|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Jean destroy in a drunken rage?
(c) Camera equipment
2. For what has Teresa been arrested several times?
(a) Possession of a weapon
(b) Writing bad checks
3. What day is it in Part 4, Chapter 5?
(a) Christmas Day
(b) New Year's Day
(c) First day of summer
(d) Gretchen's 40th birthday
4. What is consuming Gretchen's life in Part 3, Chapter 4?
(a) Getting a job
(b) Issues related to Colin's death
(c) Losing weight
(d) Getting a college degree
5. What is the state of Rudolph's employment?
(a) He is starting his own business
(b) He is retiring soon
(c) He is CEO
(d) He has changed professions
6. Where is Gretchen living with her son in Part 3, Chapter 1?
(b) New York
(d) Los Angeles
7. Where does Rudolph keep an apartment?
(d) New York
8. What is Thomas' home port city?
9. What does the man in #123 help Thomas to do?
(a) Tie different knots
(b) Learn Morse code
(c) Study for his third mate papers
(d) Learn to cook
10. Colin did not have ________________ before he died.
(a) A child
(b) An insurance policy
(c) A lot of money
(d) A will
11. What news does Gretchen receive in her hotel room?
(a) Thomas has been hit by a bus
(b) Willie has hanged himself
(c) Billy was beaten up at school
(d) Her husband was killed in a car accident
12. Where is Rudolph when Gretchen reads a letter from him?
13. At what age does Jean get her inheritance?
14. What does Thomas request that Rudolph find for him?
(a) Some rare books
(b) Old photographs
(c) Vintage brandy
(d) His son
15. Where are Rudolph and Jean living in Part 4, Chapter 2?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Gretchen's new lover?
2. Who gets Thomas a job on a ship soon after he returns to New York?
3. What offer does Virginia Calderwood continue to make to Rudolph?
4. Who is the only person who remembers Gretchen's birthday?
5. Who does Rudolph visit because he suspects mishandling of money?
This section contains 350 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)