|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How did the man and woman in Lorna's story get the 1st knowing?
(a) They looked into a goat's eyes.
(b) They looked into the dog's eyes during a full moon.
(c) They looked into each others eyes.
(d) They looked into the fire.
2. What happens to the three people in the narrator's story?
(a) They are struck by lighting.
(b) The child is killed and eaten and the parents are burned by fire.
(c) They freeze to death.
(d) The child is killed and eaten and the parents leave the next morning.
3. On the day the men try to lift the object from the hole intact, what three things does Riddley try to connect?
(a) The deaths of his father, mother, and grandfather.
(b) The deaths of his father, the baby, and the dog.
(c) Lorna's tel, the death of his father, and the death of the baby.
(d) The crow, the baby, and the dog.
4. What story does the narrator tell in Chapter 1?
(a) His birth story.
(b) The story of his mother's death.
(c) The Hart of the Wood.
(d) The Eusa story.
5. What color are Eusa's eyes in the Goodparley/Orfing show?
(b) He doesn't have eyes, just holes where eyes should be.
6. How are Eusa shows traditionally introduced?
(a) The kids sing.
(b) Orfing talks to the crowd.
(c) Riddley and the crowd repeat lines about the show.
(d) Lorna Elswint sings.
7. Was it really the Littl Man who took Eusa's wife?
(c) No one knows.
8. What does Lorna say happened to the air boats?
(a) They were destroyed in the 1 Big 1.
(b) People sabotaged them.
(c) They got to space stations and the people on them died.
(d) They ran out of fuel after the 1 Big 1.
9. Who do the narrator and his companions pass as they walk by with their prize on the first day of the novel?
(a) A clever looking bloke.
(b) The Hart of the Wood.
(c) A man, woman, and child.
(d) The chard coal burners.
10. At the digging why didn't the "littl witey bloak" want the girt big thing?
(a) It is the wrong type of metal.
(b) It is not Eusa's head.
(c) Because Riddley's father was killed by it.
(d) It will take too much manpower to get it out.
11. What would Riddley like to do with the hide of the dog that he killed?
(a) Burn it.
(b) Make a hood with the dog's teeth all around it.
(c) Give it to Lorna.
(d) Make it into a coat.
12. The day after he gets his scar, what does Riddley do?
(a) Went to Widders Dump.
(b) Went to work.
(c) Dig in his head for his connexion.
(d) Slept all day.
13. in Lorna's story, how did the man and woman's lives change after they got the 1st knowing?
(a) They made tents and wandered even more than they had before.
(b) They stopped wandering, settled down, raised animals, and grew crops.
(c) They foraged with the dog.
(d) They built a large boat.
14. Where did the people of the village put the head of the dog that Riddley killed?
(a) They buried the dog.
(b) They threw him into the woods.
(c) On a spike outside the village fence.
(d) On a pole on top of the gate house.
15. In the Goodparley/Orfing show, how does Eusa lose all his knowledge?
(a) Mr. Clevver puts the knowledge in the box and takes it.
(b) Eusa's enemies steal it.
(c) Eusa loses it in a fire.
(d) Mr. Clevver steals the book with the knowledge.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the usual procedure for getting large objects out of holes?
2. In the Goodparley/Orfing Eusa show, what part of his body does Eusa say is missing?
3. In the story told by Lorna in Chapter 3, what things have shape?
4. What is Riddley thinking while he is breaking up the big thing the day after his father's death?
5. Why is the fire made on the night Brooder dies?
This section contains 767 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)