|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. At what age does Jean get her inheritance?
2. What is Thomas' home port city?
3. Who is the man who bullies Thomas on the ship?
4. Which of the following is not one of the reasons Billy gives for his current unhappiness?
(a) Colin's death
(b) His father's drinking habits
(c) He does not fit in at the school
(d) He is failing in his classes
5. Where does Thomas take his mother when he visits?
(a) To a museum
(b) To the grocery
(c) On a tour of the town
(d) To the mall
6. What business does Rudolph decide to buy?
(a) Sports team
(c) Coffee shop
7. What does Jean destroy in a drunken rage?
(b) Camera equipment
8. What day is it in Part 4, Chapter 5?
(a) New Year's Day
(b) First day of summer
(c) Gretchen's 40th birthday
(d) Christmas Day
9. What year is it in Part 4, Chapter 1?
10. Who is the man who befriends Thomas on the ship?
11. Where does Thomas' manager advise him to get a job?
(a) In a meatpacking plant
(b) In a casino
(c) On a ship
(d) In a bakery
12. Where are Rudolph and Jean living in Part 4, Chapter 2?
13. For what has Teresa been arrested several times?
(b) Writing bad checks
(d) Possession of a weapon
14. Why is Thomas intent on making a living at sea?
(a) He is hiding from the mob
(b) He wants to become a shipping magnate
(c) He has always loved the water
(d) He wants to build ships
15. How old is Thomas' son at this point?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Rudolph find all over Jean's room to serve as an answer to his proposal?
2. What does Jean say when Rudolph asks her to marry him?
3. Where does Thomas find his son?
4. What industry does Gretchen work in?
5. What is the name of Gretchen's new husband?
This section contains 343 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)