|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After the fire, what does Riddley accuse Lorna of doing?
(a) Of taking his food;
(b) Of putting something on him.
(c) Of killing the baby.
(d) Of stealing the dog's hide.
2. What does Lorna say that Brooder was connected to?
(a) The people of Widders Dump.
(b) His work.
(c) A shovel, leaver poal and digging up Bad Time.
(d) His son, his village, and his friends.
3. What position will Riddley hold in his village now that his father is dead?
(a) Tribe leader.
(b) The nindicater.
(c) Connexion man.
(d) Witch doctor.
4. What is Eusa's project in the Goodparley/Orfing show?
(a) Good Time.
(b) Create an air ship.
(c) 1 Big 1.
(d) Make a new head.
5. The day after he gets his scar, what does Riddley do?
(a) Dig in his head for his connexion.
(b) Slept all day.
(c) Went to Widders Dump.
(d) Went to work.
6. What is the first thing the narrator does in Chapter 1?
(a) Kills a deer.
(b) Talks to an old woman.
(c) Goes for a walk.
(d) Kills a wild boar.
7. Why is the albino at the digging?
(a) He came to put on a Eusa show.
(b) He needed timber cut for a project he was building at Widders Dump.
(c) He wanted to be sure the big thing was broken up properly.
(d) He came to pay his respects to Riddley.
8. Where does Riddley get a scar?
(a) His belly.
(b) His back.
(c) His arm.
(d) His forehead.
9. What does Riddley confess about his father's connexions?
(a) Riddley thought he could do better connexions than his father did.
(b) His father always wrote out his connexions.
(c) He didn't like his father's connexions.
(d) They weren't anything special.
10. The night after Riddley gets his scar, who does the asking with Riddley?
(a) Lorna Elswint.
(c) Straiter Empy.
11. What does Riddley share with those who come to his shelter in Chapter 7?
12. Why couldn't the people in Lorna's story get any rest after they obtained the 2nd knowledge?
(a) They were always counting.
(b) They were always reading books.
(c) They were always harvesting crops.
(d) They were always fishing.
13. When does the narrator's story in Chapter 1 take place?
(a) Three days before the novel begins.
(b) The day the narrator was born.
(c) After the bad time.
(d) Before the bad time.
14. In the Goodparley/Orfing Eusa show, what part of his body does Eusa say is missing?
(a) His hands.
(b) His arm.
(c) His head.
(d) His leg.
15. Was it really the Littl Man who took Eusa's wife?
(a) No one knows.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the reaction to Brooder's connexion for the Eusa story Riddley remembers from childhood?
2. After Goodparley and Orfing finish the show, what does Durster Potter say to Riddley?
3. In the written Eusa story, what happened when there was knowledge and Eusa was working for Mr. Clevver?
4. What are the children doing the night after the burning?
5. What happens to the three people in the narrator's story?
This section contains 595 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)