|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. As Mother is watched during her reaction to the arrival at the farm, what best describes the reaction of the individuals watching her?
2. What does Father wonder as he looks at his family following his return to the farm?
(a) Why they are in the new barn and not at the house.
(b) Why the men are watching him.
(c) Why the minister is there.
(d) Why dinner is not ready.
3. What arrives at 11:00 in the morning in Section 4?
(a) The hay cart.
(b) Carpet for the new house.
(c) The new cows.
(d) Wood for the new barn.
4. By 5:00 on the night of the arrival at the farm, what is the best description of the old house?
(a) It is messy.
(b) It is the same as it was that morning.
(c) It is torn down.
(d) It is empty.
5. What does Mother do after Father leaves on his trip?
(a) She cries.
(b) She works.
(c) She whines.
(d) She rests.
6. What is the best description of how Father looks as he listens to Sammy after he has returned to the farm?
7. As Mother reacts to the arrival at the farm, who is watching her?
(a) Father and Sammy.
(b) Sammy and Nanny.
(c) The field workers.
(d) The neighbors.
8. What does Father tell Mother might arrive while he is gone?
9. What is Father's reaction when he hears what Sammy has to say after his return to the farm?
(a) He wants to know what it all means.
(b) He wonders if Mother is mad.
(c) He wonders if Nanny is still getting married.
(d) He asks when dinner will be ready.
10. What do some of the people think about the gossip news in Section 4?
(a) They fear Mother.
(b) They think Mother is amazing.
(c) They admire Mother.
(d) They think Mother has lost her mind.
11. What is Father's reaction when he first arrives on the farm?
12. Who tells the townspeople about what they discuss in Section 4?
(d) The men Adonriam hired to work for him.
13. About what was the visitor astonished?
(a) How small the new barn is.
(b) Mother's lack of concern about what people think of her decision.
(c) Mother's superior ability to recite Scripture.
(d) How beautiful the new house looks.
14. What interferes with Father's plan in Section 3?
(a) He has to go out of town unexpectedly.
(b) He has to go away for an hour.
(c) He has to go away for the afternoon.
(d) He has to go away for the morning.
15. Whom does Father say should help with the arrival at the farm while he is gone on his trip?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the reason for the visit by the individual who goes to see Mother?
2. With what emotion does Father respond to Mother's statement in Section 5 about the old house?
3. What does Mother say to Father as he leaves on his trip away from the farm?
4. Who comes to visit Mother?
5. What is the best description of Nanny as she awaits Father's return to the farm?
This section contains 579 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)