|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who locked up the young Louis-Charles during the revolution?
(a) Louis XVI.
(b) His mother.
(d) The king and queen.
2. What happened in the years following the French Revolution?
(a) France dissolved and was taken over by the English.
(b) Louis-Charles ascended the throne.
(c) Many came forward claiming to be Louis-Charles.
(d) Many people wished to see the heart buried.
3. Who is waiting for Andi when she returns home?
(d) Her father.
4. What does Alex's family have to perform to earn money?
(a) Puppet shows.
(b) Juggling acts.
5. What was Alex doing in May 1795 when she was almost caught by guards?
(a) Stealing a ring from the Duc d' Orleans.
(b) Performing an illegal play.
(c) Lighting fireworks for the Dauphin.
6. Who does Andi read about all morning?
(c) Marie Antionette.
7. What type of music does Virgil perform?
8. Who does Andie meet by the Eiffel Tower?
(a) Jackie, a lonely girl.
(b) Jakob, a model.
(c) Jules, a fellow musician.
(d) Julie, a writer.
9. Where does Andi go after she argues with her father?
(a) To school.
(b) Her mother's house.
(c) Vijay's house.
(d) Nick's house.
10. Why has returning to Paris been difficult for Alex and her family?
(a) Their home was destroyed in the riots.
(b) They still have no work.
(c) Her sister lost her baby.
(d) They are looked upon as traitors.
11. How does Andi's father feel about her interest in music?
(a) He loves it.
(b) He is very proud.
(c) He doesn't care about her interest in music one way or the other.
(d) She is wasting her time.
12. Why is Andi asked to leave the library?
(a) She begins to cry.
(b) She is singing too loud.
(c) Other patrons don't like her.
(d) Her cell phone rings.
13. What did Andi leave in Virgil's car?
(a) Her iPod.
(b) Her guitar.
(c) Her iPhone.
(d) The diary.
14. How long ago did Andi's brother die?
(a) Five years ago.
(b) Two years ago.
(c) Ten years ago.
(d) Three years ago.
15. What does Andi discover when she tries to buy lunch?
(a) She only has US dollars.
(b) Her account is overdrawn.
(c) Her debit card has been cut off.
(d) She doesn't have any Euros.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is waiting for Andi when she returns from the party?
2. Who is going to be on TV talking about Louis-Charles' heart?
3. What does Andi break as she is waiting for dinner?
4. Why do fireworks make Louis-Charles sad?
5. Where does Alex perform when she returns to Paris?
This section contains 441 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)