|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Riddley think after the Eusa show ends on the night he is scarred?
(a) This was the best Eusa show he had ever seen.
(b) This Eusa show did not tell the true story.
(c) That Eusa did drop the bombs.
(d) This Eusa show was his first as connexion man.
2. Why do the villagers join hands around a fire?
(a) To pray for a good harvest.
(b) To talk about Brooder's life.
(c) To celebrate the killing of the dog.
(d) To pray for protection from bad luck.
3. What happens to the three people in the narrator's story?
(a) The child is killed and eaten and the parents are burned by fire.
(b) They are struck by lighting.
(c) The child is killed and eaten and the parents leave the next morning.
(d) They freeze to death.
4. Who yelled "Fall! Fall! Fall!" while the men were trying to pull the large object out of the hole intact?
(b) A crow.
(c) Chalker Marchman.
(d) Brooder Walker.
5. What do the people need in the story the narrator tells in Chapter 1?
6. How does Lorna describe the dog that Riddley killed?
(a) Brown in color and blind in one eye.
(b) Old and worn out.
(c) Strong and healthy.
(d) Small, but strong.
7. To whom does the narrator speak when he returns to his home on this first day of the novel?
(a) The chard coal burners.
(b) The leader of the Bernt Arse pack.
(c) Lorna Elswint, an old tel woman.
(d) Littl 2way Digman.
8. When Lorna finishes her story, who does Riddley say he always thought was responsible for the 1 Big 1?
(c) Master Chaynjis.
(d) The devil.
9. The night Riddley's father dies, who starts a fire?
(a) Riddley, Straiter Empy, Reckman Bessup, and Lorna Elswint.
(b) The children of the village.
(c) The women of the village.
(d) The people of Widders Dump.
10. How many more changes will there be after the atom is split in the written Eusa story?
(a) No one knows.
(b) As many as are required.
(c) Five move.
(d) Hundreds of changes.
11. In the Goodparley/Orfing show, how does Eusa lose all his knowledge?
(a) Mr. Clevver steals the book with the knowledge.
(b) Mr. Clevver puts the knowledge in the box and takes it.
(c) Eusa's enemies steal it.
(d) Eusa loses it in a fire.
12. Which of the Eusa showmen is said to be one who interprets things?
(b) Belnot Phist.
13. The day after he gets his scar, what does Riddley do?
(a) Went to Widders Dump.
(b) Dig in his head for his connexion.
(c) Slept all day.
(d) Went to work.
14. What huge traveling party arrives at Widders Dump the day after Brooder dies?
(a) Straiter Empy.
(b) Abel Goodparley and Erny Orfing, the Pry Mincer and Wes Mincer.
(c) Mr. Clevvers.
(d) Belnot Phist and Chalker Marchman.
15. What is the weather like the night after the burning?
(a) Clear, but warm.
(c) Clear, but cold.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Lorna say bonfires were used for?
2. Who runs on Riddley's knife the day the men try to lift the object from the hole intact?
3. In the written Eusa story, who was the Big Man?
4. Why is the fire made on the night Brooder dies?
5. What three things does Lorna talk about on the evening Riddley's father died?
This section contains 618 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)