|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens to the three people in the narrator's story?
(a) The child is killed and eaten and the parents leave the next morning.
(b) They freeze to death.
(c) The child is killed and eaten and the parents are burned by fire.
(d) They are struck by lighting.
2. What does Lorna say happened to the air boats?
(a) They were destroyed in the 1 Big 1.
(b) They got to space stations and the people on them died.
(c) People sabotaged them.
(d) They ran out of fuel after the 1 Big 1.
3. The day after he gets his scar, what does Riddley do?
(a) Went to Widders Dump.
(b) Went to work.
(c) Slept all day.
(d) Dig in his head for his connexion.
4. What is the usual procedure for getting large objects out of holes?
(a) Men would get in the hole with pick axes and break the object apart.
(b) Drop large rocks from a crane and break the object into pieces.
(c) Lift the object out using all the strong men on the work crew.
(d) If the object was really large, they simply had to leave it in the hole.
5. Who says that the Littl Shyning can be put back together the night after Brooder dies?
(a) Belnot Phist.
6. When Eusa finds a stag, why won't it run from him in the written Eusa story?
(a) The stag is hurt.
(b) The stag told him that nothing will run from Eusa anymore, but soon Eusa will run from everything.
(c) The stag is caught in a trap.
(d) The stag is tied to a tree.
7. Who was at the digging in Chapter 5 when Riddley arrived?
(a) Chalker Marchman and an albino.
(b) Nimbel Potter.
(c) Lorna Elswint.
(d) The Bernt Arse Pack.
8. What story does Lorna tell the same day that Riddley's father died?
(a) Why the Dog Won't Show It's Eyes.
(b) Why the Dog Hates Night.
(c) Why the Dog Kills People.
(d) Why the Dog Hates People.
9. What three things does Lorna talk about on the evening Riddley's father died?
(a) Three villages that are threatened by wild dogs.
(b) Three stories about Eusa.
(c) Three stories about Master Chaynjis.
(d) Brooder's death, the baby's death, and the dog's death.
10. What is the first thing Riddley talked about when he began his reveal?
(a) Mr. Clevver.
(b) Littl Shyning Man.
(c) The black cloth with smoke and flames behind Eusa.
(d) Eusa's head.
11. On the day the men try to lift the object from the hole intact, what three things does Riddley try to connect?
(a) The crow, the baby, and the dog.
(b) Lorna's tel, the death of his father, and the death of the baby.
(c) The deaths of his father, the baby, and the dog.
(d) The deaths of his father, mother, and grandfather.
12. What does Lorna say that Brooder was connected to?
(a) The people of Widders Dump.
(b) His work.
(c) His son, his village, and his friends.
(d) A shovel, leaver poal and digging up Bad Time.
13. Who are the characters in the story Riddley remembers from his 7th or 8th year?
(a) Eusa and Mr. Clevver.
(b) Eusa, salting bloak, Littl Shyning Man, and Mr. Clevver.
(c) Folleree and Folleroo.
(d) Punch and Pooty.
14. What did the people of the village sing around the fire on the evening Brooder Walker died?
(a) Ode to Master Chaynjis.
(b) They didn't sing, they were too sad.
(c) Savering Gallack Seas.
(d) An unkown funeral dirge.
15. After Eusa splits the Littl Man in the written story, what do the dogs tell Eusa?
(a) He will build even more machines.
(b) The land will die, people will eat one another, water will be poison, and the people will drink blood.
(c) He will have more power than anyone can imagine.
(d) Mr. Clevver will reward him greatly.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who dies in the village the same day that the men are trying to remove the object from the hole?
2. What position will Riddley hold in his village now that his father is dead?
3. How did the man and woman in Lorna's story get the 1st knowing?
4. After the fire, what does Riddley accuse Lorna of doing?
5. Why is the fire made on the night Brooder dies?
This section contains 743 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)