|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After speaking outside with Father about the men digging, to where does Mother look?
(a) To her friend's house, which is much larger than her house.
(b) From the spot of the new barn to her existing house.
(c) At the site of the barn and realizes Father is correct.
(d) From the old barn to the new barn and wonders why they need a new barn.
2. After Mother asks Sammy the question, what does she do to Sammy?
(a) Scolds him.
(b) Hugs him.
(c) Throws him out of the house.
(d) Makes him stand in the corner until his father arrives home.
3. At first, how does Sammy respond to Mother's second question?
(a) By yelling at her.
(b) By ignoring her.
(c) By storming out of the house.
(d) By answering her.
4. What does the protagonist NOT defy?
(a) His friends' concept of what is morally right.
(b) His children's concept of what is morally right.
(c) Her husband's concept of what is morally right.
(d) Her own concept of what is morally right.
5. In Section 2, where does Nanny suggest that she be married?
(a) In the new barn.
(b) At a friend's house.
(c) In her fiance's house.
(d) In their current house and be happy.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the best description of the story with regard to the author's writing work?
2. When Sammy leaves in Section 2, where does Nanny go?
3. What is Mother's reaction to why the men are digging?
4. What does Sammy do after Mother asks him her question?
5. What is Mother's attitude after she hears Sammy's response to her second question?
This section contains 407 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)