|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is waiting for Andi when she returns home?
(a) Her father.
2. What does Andi pass on the way home?
(a) Her favorite record store.
(b) The place where her brother was killed.
(c) Her ex-boyfriend's house.
(d) The place she last saw her father.
3. Who is the Green Man?
(d) The Duc d' Orleans.
4. What type of building does her father's friend live in?
(a) A modern museum.
(b) A loft.
(c) A deserted factory.
(d) A condo.
5. What type of music does Virgil perform?
6. Who is the king's cousin?
(a) The Duc d' Orleans.
(b) The Comte d' Arlis.
(d) Alex's father.
7. What is worrying Alex in this journal entry?
(a) She thinks someone is watching her.
(b) She is worried the Dauphin will be killed.
(c) She is afraid of being murdered.
(d) She thinks her mother may die.
8. Why is Alex's family having a hard time making money?
(a) The king and queen have imprisoned her father.
(b) They have lost everything they own in a fire.
(c) Her father has left their family for another woman.
(d) The king's censors will not allow her father's plays to be performed.
9. What was Alex doing in May 1795 when she was almost caught by guards?
(b) Lighting fireworks for the Dauphin.
(c) Stealing a ring from the Duc d' Orleans.
(d) Performing an illegal play.
10. Who does Andi run into while waiting in line for the catacombs?
(c) Her mother.
11. Where is Andi invited to play her guitar?
(a) In a recording studio.
(b) At a small club.
(c) In a museum.
(d) At a rock concert.
12. What happened to Alex and her family after the siege on the palace?
(a) They were imprisoned.
(b) They lost their jobs.
(c) They were branded as traitors to the Crown.
(d) They were beaten.
13. When is Alexandrine writing her diary?
(a) Twenty years in the future.
(b) In the days after the French Revolution.
(c) In the days before the French Revolution.
(d) Twenty years earlier.
14. Why is there tension between Andi and her father?
(a) Her father doesn't care that Truman is dead.
(b) Her father doesn't like her very much.
(c) Her father placed her mother in a mental hospital.
(d) Her father yells a lot.
15. Why did Alex's family move to Versailles?
(a) They were hoping to become more prosperous.
(b) They were hoping Alex would marry the prince.
(c) They were hoping to work at the palace.
(d) They were hoping to meet the king.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Andi find in the bottom of the guitar case?
2. Who does Andi discuss music with while she is skipping school?
3. What troubles do Andi and her father run into at the airport?
4. Who is Nick's godfather?
5. Who does Andi talk to by the river?
This section contains 496 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)