|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Lorna describe the dog that Riddley killed?
(a) Strong and healthy.
(b) Old and worn out.
(c) Small, but strong.
(d) Brown in color and blind in one eye.
2. What story does the narrator tell in Chapter 1?
(a) The Hart of the Wood.
(b) The Eusa story.
(c) His birth story.
(d) The story of his mother's death.
3. What does Eusa claim in the Goodparley/Eusa show?
(a) That he did not drop bombs.
(b) That he killed Mr. Clevver.
(c) That he never had the knowledge.
(d) That he split the Littl Man.
4. Why does Riddley begin to tell the Eusa story from the time he was 7 or 8?
(a) To show his dad's style.
(b) To compare Eusa stories.
(c) The people of Hows Fent asked him to.
(d) To talk about Littl Salting.
5. Why is the fire made on the night Brooder dies?
(a) To cremate Brooder Walker.
(b) To cremate the dead baby.
(c) To burn the dog that Riddley killed.
(d) To stay warm.
6. Who plays the part of Eusa in the show put on the the Pry Mincer and Wes Mincer?
(d) Belnot Phist.
7. After the fire, what does Riddley accuse Lorna of doing?
(a) Of taking his food;
(b) Of putting something on him.
(c) Of killing the baby.
(d) Of stealing the dog's hide.
8. Who are the characters in the story Riddley remembers from his 7th or 8th year?
(a) Eusa, salting bloak, Littl Shyning Man, and Mr. Clevver.
(b) Eusa and Mr. Clevver.
(c) Punch and Pooty.
(d) Folleree and Folleroo.
9. What did the people of the village sing around the fire on the evening Brooder Walker died?
(a) They didn't sing, they were too sad.
(b) Ode to Master Chaynjis.
(c) Savering Gallack Seas.
(d) An unkown funeral dirge.
10. How many more changes will there be after the atom is split in the written Eusa story?
(a) Five move.
(b) No one knows.
(c) As many as are required.
(d) Hundreds of changes.
11. Which of the Eusa showmen is said to be one who interprets things?
(c) Belnot Phist.
12. What did Chalker Marchman want done with the big thing that killed Riddley's father?
(a) Have it buried.
(b) That it be left alone.
(c) Break it up and melt it down.
(d) Try to lift it out of the hole.
13. What was the reaction to Brooder's connexion for the Eusa story Riddley remembers from childhood?
(a) Goodparley and Orfing came back.
(b) Some people wanted a new connexion man.
(c) The group moved from Crippel the Farn and came to How Fents.
(d) Some people left the community.
14. What is the name of the place that Riddley lives?
(a) Bernt Arse.
(c) How Fents.
(d) Bundel Downs.
15. Who follows Riddley and the other men to Widders Dump the day after his father's death?
(a) Rockman Bessup.
(b) Bernt Arse Pack.
(c) The children from How Fents.
(d) Lorna Elswint.
Short Answer Questions
1. Riddley tells a story from when he was 7 or 8. What happened to Littl Salting when Riddley was young?
2. How are Eusa shows traditionally introduced?
3. What are the children doing the night after the burning?
4. After splitting the atom, Eusa continues to see the Littl Man. How can Eusa get away from the Littl Man?
5. What does Riddley share with those who come to his shelter in Chapter 7?
This section contains 589 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)