|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did the people of the village sing around the fire on the evening Brooder Walker died?
(a) An unkown funeral dirge.
(b) They didn't sing, they were too sad.
(c) Ode to Master Chaynjis.
(d) Savering Gallack Seas.
2. What reason does Lorna give for the baby's death?
(a) The baby's mother was sick.
(b) The people were not only farming, but digging up iron from the Bad Time.
(c) The baby was killed by a wild dog.
(d) The baby had a bad cold.
3. What huge traveling party arrives at Widders Dump the day after Brooder dies?
(a) Abel Goodparley and Erny Orfing, the Pry Mincer and Wes Mincer.
(b) Belnot Phist and Chalker Marchman.
(c) Straiter Empy.
(d) Mr. Clevvers.
4. In the written Eusa story, was Eusa able to keep his sons with him?
(a) Yes, they built a home together.
(b) No, they followed the Littl Man.
(c) No, they died.
(d) Yes, after they were reunited with their mother.
5. After splitting the atom, Eusa continues to see the Littl Man. How can Eusa get away from the Littl Man?
(a) By running.
(b) By getting on a ship.
(c) He can't get away from the Littl Man.
(d) By dying.
6. What is the 1st knowing that Lorna refers to?
(a) They learned cleverness.
(b) They knew the night.
(c) They knew how to use the dog to help them.
(d) They knew the day.
7. What happened when the man and woman in Lorna's story looked into the eyes of a goat?
(a) They got cleverness.
(b) They couldn not build fire any more.
(c) They lost the dog.
(d) They had children.
8. What would Riddley like to do with the hide of the dog that he killed?
(a) Burn it.
(b) Give it to Lorna.
(c) Make a hood with the dog's teeth all around it.
(d) Make it into a coat.
9. Was it really the Littl Man who took Eusa's wife?
(d) No one knows.
10. Who dies in the village the same day that the men are trying to remove the object from the hole?
(a) Lorna Elswint.
(b) A baby.
(c) The leader of the Bernt Arse pack.
(d) Riddley's mother.
11. Who do the narrator and his companions pass as they walk by with their prize on the first day of the novel?
(a) A man, woman, and child.
(b) The Hart of the Wood.
(c) A clever looking bloke.
(d) The chard coal burners.
12. What is Eusa's project in the Goodparley/Orfing show?
(a) Create an air ship.
(b) Good Time.
(c) Make a new head.
(d) 1 Big 1.
13. What is the weather like the night after the burning?
(b) Clear, but warm.
(d) Clear, but cold.
14. On the day the men try to lift the object from the hole intact, what three things does Riddley try to connect?
(a) The deaths of his father, the baby, and the dog.
(b) Lorna's tel, the death of his father, and the death of the baby.
(c) The crow, the baby, and the dog.
(d) The deaths of his father, mother, and grandfather.
15. What happens to the three people in the narrator's story?
(a) They freeze to death.
(b) The child is killed and eaten and the parents are burned by fire.
(c) The child is killed and eaten and the parents leave the next morning.
(d) They are struck by lighting.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Riddley go to get his scar?
2. in Lorna's story, how did the man and woman's lives change after they got the 1st knowing?
3. Why does Riddley begin to tell the Eusa story from the time he was 7 or 8?
4. How does Lorna describe the dog that Riddley killed?
5. What happened when the people in Lorna's story put in the 1 Big 1?
This section contains 672 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)