|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the first thing the narrator does in Chapter 1?
(a) Kills a wild boar.
(b) Kills a deer.
(c) Goes for a walk.
(d) Talks to an old woman.
2. How many more changes will there be after the atom is split in the written Eusa story?
(a) No one knows.
(b) Five move.
(c) As many as are required.
(d) Hundreds of changes.
3. Why was everyone left hanging when Riddley did his first connexion?
(a) The people of Hows Fent would not let him talk.
(b) Riddley did not have a good connexion.
(c) Riddley went into a trance.
(d) Riddley was too nervous to speak.
4. Who follows Riddley and the other men to Widders Dump the day after his father's death?
(a) Lorna Elswint.
(b) Rockman Bessup.
(c) The children from How Fents.
(d) Bernt Arse Pack.
5. Who yelled "Fall! Fall! Fall!" while the men were trying to pull the large object out of the hole intact?
(a) Chalker Marchman.
(b) A crow.
(d) Brooder Walker.
6. What does Eusa claim in the Goodparley/Eusa show?
(a) That he split the Littl Man.
(b) That he did not drop bombs.
(c) That he killed Mr. Clevver.
(d) That he never had the knowledge.
7. What does Lorna say bonfires were used for?
(a) To keep everyone warm.
(b) To celebrate a good harvest.
(c) To call back those who left in the air ships to fetch the people left behind.
(d) To keep away wild dogs.
8. What do the people need in the story the narrator tells in Chapter 1?
9. Who says that the Littl Shyning can be put back together the night after Brooder dies?
(c) Belnot Phist.
10. The day after he gets his scar, what does Riddley do?
(a) Dig in his head for his connexion.
(b) Slept all day.
(c) Went to work.
(d) Went to Widders Dump.
11. What is the weather like the night after the burning?
(b) Clear, but warm.
(d) Clear, but cold.
12. Why has a large traveling party come to Widders Dump?
(a) To inspect the digging.
(b) To help with a building project at Widders Dump.
(c) To help break up the big thing.
(d) To do a Eusa show.
13. In the written Eusa story, was Eusa able to keep his sons with him?
(a) No, they died.
(b) No, they followed the Littl Man.
(c) Yes, they built a home together.
(d) Yes, after they were reunited with their mother.
14. Why does Riddley go outside after the Goodparley/ Orfing Eusa show?
(a) He was hot and wanted to cool off.
(b) One of the kids was acting up and Riddley took him outside.
(c) He wanted to talk to Lorna Elswint.
(d) He wanted his own silence.
15. Why is the fire made on the night Brooder dies?
(a) To stay warm.
(b) To cremate Brooder Walker.
(c) To cremate the dead baby.
(d) To burn the dog that Riddley killed.
Short Answer Questions
1. Was it really the Littl Man who took Eusa's wife?
2. How is the Eusa story different than usual in the Goodparley/Orfing show?
3. Who are the characters in the story Riddley remembers from his 7th or 8th year?
4. How old was Riddley's father when he died?
5. What does Riddley confess about his father's connexions?
This section contains 602 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)