|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Section 5, what does Mother tell Father about the old house?
(a) It is in no condition to live in anymore.
(b) It is too ugly to live in.
(c) It will be fine to move back into after the wedding.
(d) It is not big enough for Nanny's wedding.
2. Which of the following details does Mother do for Father before he embarks on his trip?
(a) She puts on his shoes.
(b) She harnesses the horse.
(c) She puts on his jacket.
(d) She buttons his collar.
3. What interferes with Father's plan in Section 3?
(a) He has to go away for the morning.
(b) He has to go away for the afternoon.
(c) He has to go away for an hour.
(d) He has to go out of town unexpectedly.
4. Who is waiting for Father to return from his time away?
(a) The church elders.
(b) His in-laws.
(c) The minister's family.
(d) A group of men.
5. What does Father wonder as he looks at his family following his return to the farm?
(a) Why the minister is there.
(b) Why they are in the new barn and not at the house.
(c) Why the men are watching him.
(d) Why dinner is not ready.
Short Answer Questions
1. What characteristic is Sammy trying to show as he speaks to his father in Section 5?
2. What is the best description of Nanny as she awaits Father's return to the farm?
3. What does Mother have to do for Father as Sammy takes the horse away following Father's return?
4. What does Mother do when she sees the arrival at the farm?
5. What is the state of Mother's mind after Father leaves the farm?
This section contains 364 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)