. Who are the Eusa folk? How many of them are there? Why have them been preserved? What do they look like? Where do they live while the new Ardship is growing up? What do they do every twelve years? Why are they, and especially the Ardship, questioned? What knowledge does the Mincery hope they have? What knowledge do they have?
Essay Topic 3
In Chapter 15, Riddley sees a drawing of Goodparley with the words Hoap of a Tree. Then later when Riddley finds Goodparley hung by his arms, Riddley asks if this is the Hoap of the Tree. Orfing says that it is. What is the significance of referring to Goodparley as the Hoap of the Tree? What is the Hoap of the Tree? Why is Goodparley compared to the Hoap of a Tree?
This section contains 1,099 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)