|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In the written Eusa Story, what does Mr. Clevver want Eusa to find?
(a) Little Shynin Man, the Addom (atom).
(b) Folleree and Folleroo.
(c) Eusa's family.
(d) Mr. Clevver's family.
2. What is the usual procedure for getting large objects out of holes?
(a) If the object was really large, they simply had to leave it in the hole.
(b) Men would get in the hole with pick axes and break the object apart.
(c) Drop large rocks from a crane and break the object into pieces.
(d) Lift the object out using all the strong men on the work crew.
3. What do the people need in the story the narrator tells in Chapter 1?
4. What happened when the man and woman in Lorna's story looked into the eyes of a goat?
(a) They lost the dog.
(b) They couldn not build fire any more.
(c) They got cleverness.
(d) They had children.
5. Was it really the Littl Man who took Eusa's wife?
(d) No one knows.
6. What happened three days after Riddley's naming day?
(a) Riddley runs away from home.
(b) Riddley goes to work with the chard coal burners.
(c) Riddley's father dies.
(d) Riddley's mother dies.
7. What is the 1st knowing that Lorna refers to?
(a) They knew the night.
(b) They knew the day.
(c) They learned cleverness.
(d) They knew how to use the dog to help them.
8. What time does Goodparley say is past the day after Brooder dies?
(a) Time for the Eusa story.
(b) Time for farming.
(c) Time for connexions.
(d) Time for foraging.
9. Why has a large traveling party come to Widders Dump?
(a) To help break up the big thing.
(b) To inspect the digging.
(c) To help with a building project at Widders Dump.
(d) To do a Eusa show.
10. Why was everyone left hanging when Riddley did his first connexion?
(a) Riddley did not have a good connexion.
(b) Riddley was too nervous to speak.
(c) The people of Hows Fent would not let him talk.
(d) Riddley went into a trance.
11. What is the narrator's name?
(a) Fister Crunchman.
(b) Brooder Walker.
(c) Reckman Bessup.
(d) Riddley Walker.
12. After Goodparley and Orfing finish the show, what does Durster Potter say to Riddley?
(a) Wouldn't want to be out this night on the other side of the fence.
(b) That Goodparley and Orfing wanted to talk with Riddley.
(d) That he needed to go back in to talk with Lorna.
13. What reason does Lorna give for the baby's death?
(a) The baby's mother was sick.
(b) The baby had a bad cold.
(c) The people were not only farming, but digging up iron from the Bad Time.
(d) The baby was killed by a wild dog.
14. What does Lorna say that Brooder was connected to?
(a) His son, his village, and his friends.
(b) The people of Widders Dump.
(c) His work.
(d) A shovel, leaver poal and digging up Bad Time.
15. What three things does Lorna talk about on the evening Riddley's father died?
(a) Three stories about Eusa.
(b) Brooder's death, the baby's death, and the dog's death.
(c) Three stories about Master Chaynjis.
(d) Three villages that are threatened by wild dogs.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who are the characters in the story Riddley remembers from his 7th or 8th year?
2. How old is the albino?
3. What does Eusa do with all his knowledge in the Goodparley/Orfing show?
4. What have the little kids been doing while Riddley was scared?
5. When Lorna finishes her story, who does Riddley say he always thought was responsible for the 1 Big 1?
This section contains 622 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)