|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the usual procedure for getting large objects out of holes?
(a) Drop large rocks from a crane and break the object into pieces.
(b) If the object was really large, they simply had to leave it in the hole.
(c) Men would get in the hole with pick axes and break the object apart.
(d) Lift the object out using all the strong men on the work crew.
2. How old is the narrator of the story?
(a) He is sixteen years old.
(b) He is twenty-one today.
(c) He is twelve years old.
(d) He is eighteen today.
3. Who yelled "Fall! Fall! Fall!" while the men were trying to pull the large object out of the hole intact?
(b) Chalker Marchman.
(c) Brooder Walker.
(d) A crow.
4. To whom does the narrator speak when he returns to his home on this first day of the novel?
(a) The chard coal burners.
(b) Lorna Elswint, an old tel woman.
(c) Littl 2way Digman.
(d) The leader of the Bernt Arse pack.
5. What did the leader of the group that was following the narrator look like?
(a) He was a big black and red spotted dog.
(b) He was a small, but powerful, man.
(c) He was a small, deformed lion.
(d) He was a tall, heavily built man.
Short Answer Questions
1. What position will Riddley hold in his village now that his father is dead?
2. Why does the narrator decide to write his story?
3. When Lorna finishes her story, who does Riddley say he always thought was responsible for the 1 Big 1?
4. Who runs on Riddley's knife the day the men try to lift the object from the hole intact?
5. After the people in Lorna's story had the 1st knowing for a while what did they begin to wonder?
This section contains 379 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)