|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why has a large traveling party come to Widders Dump?
(a) To help break up the big thing.
(b) To help with a building project at Widders Dump.
(c) To do a Eusa show.
(d) To inspect the digging.
2. What time does Goodparley say is past the day after Brooder dies?
(a) Time for foraging.
(b) Time for connexions.
(c) Time for the Eusa story.
(d) Time for farming.
3. What was the reaction to Brooder's connexion for the Eusa story Riddley remembers from childhood?
(a) Goodparley and Orfing came back.
(b) The group moved from Crippel the Farn and came to How Fents.
(c) Some people left the community.
(d) Some people wanted a new connexion man.
4. After Eusa splits the Littl Man in the written story, what do the dogs tell Eusa?
(a) He will build even more machines.
(b) Mr. Clevver will reward him greatly.
(c) He will have more power than anyone can imagine.
(d) The land will die, people will eat one another, water will be poison, and the people will drink blood.
5. What story does the narrator tell in Chapter 1?
(a) His birth story.
(b) The Eusa story.
(c) The story of his mother's death.
(d) The Hart of the Wood.
6. After Goodparley and Orfing finish the show, what does Durster Potter say to Riddley?
(a) That he needed to go back in to talk with Lorna.
(c) That Goodparley and Orfing wanted to talk with Riddley.
(d) Wouldn't want to be out this night on the other side of the fence.
7. Who are the characters in the story Riddley remembers from his 7th or 8th year?
(a) Eusa, salting bloak, Littl Shyning Man, and Mr. Clevver.
(b) Eusa and Mr. Clevver.
(c) Punch and Pooty.
(d) Folleree and Folleroo.
8. What is the first thing Riddley talked about when he began his reveal?
(a) Mr. Clevver.
(b) The black cloth with smoke and flames behind Eusa.
(c) Littl Shyning Man.
(d) Eusa's head.
9. What huge traveling party arrives at Widders Dump the day after Brooder dies?
(a) Mr. Clevvers.
(b) Belnot Phist and Chalker Marchman.
(c) Straiter Empy.
(d) Abel Goodparley and Erny Orfing, the Pry Mincer and Wes Mincer.
10. How is the Eusa story different than usual in the Goodparley/Orfing show?
(a) Eusa said he didn't make the bombs, Mr. Clevver made them.
(b) Eusa does not have children in this story.
(c) Eusa does not make the 1 Big 1.
(d) Mr. Clevver gives Eusa the knowlege to make the bombs.
11. On the day the men try to lift the object from the hole intact, what three things does Riddley try to connect?
(a) The deaths of his father, the baby, and the dog.
(b) The crow, the baby, and the dog.
(c) Lorna's tel, the death of his father, and the death of the baby.
(d) The deaths of his father, mother, and grandfather.
12. What do the people need in the story the narrator tells in Chapter 1?
13. What is the narrator's name?
(a) Riddley Walker.
(b) Brooder Walker.
(c) Reckman Bessup.
(d) Fister Crunchman.
14. In the story told by Lorna in Chapter 3, what things have shape?
(a) The ground.
(b) Everything, except the night.
(c) Everything, even the night.
(d) People and animals.
15. What happened when the man and woman in Lorna's story looked into the eyes of a goat?
(a) They lost the dog.
(b) They couldn not build fire any more.
(c) They got cleverness.
(d) They had children.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Riddley think when he first sees the Eusa puppet during the Goodparley/Orfing show?
2. The night after Brooder dies, who says he has been looking for the Littl Shyning Man?
3. What is the 1st knowing that Lorna refers to?
4. At the digging why didn't the "littl witey bloak" want the girt big thing?
5. When Eusa finds a stag, why won't it run from him in the written Eusa story?
This section contains 717 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)