|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where do Rudolph and Jean go on their honeymoon?
2. What does Thomas do when he learns that the mob heat is off?
(a) Celebrates by buying a new boat
(b) Calls his son
(c) Gets drunk
(d) Flies to New York
3. In what city will Billy be going to boarding school?
(c) New York
4. Where is Jean when Thomas visits with Rudolph?
5. What does Jean say when Rudolph asks her to marry him?
(c) Someone else has also proposed to her
(d) She'll think about it
6. Why is Thomas unable to find out whether the mob is still after him?
(a) He can't get cell reception
(b) Pappy is dead
(c) The e-mails keep bouncing back
(d) The letters are lost
7. Where does Thomas take his mother when he visits?
(a) On a tour of the town
(b) To the mall
(c) To a museum
(d) To the grocery
8. What is the name of Thomas' son?
9. Where does Thomas find his son?
(a) Military school
(b) At the library
(c) In a street gang
(d) In the hospital
10. How much does Rudolph pay Thomas' old manager for information?
11. What does Thomas do to his sparring partner?
(a) Shoots him
(b) Breaks his jaw
(c) Stabs him
(d) Breaks his nose
12. Where do Thomas and Dwyer see many beautiful pleasure boats?
13. What year is it in Part 4, Chapter 1?
14. Why is Thomas intent on making a living at sea?
(a) He wants to become a shipping magnate
(b) He is hiding from the mob
(c) He has always loved the water
(d) He wants to build ships
15. Where is Rudolph when Gretchen reads a letter from him?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Rudolph engage to help Gretchen get a divorce?
2. What is Thomas' home port city?
3. How old is Thomas' son at this point?
4. What does Rudolph find all over Jean's room to serve as an answer to his proposal?
5. Which of the following is not one of the reasons Billy gives for his current unhappiness?
This section contains 368 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)