|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Alex's family have to perform to earn money?
2. What causes Alex's father to become excited and wish to return to Paris?
3. Where does Andi's father want to put her mother?
4. What was Alex doing in May 1795 when she was almost caught by guards?
5. What happens while Andi is playing guitar by the river?
Short Essay Questions
1. Alex and her family are unhappy with the king, so why does she take the job the queen offers?
2. What is the relationship like between Andi and her mother as the book opens?
3. What do Andi and her father begin to argue about when they arrive in Paris?
4. What happens between Andi and Nick at Nick's party?
5. What happens to Alex once she and her family move to the French city of Versailles?
6. What story does G tell Andi about the French Revolution when she meets him?
7. How does Andi's guitar allow her to make money and meet a new friend?
8. What does Andi discover inside the guitar case?
9. What happens at the castle that shows the depth of Alex's feelings for the prince?
10. What happens to Alex after the royal family is taken prisoner?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Alex is the Green Man from the newspaper clippings. Why has she become the Green Man? What is her purpose as the Green Man? What does her masquerade say about her relationship with the prince? How might her Green Man identity put her in danger.
Essay Topic 2
Andi and her friend Nick have a complicated relationship. So far the reader is unsure about why their relationship is so strained, but it is known that it has to do with Andi's brother.
1) How does Nick convince Andi to come to the party he is having?
2) Why does Andi decide to go?
3) What happens on the roof of Nick's house?
4) Why is Nick's girlfriend upset by what she sees on the roof? How has she misunderstood the situation?
Essay Topic 3
1) How does Andi's story of her brother's death parallel Alex's story of the fate of Louis-Charles?
2) Did Andi cause her brothers death? How did she contribute to it?
3) Did Alex cause Louis-Charles' death? How did she contribute to it?
4) Was either girl able to make up for the harm they caused? If so, how?
5) How is Andi's discovery of Alex's diary fate?
This section contains 886 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)