|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. On the day the men try to lift the object from the hole intact, what three things does Riddley try to connect?
(a) The deaths of his father, the baby, and the dog.
(b) The deaths of his father, mother, and grandfather.
(c) The crow, the baby, and the dog.
(d) Lorna's tel, the death of his father, and the death of the baby.
2. What does Eusa claim in the Goodparley/Eusa show?
(a) That he killed Mr. Clevver.
(b) That he never had the knowledge.
(c) That he did not drop bombs.
(d) That he split the Littl Man.
3. Why do the villagers join hands around a fire?
(a) To pray for protection from bad luck.
(b) To talk about Brooder's life.
(c) To pray for a good harvest.
(d) To celebrate the killing of the dog.
4. Who says that the Littl Shyning can be put back together the night after Brooder dies?
(d) Belnot Phist.
5. How did Riddley's mother die and how old was he when she died?
(a) She died in childbirth when he was born.
(b) She died from drowning when he was 8.
(c) She died of coughing sickness when he was 5.
(d) She died in a fire when he was 5.
6. Why couldn't the people in Lorna's story get any rest after they obtained the 2nd knowledge?
(a) They were always counting.
(b) They were always harvesting crops.
(c) They were always reading books.
(d) They were always fishing.
7. What is the first thing Riddley talked about when he began his reveal?
(a) Littl Shyning Man.
(b) Eusa's head.
(c) The black cloth with smoke and flames behind Eusa.
(d) Mr. Clevver.
8. The day after he gets his scar, what does Riddley do?
(a) Went to Widders Dump.
(b) Went to work.
(c) Dig in his head for his connexion.
(d) Slept all day.
9. Why is the albino at the digging?
(a) He came to put on a Eusa show.
(b) He needed timber cut for a project he was building at Widders Dump.
(c) He came to pay his respects to Riddley.
(d) He wanted to be sure the big thing was broken up properly.
10. in Lorna's story, how did the man and woman's lives change after they got the 1st knowing?
(a) They built a large boat.
(b) They stopped wandering, settled down, raised animals, and grew crops.
(c) They foraged with the dog.
(d) They made tents and wandered even more than they had before.
11. The night Riddley's father dies, who starts a fire?
(a) The children of the village.
(b) Riddley, Straiter Empy, Reckman Bessup, and Lorna Elswint.
(c) The women of the village.
(d) The people of Widders Dump.
12. How old is the albino?
13. What does Lorna say bonfires were used for?
(a) To celebrate a good harvest.
(b) To call back those who left in the air ships to fetch the people left behind.
(c) To keep everyone warm.
(d) To keep away wild dogs.
14. In the Goodparley/Orfing Eusa show, what part of his body does Eusa say is missing?
(a) His leg.
(b) His head.
(c) His arm.
(d) His hands.
15. What happens to the three people in the narrator's story?
(a) They are struck by lighting.
(b) The child is killed and eaten and the parents are burned by fire.
(c) The child is killed and eaten and the parents leave the next morning.
(d) They freeze to death.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who runs on Riddley's knife the day the men try to lift the object from the hole intact?
2. When Eusa finds a stag, why won't it run from him in the written Eusa story?
3. Where did the people of the village put the head of the dog that Riddley killed?
4. What is the first thing the narrator does in Chapter 1?
5. What happened when the man and woman in Lorna's story looked into the eyes of a goat?
This section contains 714 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)