Mid-Book Test - Easy
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After the fire, how does everyone look at Riddley?
(a) They shun him.
(b) They call him names.
(c) Differently, winking, dodging their heads, or giving him the thumbs up.
(d) They make him leave How Fents.
2. What happened when the object fell that the men were trying to get out of the hole intact?
(a) One of the men broke his leg.
(b) Riddley broke his arm.
(c) A man broke his back.
(d) Riddley's father died.
3. What is the name of the place that Riddley lives?
(b) Bundel Downs.
(c) Bernt Arse.
(d) How Fents.
4. The night Riddley's father dies, who starts a fire?
(a) The people of Widders Dump.
(b) The women of the village.
(c) The children of the village.
(d) Riddley, Straiter Empy, Reckman Bessup, and Lorna Elswint.
5. When Lorna finishes her story, who does Riddley say he always thought was responsible for the 1 Big 1?
(b) The devil.
(c) Master Chaynjis.
6. What did the people of the village sing around the fire on the evening Brooder Walker died?
(a) Ode to Master Chaynjis.
(b) Savering Gallack Seas.
(c) They didn't sing, they were too sad.
(d) An unkown funeral dirge.
7. How did Riddley's mother die and how old was he when she died?
(a) She died in a fire when he was 5.
(b) She died of coughing sickness when he was 5.
(c) She died in childbirth when he was born.
(d) She died from drowning when he was 8.
8. What story does Lorna tell the same day that Riddley's father died?
(a) Why the Dog Won't Show It's Eyes.
(b) Why the Dog Kills People.
(c) Why the Dog Hates Night.
(d) Why the Dog Hates People.
9. Who runs on Riddley's knife the day the men try to lift the object from the hole intact?
(a) Lorna Elswint.
(b) Riddley's father.
(c) The leader of the Bernt Arse pack.
(d) The Hart of the Wood.
10. Why has a large traveling party come to Widders Dump?
(a) To inspect the digging.
(b) To help with a building project at Widders Dump.
(c) To help break up the big thing.
(d) To do a Eusa show.
11. What color are Eusa's eyes in the Goodparley/Orfing show?
(d) He doesn't have eyes, just holes where eyes should be.
12. To whom does the narrator speak when he returns to his home on this first day of the novel?
(a) The chard coal burners.
(b) Littl 2way Digman.
(c) Lorna Elswint, an old tel woman.
(d) The leader of the Bernt Arse pack.
13. What story does the narrator tell in Chapter 1?
(a) The story of his mother's death.
(b) The Eusa story.
(c) His birth story.
(d) The Hart of the Wood.
14. Where does Riddley go to get his scar?
(a) Widders Dump.
(b) Divvy roof.
(c) His shelter.
(d) Lorna Elswint's shelter.
15. In the written Eusa story, who was the Big Man?
(c) Littl Shinynin Man.
(d) Mr. Clevver.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Lorna say bonfires were used for?
2. What huge traveling party arrives at Widders Dump the day after Brooder dies?
3. In the written Eusa Story, what does Mr. Clevver want Eusa to find?
4. What do Goodparley & Orfing do after their Eusa show?
5. Why do the villagers join hands around a fire?
This section contains 607 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)