|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What answer does Mother give to Nanny's question about what the men are digging for?
(a) A cellar for a new barn.
(b) The cellar for a new house.
(c) A place to put a new house.
(d) A grave.
2. As the story begins, when does Mother say she will return to the house?
(a) When Sammy arrives home.
(b) When Father tells her to return to the house.
(c) When Father tells her why the minister is there.
(d) When Father tells her why the men are digging.
3. When Father answers Mother's question about what they are digging for, what is his response?
(a) He is building a new barn.
(b) He wishes she would go build a new house herself.
(c) He wishes she would go into the house and tend to her own affairs.
(d) He is building a new house.
4. What is Sammy Penn doing when Mother goes back into the house?
(a) Reading a book.
(b) Combing his hair.
(c) Eating supper.
(d) Making dinner.
5. What does Nanny's confusion regarding the reason to why men are digging in the field center upon?
(a) A new house.
(b) A cemetery.
(c) Another barn.
(d) A ditch.
Short Answer Questions
1. Mother's attitude changes after Sammy provides her with information. What is the best description of this changed attitude?
2. What is the best description of the current state of the barn that exists on the farm?
3. What has Nanny Penn been doing during her parents' discussion about men digging in the field?
4. Which of the following makes "The Revolt of 'Mother'" atypical of the author's usual writing style?
5. Which of the following is the best description of the protagonist?
This section contains 402 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)