|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is consuming Gretchen's life in Part 3, Chapter 4?
(a) Getting a job
(b) Issues related to Colin's death
(c) Getting a college degree
(d) Losing weight
2. What does Mr. Calderwood accuse Rudolph of?
(a) Seducing his daughter
(b) Discriminatory hiring practices
(d) Sexual harrassment at the store
3. How much does Rudolph pay Thomas' old manager for information?
4. What does Rudolph buy Thomas for a wedding gift?
(a) New car
(b) IBM stock
(c) Radar for the ship
(d) New house
5. Where is Gretchen living with her son in Part 3, Chapter 1?
(a) Los Angeles
(d) New York
6. What is Gretchen anxious to do?
(a) Visit Billy
(b) Move out of her house
(c) Get her degree
(d) Find another husband
7. What does Thomas do for work now?
(b) Retail sales
(c) Sparring partner
(d) Real estate
8. What does Thomas realize that Rudolph does not have?
(a) A girlfriend
(b) A good suit
(c) A house
(d) A car
9. What does Thomas receive from his mother?
(a) Old photographs
(b) Copy of a will
(c) Party invitation
(d) A letter
10. What does Thomas name his boat?
11. Where does Thomas take his mother when he visits?
(a) To the mall
(b) To the grocery
(c) To a museum
(d) On a tour of the town
12. With whom is Thomas having an affair?
(a) His secretary
(b) His sparring partner's wife
(c) His neighbor
(d) His sister-in-law
13. Where was the match that essentially ended Thomas' career?
14. Where does Thomas plan to go with Dwyer?
15. Where does Thomas marry Kate?
(b) New York
Short Answer Questions
1. What do Rudolph and Jean name their daughter?
2. What does Thomas remind Gretchen not to do?
3. Gretchen feels that ____________ is taking over her life.
4. Which of the following is not one of the reasons Billy gives for his current unhappiness?
5. What is the message that Rudolph gets while in Europe?
This section contains 351 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)