|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Andi pass on the way home?
2. Who is waiting for Andi when she returns from the party?
3. What does Andi break as she is waiting for dinner?
4. Why does the headmistress pull Andi aside at school?
5. What causes Alex's father to become excited and wish to return to Paris?
Short Essay Questions
1. What story does G tell Andi about the French Revolution when she meets him?
2. What does Andi discover inside the guitar case?
3. What happens to Alex after the royal family is taken prisoner?
4. Why does G give Andi the guitar she finds in his house?
5. How does Andi's guitar allow her to make money and meet a new friend?
6. Why is Andi drawn to the guitar at G's house?
7. What happens to Alex once she and her family move to the French city of Versailles?
8. Alex and her family are unhappy with the king, so why does she take the job the queen offers?
9. Why do fireworks make Louis-Charles both happy and sad?
10. What happens between Andi and Nick at Nick's party?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Alex is the Green Man from the newspaper clippings. Why has she become the Green Man? What is her purpose as the Green Man? What does her masquerade say about her relationship with the prince? How might her Green Man identity put her in danger.
Essay Topic 2
Virgil and Andi are beginning to form a romantic connection. However, their relationship becomes complicated by two very different kisses.
1) Why does Virgil kissing Andi cause their budding relationship to stall?
2) How does Andi seeing Virgil kiss a girl at the club change their relationship?
3) How are these circumstances resolved?
Essay Topic 3
As Alex's story unfolds it becomes clear that the Duc d' Orleans is a formidable antagonist.
1) Who is the Duc.
2) What does he want?
3) How does he use Alex's relationship with the prince to his advantage?
4) What role does the Duc play in the Terror of September 1792?
5) What happens to the Duc as the revolution moves forward?
This section contains 795 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)