|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Riddley begin to tell the Eusa story from the time he was 7 or 8?
(a) To talk about Littl Salting.
(b) To show his dad's style.
(c) The people of Hows Fent asked him to.
(d) To compare Eusa stories.
2. What do the people in the narrator's story do to get what they need?
(a) Give their child to be killed.
(b) Search for flint and tinder.
(c) Pay gold coins.
(d) Kill a wild boar.
3. What does Eusa claim in the Goodparley/Eusa show?
(a) That he did not drop bombs.
(b) That he never had the knowledge.
(c) That he split the Littl Man.
(d) That he killed Mr. Clevver.
4. Who do the narrator and his companions pass as they walk by with their prize on the first day of the novel?
(a) The chard coal burners.
(b) A man, woman, and child.
(c) A clever looking bloke.
(d) The Hart of the Wood.
5. Why is the fire made on the night Brooder dies?
(a) To burn the dog that Riddley killed.
(b) To stay warm.
(c) To cremate the dead baby.
(d) To cremate Brooder Walker.
6. In the written Eusa story, what happened when there was knowledge and Eusa was working for Mr. Clevver?
(a) Eusa invented boats in the air.
(b) Eusa asked Mr. Clevver to stop fighting.
(c) Enemies came to make war.
(d) Eusa invented computers.
7. At the digging why didn't the "littl witey bloak" want the girt big thing?
(a) It will take too much manpower to get it out.
(b) Because Riddley's father was killed by it.
(c) It is not Eusa's head.
(d) It is the wrong type of metal.
8. After the fire, what does Riddley accuse Lorna of doing?
(a) Of putting something on him.
(b) Of killing the baby.
(c) Of taking his food;
(d) Of stealing the dog's hide.
9. Why is the albino at the digging?
(a) He needed timber cut for a project he was building at Widders Dump.
(b) He wanted to be sure the big thing was broken up properly.
(c) He came to put on a Eusa show.
(d) He came to pay his respects to Riddley.
10. How old was Riddley's father when he died?
(a) Thirty-three years old.
(b) Thirty-nine years old.
(c) Fifty-two years old.
(d) Twenty-nine years old.
11. What does Lorna say happened to the air boats?
(a) They were destroyed in the 1 Big 1.
(b) They got to space stations and the people on them died.
(c) People sabotaged them.
(d) They ran out of fuel after the 1 Big 1.
12. What was the reaction to Brooder's connexion for the Eusa story Riddley remembers from childhood?
(a) Some people wanted a new connexion man.
(b) Some people left the community.
(c) Goodparley and Orfing came back.
(d) The group moved from Crippel the Farn and came to How Fents.
13. When does the narrator's story in Chapter 1 take place?
(a) Three days before the novel begins.
(b) Before the bad time.
(c) After the bad time.
(d) The day the narrator was born.
14. What does Riddley think when he first sees the Eusa puppet during the Goodparley/Orfing show?
(a) That thing with no name that looks out through people's eye holes
(b) Eusa has no eyes.
(c) This is a different puppet than usual.
(d) How his scar hurts.
15. Riddley tells a story from when he was 7 or 8. What happened to Littl Salting when Riddley was young?
(a) It was flooded out.
(b) They were forced to leave by the Big 2.
(c) Taken over by Dog Et Form.
(d) Their crops didn't grow.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why was everyone left hanging when Riddley did his first connexion?
2. Who plays the part of Eusa in the show put on the the Pry Mincer and Wes Mincer?
3. What time does Goodparley say is past the day after Brooder dies?
4. What is the name of the place that Riddley lives?
5. After Eusa splits the Littl Man in the written story, what do the dogs tell Eusa?
This section contains 702 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)