|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happened to Eusa's wife after he split the atom?
(a) Men on a boat took her.
(b) She died.
(c) Mr. Clevver killed her.
(d) She left him.
2. Who runs on Riddley's knife the day the men try to lift the object from the hole intact?
(a) Riddley's father.
(b) The leader of the Bernt Arse pack.
(c) The Hart of the Wood.
(d) Lorna Elswint.
3. Why was everyone left hanging when Riddley did his first connexion?
(a) Riddley went into a trance.
(b) Riddley did not have a good connexion.
(c) The people of Hows Fent would not let him talk.
(d) Riddley was too nervous to speak.
4. What is the usual procedure for getting large objects out of holes?
(a) If the object was really large, they simply had to leave it in the hole.
(b) Men would get in the hole with pick axes and break the object apart.
(c) Drop large rocks from a crane and break the object into pieces.
(d) Lift the object out using all the strong men on the work crew.
5. What did Riddley say as the villagers stood around the fire the evening his father died?
(a) He said he wished that his father had seen him kill the dog.
(b) He did not say anything.
(c) He thanked everyone for the things they said about his father.
(d) He talked about how he would miss his father.
6. Who follows Riddley and the other men to Widders Dump the day after his father's death?
(a) The children from How Fents.
(b) Rockman Bessup.
(c) Bernt Arse Pack.
(d) Lorna Elswint.
7. What does Lorna say bonfires were used for?
(a) To keep away wild dogs.
(b) To celebrate a good harvest.
(c) To keep everyone warm.
(d) To call back those who left in the air ships to fetch the people left behind.
8. When Lorna finishes her story, who does Riddley say he always thought was responsible for the 1 Big 1?
(c) The devil.
(d) Master Chaynjis.
9. What is the name of the place that Riddley lives?
(a) How Fents.
(c) Bundel Downs.
(d) Bernt Arse.
10. What color are Eusa's eyes in the Goodparley/Orfing show?
(d) He doesn't have eyes, just holes where eyes should be.
11. After the fire, what does Riddley accuse Lorna of doing?
(a) Of putting something on him.
(b) Of taking his food;
(c) Of stealing the dog's hide.
(d) Of killing the baby.
12. What three things does Lorna talk about on the evening Riddley's father died?
(a) Three villages that are threatened by wild dogs.
(b) Three stories about Master Chaynjis.
(c) Three stories about Eusa.
(d) Brooder's death, the baby's death, and the dog's death.
13. What have the little kids been doing while Riddley was scared?
(a) Creeping in and out of the fit.
(b) Singing in the rain.
(c) Eating their dinners.
(d) Getting ready for bed.
14. What time does Goodparley say is past the day after Brooder dies?
(a) Time for connexions.
(b) Time for the Eusa story.
(c) Time for farming.
(d) Time for foraging.
15. When does the narrator's story in Chapter 1 take place?
(a) Three days before the novel begins.
(b) After the bad time.
(c) The day the narrator was born.
(d) Before the bad time.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens to the three people in the narrator's story?
2. How old is the narrator of the story?
3. The day after he gets his scar, what does Riddley do?
4. Who was at the digging in Chapter 5 when Riddley arrived?
5. Why has a large traveling party come to Widders Dump?
This section contains 655 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)