|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Chalker Marchman want done with the big thing that killed Riddley's father?
(a) Have it buried.
(b) That it be left alone.
(c) Try to lift it out of the hole.
(d) Break it up and melt it down.
2. What does Riddley think when he first sees the Eusa puppet during the Goodparley/Orfing show?
(a) This is a different puppet than usual.
(b) How his scar hurts.
(c) Eusa has no eyes.
(d) That thing with no name that looks out through people's eye holes
3. What would Riddley like to do with the hide of the dog that he killed?
(a) Burn it.
(b) Make a hood with the dog's teeth all around it.
(c) Make it into a coat.
(d) Give it to Lorna.
4. What is Eusa's project in the Goodparley/Orfing show?
(a) 1 Big 1.
(b) Make a new head.
(c) Create an air ship.
(d) Good Time.
5. In the written Eusa story, who was the Big Man?
(a) Mr. Clevver.
(c) Littl Shinynin Man.
6. Who dies in the village the same day that the men are trying to remove the object from the hole?
(a) Lorna Elswint.
(b) Riddley's mother.
(c) The leader of the Bernt Arse pack.
(d) A baby.
7. What did Riddley say as the villagers stood around the fire the evening his father died?
(a) He did not say anything.
(b) He talked about how he would miss his father.
(c) He said he wished that his father had seen him kill the dog.
(d) He thanked everyone for the things they said about his father.
8. What is the weather like the night after the burning?
(c) Clear, but cold.
(d) Clear, but warm.
9. What do the people need in the story the narrator tells in Chapter 1?
10. Who was at the digging in Chapter 5 when Riddley arrived?
(a) Lorna Elswint.
(b) The Bernt Arse Pack.
(c) Chalker Marchman and an albino.
(d) Nimbel Potter.
11. In the official Eusa story, who does Eusa take with him when searches for what Mr. Clevver wants?
(a) Folleree & Folleroo.
(b) His sons.
(c) His daughter.
(d) His wife.
12. How does Lorna describe the dog that Riddley killed?
(a) Old and worn out.
(b) Brown in color and blind in one eye.
(c) Small, but strong.
(d) Strong and healthy.
13. What is the 1st knowing that Lorna refers to?
(a) They knew how to use the dog to help them.
(b) They knew the night.
(c) They learned cleverness.
(d) They knew the day.
14. In the written Eusa story, what happened when there was knowledge and Eusa was working for Mr. Clevver?
(a) Eusa invented boats in the air.
(b) Eusa invented computers.
(c) Eusa asked Mr. Clevver to stop fighting.
(d) Enemies came to make war.
15. Why does Riddley begin to tell the Eusa story from the time he was 7 or 8?
(a) To show his dad's style.
(b) To compare Eusa stories.
(c) To talk about Littl Salting.
(d) The people of Hows Fent asked him to.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do the people in the narrator's story do to get what they need?
2. After he splits the atom, why doesn't Eusa know how many changes there are to come?
3. What color are Eusa's eyes in the Goodparley/Orfing show?
4. What did the leader of the group that was following the narrator look like?
5. Who do the narrator and his companions pass as they walk by with their prize on the first day of the novel?
This section contains 640 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)