|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After she voices her opinion on the state of the house and barn, what is Mother's reaction to Father's response?
(a) She is content.
(b) She is silent.
(c) She is happy.
(d) She is extremely angry.
2. From the introduction, how does the reader know that the protagonist will defy social convention?
(a) He goes against his wife's will.
(b) He goes against his children's will.
(c) She goes against her husband's will.
(d) She goes against her daughter's will.
3. Finally, what answer does Father give Mother about why the men are digging in the field?
(a) They are digging a cellar for the new barn.
(b) They are digging a cellar for the new house.
(c) They are digging a ditch so that water can reach the crops.
(d) They are digging a field for the new cows.
4. How does Sammy finally respond to Mother's second question?
(a) Sammy decide to go find his father to deal with this situation.
(b) Sammy continues to ignore his mother, despite the scolding.
(c) He says that Father plans to buy more cows.
(d) He says that Father is not planning to buy more cows.
5. What was the promise that Father made to Mother?
(a) He would buy a new carriage.
(b) He would build her a new barn.
(c) He would buy a new horse.
(d) He would build her a new house.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Mother's attitude after she hears Sammy's response to her second question?
2. After Sammy's response to Mother's second question, what happens?
3. What is the best description of Mother's assessment of her own attitude toward their house?
4. What has Nanny Penn been doing during her parents' discussion about men digging in the field?
5. As Mother remembers the promise that Father made to her, which of the following best describes her demeanor?
This section contains 481 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)