|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who gets Thomas a job on a ship soon after he returns to New York?
2. What is consuming Gretchen's life in Part 3, Chapter 4?
(a) Issues related to Colin's death
(b) Getting a job
(c) Getting a college degree
(d) Losing weight
3. Who does Rudolph introduce to Gretchen as the assistant store manager?
(a) Bradley Whitfield
(b) Bryant Hall
(c) Bradford Knight
(d) Brian Bane
4. What were Mary's last words?
(a) I'm sorry for not being a better mother
(b) Tell Axel I forgive him
(c) Don't forget me
(d) Take care of each other
5. Why is Thomas unable to find out whether the mob is still after him?
(a) The letters are lost
(b) Pappy is dead
(c) He can't get cell reception
(d) The e-mails keep bouncing back
6. What does Thomas do when he learns that the mob heat is off?
(a) Gets drunk
(b) Flies to New York
(c) Celebrates by buying a new boat
(d) Calls his son
7. Gretchen now has no husband and no ______________.
8. What does Thomas do with his boat?
(a) Hosts fishing charters
(b) Gives pleasure cruises to rich people
(c) It is for his pleasure only
(d) Has a fishing business
9. Why do Rudolph and Thomas not make it back in time to see Mary before she died?
(a) They were picked up for speeding
(b) They got lost
(c) They were stuck in traffic
(d) They were drinking
10. What has Gretchen learned about Thomas?
(a) He is boxing again
(b) He has died
(c) He has remarried
(d) He and Dwyer bought a boat
11. What does Thomas name his boat?
12. What does the man in #123 help Thomas to do?
(a) Learn Morse code
(b) Tie different knots
(c) Study for his third mate papers
(d) Learn to cook
13. Where is Rudolph when Gretchen reads a letter from him?
14. What is the name of Thomas' son?
15. With whom is Gretchen fighting in the issues over her husband's death?
(d) Colin's ex-wife
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Pappy give Thomas when the ship returns to New York?
2. Where does Thomas take his son to live?
3. What is the state of Thomas' career in Part 3, Chapter 2?
4. What news does Gretchen receive in her hotel room?
5. Where does Thomas' manager advise him to get a job?
This section contains 439 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)