|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the statement Mother makes to Nanny after Father leaves on his trip?
(a) Children, obey your parents in the Lord, for this is right.
(b) The Lord giveth and the Lord taketh away.
(c) Children are a blessing from the Lord.
(d) Unsolicited opportunities are the guideposts of the Lord to the new roads of life.
2. What is the best description of Mother as she waits for Father's return to the farm?
(a) Dissheveled and exhausted from moving.
(b) Dirty from working the new cows in the new barn.
(c) Cleaned up and dressed in a new calico.
(d) No where to be found.
3. There is an underlying attitude that the author provides as Father gives the directions for while he is away on his trip. What is that underlying attitude?
(a) Pretending to be apologetic.
(b) Fighting being apologetic.
(c) Embarrassed about being remorseful.
(d) Fine being apologetic.
4. The person who asks mother what she's doing in Section 4 begins to ______ while asking her question.
(c) Help mother.
5. What does Father tell Mother at the end of the story what he will do to the barn?
(b) Anything she wants.
(c) He says he is moving the animals in there and they will have to move back into the house.
(d) Whatever Nanny wants.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Mother asks Father to say a blessing before the meal, what does he do?
2. Where is Father going when he leaves the farm?
3. As Father approaches the farm after his trip, what are Nanny and Sammy doing?
4. Based on the statement that Mother makes to Nanny after Father leaves the farm, from whom is she receiving direction for her thoughts?
5. Based on the statement Mother makes after Father leaves, what does Mother believe she has in his absence?
This section contains 351 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)