|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the first thing Riddley talked about when he began his reveal?
(a) Littl Shyning Man.
(b) The black cloth with smoke and flames behind Eusa.
(c) Mr. Clevver.
(d) Eusa's head.
2. What happened three days after Riddley's naming day?
(a) Riddley's father dies.
(b) Riddley's mother dies.
(c) Riddley runs away from home.
(d) Riddley goes to work with the chard coal burners.
3. What story does the narrator tell in Chapter 1?
(a) His birth story.
(b) The story of his mother's death.
(c) The Eusa story.
(d) The Hart of the Wood.
4. Who runs on Riddley's knife the day the men try to lift the object from the hole intact?
(a) Riddley's father.
(b) The Hart of the Wood.
(c) Lorna Elswint.
(d) The leader of the Bernt Arse pack.
5. in Lorna's story, how did the man and woman's lives change after they got the 1st knowing?
(a) They made tents and wandered even more than they had before.
(b) They stopped wandering, settled down, raised animals, and grew crops.
(c) They foraged with the dog.
(d) They built a large boat.
6. What does Eusa claim in the Goodparley/Eusa show?
(a) That he never had the knowledge.
(b) That he split the Littl Man.
(c) That he did not drop bombs.
(d) That he killed Mr. Clevver.
7. Who comes for the wotcher, the night after the burning?
(a) Belnot Phist.
(b) Goodparley, Orfing and 2 hevvys.
(c) Lorna Elswint.
(d) All the people from Hows Fent.
8. What happened when the people in Lorna's story put in the 1 Big 1?
(a) Eternal daylight.
(c) The machine quit working.
(d) A flash of light and then endless night.
9. What does Lorna say that Brooder was connected to?
(a) The people of Widders Dump.
(b) His work.
(c) His son, his village, and his friends.
(d) A shovel, leaver poal and digging up Bad Time.
10. What does Goodparley want Riddley to tell after they share the wotcher?
(a) The story of how his father died.
(b) The story of killing the boar.
(c) Eusa 31.
(d) The story Lorna told Riddley.
11. Why does Riddley go outside after the Goodparley/ Orfing Eusa show?
(a) One of the kids was acting up and Riddley took him outside.
(b) He was hot and wanted to cool off.
(c) He wanted to talk to Lorna Elswint.
(d) He wanted his own silence.
12. How old is the albino?
13. What does Lorna say bonfires were used for?
(a) To keep everyone warm.
(b) To celebrate a good harvest.
(c) To keep away wild dogs.
(d) To call back those who left in the air ships to fetch the people left behind.
14. What did the people of the village sing around the fire on the evening Brooder Walker died?
(a) Ode to Master Chaynjis.
(b) Savering Gallack Seas.
(c) They didn't sing, they were too sad.
(d) An unkown funeral dirge.
15. Who is the albino at the digging?
(a) An old friend of Brooder Walker.
(d) Belnost Phist from the Mincery.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who yelled "Fall! Fall! Fall!" while the men were trying to pull the large object out of the hole intact?
2. Why do the villagers join hands around a fire?
3. At the digging why didn't the "littl witey bloak" want the girt big thing?
4. What is the first thing the narrator does in Chapter 1?
5. Who dies in the village the same day that the men are trying to remove the object from the hole?
This section contains 618 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)