|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How are Eusa shows traditionally introduced?
(a) The kids sing.
(b) Orfing talks to the crowd.
(c) Riddley and the crowd repeat lines about the show.
(d) Lorna Elswint sings.
2. What position will Riddley hold in his village now that his father is dead?
(a) The nindicater.
(b) Tribe leader.
(c) Witch doctor.
(d) Connexion man.
3. Who was following the narrator and his companions on the day the novel begins?
(a) The chard coal burners.
(b) The narrator's father.
(c) The narrator's best friend.
(d) The leader of the Bernt Arse pack.
4. What does Riddley share with those who come to his shelter in Chapter 7?
5. On the day the men try to lift the object from the hole intact, what three things does Riddley try to connect?
(a) The crow, the baby, and the dog.
(b) The deaths of his father, the baby, and the dog.
(c) The deaths of his father, mother, and grandfather.
(d) Lorna's tel, the death of his father, and the death of the baby.
6. Which of the Eusa showmen is said to be one who interprets things?
(c) Belnot Phist.
7. What huge traveling party arrives at Widders Dump the day after Brooder dies?
(a) Straiter Empy.
(b) Belnot Phist and Chalker Marchman.
(c) Abel Goodparley and Erny Orfing, the Pry Mincer and Wes Mincer.
(d) Mr. Clevvers.
8. Who are the characters in the story Riddley remembers from his 7th or 8th year?
(a) Folleree and Folleroo.
(b) Eusa, salting bloak, Littl Shyning Man, and Mr. Clevver.
(c) Punch and Pooty.
(d) Eusa and Mr. Clevver.
9. What have the little kids been doing while Riddley was scared?
(a) Singing in the rain.
(b) Creeping in and out of the fit.
(c) Getting ready for bed.
(d) Eating their dinners.
10. What is the usual procedure for getting large objects out of holes?
(a) If the object was really large, they simply had to leave it in the hole.
(b) Drop large rocks from a crane and break the object into pieces.
(c) Men would get in the hole with pick axes and break the object apart.
(d) Lift the object out using all the strong men on the work crew.
11. Who do the narrator and his companions pass as they walk by with their prize on the first day of the novel?
(a) A man, woman, and child.
(b) The Hart of the Wood.
(c) A clever looking bloke.
(d) The chard coal burners.
12. After the fire, what does Riddley accuse Lorna of doing?
(a) Of putting something on him.
(b) Of taking his food;
(c) Of killing the baby.
(d) Of stealing the dog's hide.
13. In the story told by Lorna in Chapter 3, what things have shape?
(a) The ground.
(b) Everything, even the night.
(c) Everything, except the night.
(d) People and animals.
14. The night Riddley's father dies, who starts a fire?
(a) The people of Widders Dump.
(b) Riddley, Straiter Empy, Reckman Bessup, and Lorna Elswint.
(c) The children of the village.
(d) The women of the village.
15. What is the first thing Riddley talked about when he began his reveal?
(a) The black cloth with smoke and flames behind Eusa.
(b) Eusa's head.
(c) Littl Shyning Man.
(d) Mr. Clevver.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Riddley confess about his father's connexions?
2. How did Riddley's mother die and how old was he when she died?
3. What does Lorna say that Brooder was connected to?
4. What is Riddley thinking while he is breaking up the big thing the day after his father's death?
5. Who dies in the village the same day that the men are trying to remove the object from the hole?
This section contains 709 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)