|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Lorna say happened to the air boats?
(a) They were destroyed in the 1 Big 1.
(b) They got to space stations and the people on them died.
(c) They ran out of fuel after the 1 Big 1.
(d) People sabotaged them.
2. What happened when the object fell that the men were trying to get out of the hole intact?
(a) A man broke his back.
(b) One of the men broke his leg.
(c) Riddley broke his arm.
(d) Riddley's father died.
3. What does Riddley think after the Eusa show ends on the night he is scarred?
(a) This was the best Eusa show he had ever seen.
(b) That Eusa did drop the bombs.
(c) This Eusa show was his first as connexion man.
(d) This Eusa show did not tell the true story.
4. When does the narrator's story in Chapter 1 take place?
(a) The day the narrator was born.
(b) Three days before the novel begins.
(c) After the bad time.
(d) Before the bad time.
5. After Goodparley and Orfing finish the show, what does Durster Potter say to Riddley?
(a) That Goodparley and Orfing wanted to talk with Riddley.
(b) That he needed to go back in to talk with Lorna.
(d) Wouldn't want to be out this night on the other side of the fence.
6. What is Eusa's project in the Goodparley/Orfing show?
(a) Make a new head.
(b) 1 Big 1.
(c) Good Time.
(d) Create an air ship.
7. Why was everyone left hanging when Riddley did his first connexion?
(a) Riddley went into a trance.
(b) The people of Hows Fent would not let him talk.
(c) Riddley did not have a good connexion.
(d) Riddley was too nervous to speak.
8. What did Chalker Marchman want done with the big thing that killed Riddley's father?
(a) Try to lift it out of the hole.
(b) That it be left alone.
(c) Have it buried.
(d) Break it up and melt it down.
9. Who says that the Littl Shyning can be put back together the night after Brooder dies?
(c) Belnot Phist.
10. What is the 1st knowing that Lorna refers to?
(a) They knew the day.
(b) They knew the night.
(c) They knew how to use the dog to help them.
(d) They learned cleverness.
11. Who is the albino at the digging?
(c) An old friend of Brooder Walker.
(d) Belnost Phist from the Mincery.
12. What is the narrator's name?
(a) Brooder Walker.
(b) Reckman Bessup.
(c) Fister Crunchman.
(d) Riddley Walker.
13. Which of the Eusa showmen is said to be one who interprets things?
(d) Belnot Phist.
14. Why couldn't the people in Lorna's story get any rest after they obtained the 2nd knowledge?
(a) They were always reading books.
(b) They were always counting.
(c) They were always harvesting crops.
(d) They were always fishing.
15. What have the little kids been doing while Riddley was scared?
(a) Singing in the rain.
(b) Creeping in and out of the fit.
(c) Eating their dinners.
(d) Getting ready for bed.
Short Answer Questions
1. What huge traveling party arrives at Widders Dump the day after Brooder dies?
2. In the written Eusa story, who was the Big Man?
3. The night after Riddley gets his scar, who does the asking with Riddley?
4. Why does Riddley go outside after the Goodparley/ Orfing Eusa show?
5. What story does the narrator tell in Chapter 1?
This section contains 599 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)