|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why do the villagers join hands around a fire?
(a) To talk about Brooder's life.
(b) To pray for protection from bad luck.
(c) To celebrate the killing of the dog.
(d) To pray for a good harvest.
2. What huge traveling party arrives at Widders Dump the day after Brooder dies?
(a) Mr. Clevvers.
(b) Belnot Phist and Chalker Marchman.
(c) Abel Goodparley and Erny Orfing, the Pry Mincer and Wes Mincer.
(d) Straiter Empy.
3. After the fire, how does everyone look at Riddley?
(a) They call him names.
(b) They make him leave How Fents.
(c) They shun him.
(d) Differently, winking, dodging their heads, or giving him the thumbs up.
4. In the Goodparley/Orfing Eusa show, what part of his body does Eusa say is missing?
(a) His head.
(b) His arm.
(c) His leg.
(d) His hands.
5. How old is the albino?
6. What time does Goodparley say is past the day after Brooder dies?
(a) Time for farming.
(b) Time for foraging.
(c) Time for the Eusa story.
(d) Time for connexions.
7. What is the 1st knowing that Lorna refers to?
(a) They learned cleverness.
(b) They knew the day.
(c) They knew the night.
(d) They knew how to use the dog to help them.
8. Who was following the narrator and his companions on the day the novel begins?
(a) The leader of the Bernt Arse pack.
(b) The narrator's father.
(c) The chard coal burners.
(d) The narrator's best friend.
9. What is Eusa's project in the Goodparley/Orfing show?
(a) Create an air ship.
(b) Make a new head.
(c) Good Time.
(d) 1 Big 1.
10. What are the children doing the night after the burning?
(a) Listening to Lorna tell a story.
(b) Singing and playing in the puddles.
(c) Playing ball.
11. What was the reaction to Brooder's connexion for the Eusa story Riddley remembers from childhood?
(a) The group moved from Crippel the Farn and came to How Fents.
(b) Some people wanted a new connexion man.
(c) Some people left the community.
(d) Goodparley and Orfing came back.
12. How old was Riddley's father when he died?
(a) Twenty-nine years old.
(b) Thirty-nine years old.
(c) Fifty-two years old.
(d) Thirty-three years old.
13. Who are the characters in the story Riddley remembers from his 7th or 8th year?
(a) Eusa and Mr. Clevver.
(b) Eusa, salting bloak, Littl Shyning Man, and Mr. Clevver.
(c) Folleree and Folleroo.
(d) Punch and Pooty.
14. In the written Eusa story, was Eusa able to keep his sons with him?
(a) Yes, after they were reunited with their mother.
(b) No, they followed the Littl Man.
(c) No, they died.
(d) Yes, they built a home together.
15. What story does Lorna tell the same day that Riddley's father died?
(a) Why the Dog Kills People.
(b) Why the Dog Hates People.
(c) Why the Dog Won't Show It's Eyes.
(d) Why the Dog Hates Night.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did the people of the village sing around the fire on the evening Brooder Walker died?
2. How are Eusa shows traditionally introduced?
3. The day after he gets his scar, what does Riddley do?
4. What does Goodparley want Riddley to tell after they share the wotcher?
5. Riddley tells a story from when he was 7 or 8. What happened to Littl Salting when Riddley was young?
This section contains 595 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)