|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where are the women of the town discussing this piece of information that they know following the arrival at the Penn farml?
(a) At church.
(b) At each other's houses.
(c) In the streets.
(d) In the store.
2. Who tells the townspeople about what they discuss in Section 4?
(a) The men Adonriam hired to work for him.
3. What is the best description of how Sammy and Nanny feel about Mother as they await their Father's return?
(a) Angry with their Mother for standing up to their Father.
(b) Proud of their Mother for standing up to their Father.
(c) Irritated with their Mother.
(d) They don't care one way or the other what their mother does.
4. What is the best description of Mother as she waits for Father's return to the farm?
(a) Dissheveled and exhausted from moving.
(b) No where to be found.
(c) Dirty from working the new cows in the new barn.
(d) Cleaned up and dressed in a new calico.
5. What does Father tell Mother might arrive while he is gone?
Short Answer Questions
1. As Mother reacts to the arrival at the farm, who is watching her?
2. What is the best description of Father's attitude as he gives the directions about an arrival during his time away from the farm?
3. By 5:00 on the night of the arrival at the farm, what is the best description of the old house?
4. What does Mother tell Sammy to do following the arrival at the farm?
5. In Section 5, what does Mother tell Father about the old house?
This section contains 337 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)