|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Alex witness on the night of September 2, 1792?
(a) The massacre of French nobles.
(b) The death of Bonaparte.
(c) The Duc killing the king.
(d) The liberation of Paris from the Germans.
2. What did the Duc do to Alex when he learned of her deception?
(a) He threw her in jail.
(b) He killed her.
(c) He beat her.
(d) He laughed at her.
3. What did the Duc d' Orleans do when he found Alex?
(a) Charged her with theft.
(b) Beat her with his cane.
(c) Imprisoned her in the Temple.
(d) Transformed her into a boy.
4. What does Virgil surprise Andi with as they wait for the sun to rise?
(a) A song.
(b) A picnic.
(c) A diary.
(d) A present.
5. What happens to Andi as they attempt to enter the catacombs?
(a) She see ghosts.
(b) She is almost hit by a train.
(c) She is chased by guards.
(d) She falls and must be carried by Virgil.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Andi nearly lose Virgil and his friends in the tunnels?
2. What is hidden in the guitar case?
3. What happens when Andi gets separated from the tour group?
4. What does Andi use as a guide?
5. Who is Andi's father expected to report this news to?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who is the girl Andi saw Virgil kiss at Remy's?
2. What choice is Alex faced with after the queen gives her the guitar?
3. What happens between Virgil and Andi when they go on a date?
4. What does the Duc d' Orleans want from Alex?
5. Why was the royal family moved to the Temple?
6. What has helped Andi come out of her depression somewhat?
7. What happens to Andi in the catacombs that finally convinces her she wants to live?
8. What happened to Truman?
9. What is ironic about the death of the Duc d' Orleans?
10. What does Alex see that keeps her from abandoning the Louis-Charles and fleeing Paris?
This section contains 725 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)