|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Lorna finishes her story, who does Riddley say he always thought was responsible for the 1 Big 1?
(a) The devil.
(d) Master Chaynjis.
2. How is the Eusa story different than usual in the Goodparley/Orfing show?
(a) Eusa does not have children in this story.
(b) Eusa said he didn't make the bombs, Mr. Clevver made them.
(c) Eusa does not make the 1 Big 1.
(d) Mr. Clevver gives Eusa the knowlege to make the bombs.
3. After the fire, how does everyone look at Riddley?
(a) They make him leave How Fents.
(b) They call him names.
(c) Differently, winking, dodging their heads, or giving him the thumbs up.
(d) They shun him.
4. What did Riddley say as the villagers stood around the fire the evening his father died?
(a) He did not say anything.
(b) He talked about how he would miss his father.
(c) He thanked everyone for the things they said about his father.
(d) He said he wished that his father had seen him kill the dog.
5. Why do the villagers join hands around a fire?
(a) To pray for a good harvest.
(b) To celebrate the killing of the dog.
(c) To talk about Brooder's life.
(d) To pray for protection from bad luck.
6. In the Goodparley/Orfing show, how does Eusa lose all his knowledge?
(a) Mr. Clevver puts the knowledge in the box and takes it.
(b) Mr. Clevver steals the book with the knowledge.
(c) Eusa's enemies steal it.
(d) Eusa loses it in a fire.
7. In the Goodparley/Orfing Eusa show, what part of his body does Eusa say is missing?
(a) His leg.
(b) His arm.
(c) His head.
(d) His hands.
8. Where does Riddley get a scar?
(a) His belly.
(b) His forehead.
(c) His arm.
(d) His back.
9. What do the people in the narrator's story do to get what they need?
(a) Pay gold coins.
(b) Search for flint and tinder.
(c) Give their child to be killed.
(d) Kill a wild boar.
10. in Lorna's story, how did the man and woman's lives change after they got the 1st knowing?
(a) They foraged with the dog.
(b) They made tents and wandered even more than they had before.
(c) They built a large boat.
(d) They stopped wandering, settled down, raised animals, and grew crops.
11. What is Eusa's project in the Goodparley/Orfing show?
(a) Create an air ship.
(b) 1 Big 1.
(c) Good Time.
(d) Make a new head.
12. What does Eusa do with all his knowledge in the Goodparley/Orfing show?
(a) Writes it down in a book.
(b) Shares it with his friends.
(c) Gives it to Mr. Clevver.
(d) Puts it in a box.
13. Who follows Riddley and the other men to Widders Dump the day after his father's death?
(a) Lorna Elswint.
(b) Bernt Arse Pack.
(c) The children from How Fents.
(d) Rockman Bessup.
14. What does Lorna say bonfires were used for?
(a) To keep away wild dogs.
(b) To celebrate a good harvest.
(c) To call back those who left in the air ships to fetch the people left behind.
(d) To keep everyone warm.
15. What is the weather like the night after the burning?
(c) Clear, but cold.
(d) Clear, but warm.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happened when the man and woman in Lorna's story looked into the eyes of a goat?
2. What are the children doing the night after the burning?
3. The night after Brooder dies, who says he has been looking for the Littl Shyning Man?
4. Who says that the Littl Shyning can be put back together the night after Brooder dies?
5. What story does the narrator tell in Chapter 1?
This section contains 615 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)