|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Father's favorite kind of pie?
2. What information does Sammy give Mother that she is unaware of?
(a) He has been aware that Father plans to build a house.
(b) He has known that Father plans to build a school.
(c) He has known that Father plans to build a barn.
(d) He has been aware that Father is making a cemetery.
3. In Section 2, where does Nanny suggest that she be married?
(a) At a friend's house.
(b) In the new barn.
(c) In her fiance's house.
(d) In their current house and be happy.
4. What is the best description of the goal that the protagonist accomplishes?
(a) It is rare in Ancient times for a wife to see her husband's point of view.
(b) It is rare in the mid-1800s for a husband to see his wife's point of view.
(c) It is rare in the mid-1700s for a husband to see his wife's point of view.
(d) It is rare in modern times for a wife to see her husband's point of view.
5. What has Nanny Penn been doing during her parents' discussion about men digging in the field?
(a) Spying on her parents' discussion.
(b) Watching the men dig in the field.
(c) Working on her needlepoint.
(d) Watching her brother work.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Mother watches the men digging in the field, what does she ask Father?
2. What is the second thing Mother asks of Father once the bantering is over?
3. During what time in history is "The Revolt of 'Mother'" set?
4. Who is the author of this story?
5. When Father answers Mother's question about what they are digging for, what is his response?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Mother think she has a right to be disturbed about Father's building another barn?
2. What is the scene and what is said when Father opens the barn doors after arriving home from his trip?
3. Mother makes the following comment to Nanny: "Unsolicited opportunities are the guideposts of the Lord to the new roads of life." What does Mother mean by this statement?
4. Why or why not do you think that Father finds Mother's decision acceptable?
5. How are Nanny and Sammy feeling as their father returns from his trip?
6. What is Nanny's reaction to her mother's venting?
7. Toward the end of her confrontation with Father, what does Mother say in anger to try to convince Father that he is wrong to build a barn?
8. Does the author let the reader know whether the main character's decision coincides with her own morality? Explain.
9. How does Mother explain the decision that she made during Father's absence to him?
10. At the end of the day that Mother implements the decision she makes in Father's absense, what is the condition of the new barn and the old house?
This section contains 915 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)