|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the usual procedure for getting large objects out of holes?
(a) Men would get in the hole with pick axes and break the object apart.
(b) If the object was really large, they simply had to leave it in the hole.
(c) Drop large rocks from a crane and break the object into pieces.
(d) Lift the object out using all the strong men on the work crew.
2. What does Riddley think after the Eusa show ends on the night he is scarred?
(a) That Eusa did drop the bombs.
(b) This Eusa show was his first as connexion man.
(c) This Eusa show did not tell the true story.
(d) This was the best Eusa show he had ever seen.
3. Who do the narrator and his companions pass as they walk by with their prize on the first day of the novel?
(a) The chard coal burners.
(b) A clever looking bloke.
(c) A man, woman, and child.
(d) The Hart of the Wood.
4. After Goodparley and Orfing finish the show, what does Durster Potter say to Riddley?
(a) Wouldn't want to be out this night on the other side of the fence.
(b) That he needed to go back in to talk with Lorna.
(c) That Goodparley and Orfing wanted to talk with Riddley.
5. Who comes for the wotcher, the night after the burning?
(a) Goodparley, Orfing and 2 hevvys.
(b) All the people from Hows Fent.
(c) Belnot Phist.
(d) Lorna Elswint.
6. How old is the narrator of the story?
(a) He is sixteen years old.
(b) He is eighteen today.
(c) He is twenty-one today.
(d) He is twelve years old.
7. Was it really the Littl Man who took Eusa's wife?
(d) No one knows.
8. What does Eusa do with all his knowledge in the Goodparley/Orfing show?
(a) Shares it with his friends.
(b) Puts it in a box.
(c) Gives it to Mr. Clevver.
(d) Writes it down in a book.
9. What is the first thing Riddley talked about when he began his reveal?
(a) Littl Shyning Man.
(b) The black cloth with smoke and flames behind Eusa.
(c) Mr. Clevver.
(d) Eusa's head.
10. What happened when the object fell that the men were trying to get out of the hole intact?
(a) Riddley's father died.
(b) Riddley broke his arm.
(c) One of the men broke his leg.
(d) A man broke his back.
11. What huge traveling party arrives at Widders Dump the day after Brooder dies?
(a) Belnot Phist and Chalker Marchman.
(b) Mr. Clevvers.
(c) Abel Goodparley and Erny Orfing, the Pry Mincer and Wes Mincer.
(d) Straiter Empy.
12. in Lorna's story, how did the man and woman's lives change after they got the 1st knowing?
(a) They made tents and wandered even more than they had before.
(b) They stopped wandering, settled down, raised animals, and grew crops.
(c) They built a large boat.
(d) They foraged with the dog.
13. Which of the Eusa showmen is said to be one who interprets things?
(c) Belnot Phist.
14. What color are Eusa's eyes in the Goodparley/Orfing show?
(b) He doesn't have eyes, just holes where eyes should be.
15. What do the people need in the story the narrator tells in Chapter 1?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Eusa's project in the Goodparley/Orfing show?
2. Where does Riddley get a scar?
3. What is the name of the place that Riddley lives?
4. How old is the albino?
5. What is the first thing the narrator does in Chapter 1?
This section contains 595 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)