|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of the place that Riddley lives?
(a) Bernt Arse.
(c) Bundel Downs.
(d) How Fents.
2. The day after he gets his scar, what does Riddley do?
(a) Dig in his head for his connexion.
(b) Slept all day.
(c) Went to Widders Dump.
(d) Went to work.
3. What did Riddley say as the villagers stood around the fire the evening his father died?
(a) He did not say anything.
(b) He talked about how he would miss his father.
(c) He thanked everyone for the things they said about his father.
(d) He said he wished that his father had seen him kill the dog.
4. What happened when the people in Lorna's story put in the 1 Big 1?
(a) A flash of light and then endless night.
(c) Eternal daylight.
(d) The machine quit working.
5. How old is the albino?
6. Who is the albino at the digging?
(a) An old friend of Brooder Walker.
(b) Belnost Phist from the Mincery.
7. After the fire, what does Riddley accuse Lorna of doing?
(a) Of putting something on him.
(b) Of stealing the dog's hide.
(c) Of taking his food;
(d) Of killing the baby.
8. What are the children doing the night after the burning?
(a) Playing ball.
(b) Listening to Lorna tell a story.
(d) Singing and playing in the puddles.
9. Why do the villagers join hands around a fire?
(a) To pray for protection from bad luck.
(b) To talk about Brooder's life.
(c) To celebrate the killing of the dog.
(d) To pray for a good harvest.
10. Who comes for the wotcher, the night after the burning?
(a) Lorna Elswint.
(b) Goodparley, Orfing and 2 hevvys.
(c) Belnot Phist.
(d) All the people from Hows Fent.
11. What huge traveling party arrives at Widders Dump the day after Brooder dies?
(a) Belnot Phist and Chalker Marchman.
(b) Abel Goodparley and Erny Orfing, the Pry Mincer and Wes Mincer.
(c) Straiter Empy.
(d) Mr. Clevvers.
12. What did the people of the village sing around the fire on the evening Brooder Walker died?
(a) An unkown funeral dirge.
(b) Ode to Master Chaynjis.
(c) Savering Gallack Seas.
(d) They didn't sing, they were too sad.
13. Who was following the narrator and his companions on the day the novel begins?
(a) The narrator's father.
(b) The narrator's best friend.
(c) The leader of the Bernt Arse pack.
(d) The chard coal burners.
14. How did Riddley's mother die and how old was he when she died?
(a) She died from drowning when he was 8.
(b) She died of coughing sickness when he was 5.
(c) She died in childbirth when he was born.
(d) She died in a fire when he was 5.
15. What reason does Lorna give for the baby's death?
(a) The people were not only farming, but digging up iron from the Bad Time.
(b) The baby's mother was sick.
(c) The baby had a bad cold.
(d) The baby was killed by a wild dog.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who says that the Littl Shyning can be put back together the night after Brooder dies?
2. In the Goodparley/Orfing Eusa show, what part of his body does Eusa say is missing?
3. What have the little kids been doing while Riddley was scared?
4. Who follows Riddley and the other men to Widders Dump the day after his father's death?
5. Was it really the Littl Man who took Eusa's wife?
This section contains 570 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)