|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the 1st knowing that Lorna refers to?
(a) They knew the night.
(b) They knew the day.
(c) They learned cleverness.
(d) They knew how to use the dog to help them.
2. How does Lorna describe the dog that Riddley killed?
(a) Old and worn out.
(b) Small, but strong.
(c) Strong and healthy.
(d) Brown in color and blind in one eye.
3. What did Chalker Marchman want done with the big thing that killed Riddley's father?
(a) That it be left alone.
(b) Try to lift it out of the hole.
(c) Break it up and melt it down.
(d) Have it buried.
4. Why couldn't the people in Lorna's story get any rest after they obtained the 2nd knowledge?
(a) They were always harvesting crops.
(b) They were always fishing.
(c) They were always counting.
(d) They were always reading books.
5. What happened when the man and woman in Lorna's story looked into the eyes of a goat?
(a) They lost the dog.
(b) They couldn not build fire any more.
(c) They got cleverness.
(d) They had children.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happened when the people in Lorna's story put in the 1 Big 1?
2. After the people in Lorna's story had the 1st knowing for a while what did they begin to wonder?
3. How did the man and woman in Lorna's story get the 1st knowing?
4. What does Lorna say bonfires were used for?
5. To whom does the narrator speak when he returns to his home on this first day of the novel?
This section contains 359 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)