|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Lorna finishes her story, who does Riddley say he always thought was responsible for the 1 Big 1?
(a) Master Chaynjis.
(c) The devil.
2. What is the usual procedure for getting large objects out of holes?
(a) Lift the object out using all the strong men on the work crew.
(b) Men would get in the hole with pick axes and break the object apart.
(c) Drop large rocks from a crane and break the object into pieces.
(d) If the object was really large, they simply had to leave it in the hole.
3. To whom does the narrator speak when he returns to his home on this first day of the novel?
(a) Lorna Elswint, an old tel woman.
(b) The chard coal burners.
(c) Littl 2way Digman.
(d) The leader of the Bernt Arse pack.
4. What do the people in the narrator's story do to get what they need?
(a) Pay gold coins.
(b) Kill a wild boar.
(c) Give their child to be killed.
(d) Search for flint and tinder.
5. How old is the narrator of the story?
(a) He is twenty-one today.
(b) He is sixteen years old.
(c) He is eighteen today.
(d) He is twelve years old.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who runs on Riddley's knife the day the men try to lift the object from the hole intact?
2. How did the man and woman in Lorna's story get the 1st knowing?
3. What is the narrator's name?
4. On the day the men try to lift the object from the hole intact, what three things does Riddley try to connect?
5. Who was following the narrator and his companions on the day the novel begins?
This section contains 365 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)