|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Gretchen doing in her life at this point?
(a) Traveling around the world
(b) Raising more children
(c) Working as a model
(d) Studying for a degree
2. Who is Gretchen's new lover?
(a) Sam Kinnison
(b) Evans Kennison
(c) Jim Kinsella
(d) Evans Kinsella
3. Who is the man who bullies Thomas on the ship?
4. Where does Thomas take his son to live?
5. Where does Thomas find his son?
(a) In a street gang
(b) Military school
(c) At the library
(d) In the hospital
6. Where is Gretchen living with her son in Part 3, Chapter 1?
(a) New York
(c) Los Angeles
7. What is the name of Thomas' son?
8. What is the name of Gretchen's new husband?
9. Gretchen feels that ____________ is taking over her life.
10. What does Thomas realize that Rudolph does not have?
(a) A good suit
(b) A house
(c) A car
(d) A girlfriend
11. Where does Thomas take his mother when he visits?
(a) To the mall
(b) To a museum
(c) To the grocery
(d) On a tour of the town
12. What is the name of the student who sexually attacks Gretchen?
13. To what city is Rudolph headed in Part 4, Chapter 6?
(a) San Antonio
14. What is the message that Rudolph gets while in Europe?
(a) Thomas wants to see him
(b) Mr. Calderwood has died
(c) Gretchen has remarried
(d) Mary is dying
15. What does Mr. Calderwood accuse Rudolph of?
(a) Discriminatory hiring practices
(b) Seducing his daughter
(c) Sexual harrassment at the store
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Thomas unable to find out whether the mob is still after him?
2. Gretchen now has no husband and no ______________.
3. What were Mary's last words?
4. What does Thomas request of Rudolph?
5. What is consuming Gretchen's life in Part 3, Chapter 4?
This section contains 360 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)