|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the first thing Riddley talked about when he began his reveal?
(a) The black cloth with smoke and flames behind Eusa.
(b) Eusa's head.
(c) Littl Shyning Man.
(d) Mr. Clevver.
2. The night after Riddley gets his scar, who does the asking with Riddley?
(a) Straiter Empy.
(c) Lorna Elswint.
3. What reason does Lorna give for the baby's death?
(a) The baby's mother was sick.
(b) The people were not only farming, but digging up iron from the Bad Time.
(c) The baby had a bad cold.
(d) The baby was killed by a wild dog.
4. How did Riddley's mother die and how old was he when she died?
(a) She died of coughing sickness when he was 5.
(b) She died in a fire when he was 5.
(c) She died from drowning when he was 8.
(d) She died in childbirth when he was born.
5. What did Riddley say as the villagers stood around the fire the evening his father died?
(a) He talked about how he would miss his father.
(b) He said he wished that his father had seen him kill the dog.
(c) He thanked everyone for the things they said about his father.
(d) He did not say anything.
6. When does the narrator's story in Chapter 1 take place?
(a) Three days before the novel begins.
(b) After the bad time.
(c) Before the bad time.
(d) The day the narrator was born.
7. Who is the albino at the digging?
(a) Belnost Phist from the Mincery.
(b) An old friend of Brooder Walker.
8. Was it really the Littl Man who took Eusa's wife?
(a) No one knows.
9. After the fire, what does Riddley accuse Lorna of doing?
(a) Of stealing the dog's hide.
(b) Of putting something on him.
(c) Of killing the baby.
(d) Of taking his food;
10. On the day the men try to lift the object from the hole intact, what three things does Riddley try to connect?
(a) Lorna's tel, the death of his father, and the death of the baby.
(b) The deaths of his father, the baby, and the dog.
(c) The deaths of his father, mother, and grandfather.
(d) The crow, the baby, and the dog.
11. How old is the narrator of the story?
(a) He is eighteen today.
(b) He is sixteen years old.
(c) He is twelve years old.
(d) He is twenty-one today.
12. What is the weather like the night after the burning?
(a) Clear, but cold.
(c) Clear, but warm.
13. How many more changes will there be after the atom is split in the written Eusa story?
(a) Five move.
(b) No one knows.
(c) As many as are required.
(d) Hundreds of changes.
14. Where did the people of the village put the head of the dog that Riddley killed?
(a) They threw him into the woods.
(b) On a spike outside the village fence.
(c) They buried the dog.
(d) On a pole on top of the gate house.
15. Who dies in the village the same day that the men are trying to remove the object from the hole?
(a) Riddley's mother.
(b) Lorna Elswint.
(c) The leader of the Bernt Arse pack.
(d) A baby.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who follows Riddley and the other men to Widders Dump the day after his father's death?
2. After splitting the atom, Eusa continues to see the Littl Man. How can Eusa get away from the Littl Man?
3. What does Lorna say that Brooder was connected to?
4. Who do the narrator and his companions pass as they walk by with their prize on the first day of the novel?
5. Why couldn't the people in Lorna's story get any rest after they obtained the 2nd knowledge?
This section contains 661 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)