|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After he splits the atom, why doesn't Eusa know how many changes there are to come?
(a) Eusa's wife had the information with her.
(b) He never knew how many changes there would be.
(c) The Little Man won't tell him.
(d) The writing with the numbers was destroyed.
2. After the fire, what does Riddley accuse Lorna of doing?
(a) Of putting something on him.
(b) Of killing the baby.
(c) Of taking his food;
(d) Of stealing the dog's hide.
3. What are the children doing the night after the burning?
(a) Listening to Lorna tell a story.
(b) Playing ball.
(d) Singing and playing in the puddles.
4. How did Riddley's mother die and how old was he when she died?
(a) She died of coughing sickness when he was 5.
(b) She died in a fire when he was 5.
(c) She died from drowning when he was 8.
(d) She died in childbirth when he was born.
5. Why is the albino at the digging?
(a) He wanted to be sure the big thing was broken up properly.
(b) He came to put on a Eusa show.
(c) He needed timber cut for a project he was building at Widders Dump.
(d) He came to pay his respects to Riddley.
6. What position will Riddley hold in his village now that his father is dead?
(a) Witch doctor.
(b) Tribe leader.
(c) The nindicater.
(d) Connexion man.
7. Which of the Eusa showmen is said to be one who interprets things?
(b) Belnot Phist.
8. In the Goodparley/Orfing Eusa show, what part of his body does Eusa say is missing?
(a) His arm.
(b) His leg.
(c) His hands.
(d) His head.
9. When Lorna finishes her story, who does Riddley say he always thought was responsible for the 1 Big 1?
(a) Master Chaynjis.
(b) The devil.
10. Why was everyone left hanging when Riddley did his first connexion?
(a) Riddley was too nervous to speak.
(b) Riddley did not have a good connexion.
(c) The people of Hows Fent would not let him talk.
(d) Riddley went into a trance.
11. How many more changes will there be after the atom is split in the written Eusa story?
(a) Five move.
(b) As many as are required.
(c) Hundreds of changes.
(d) No one knows.
12. How are Eusa shows traditionally introduced?
(a) Orfing talks to the crowd.
(b) The kids sing.
(c) Riddley and the crowd repeat lines about the show.
(d) Lorna Elswint sings.
13. After Eusa splits the Littl Man in the written story, what do the dogs tell Eusa?
(a) The land will die, people will eat one another, water will be poison, and the people will drink blood.
(b) He will build even more machines.
(c) Mr. Clevver will reward him greatly.
(d) He will have more power than anyone can imagine.
14. What is the usual procedure for getting large objects out of holes?
(a) Drop large rocks from a crane and break the object into pieces.
(b) Men would get in the hole with pick axes and break the object apart.
(c) If the object was really large, they simply had to leave it in the hole.
(d) Lift the object out using all the strong men on the work crew.
15. What does Lorna say bonfires were used for?
(a) To call back those who left in the air ships to fetch the people left behind.
(b) To keep away wild dogs.
(c) To keep everyone warm.
(d) To celebrate a good harvest.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Riddley have to get a scar?
2. What did Chalker Marchman want done with the big thing that killed Riddley's father?
3. Why does Riddley begin to tell the Eusa story from the time he was 7 or 8?
4. What is the narrator's name?
5. What reason does Lorna give for the baby's death?
This section contains 692 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)