|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the best description of the current state of the barn that exists on the farm?
(a) Fine condition for the animals and better condition than their house.
(b) Terrible condition, similar to the state of the house.
(c) Fine condition for the animals, but the house is in better condition than the barn.
(d) Terrible condition, and animals are in danger of being hurt.
2. What has Nanny Penn been doing during her parents' discussion about men digging in the field?
(a) Watching her brother work.
(b) Watching the men dig in the field.
(c) Spying on her parents' discussion.
(d) Working on her needlepoint.
3. When Nanny hears Mother's answer for why the men are digging, what is her reaction?
4. What does Mother ask Sammy when she goes back into the house after learning the reason for the digging?
(a) If he was aware that his father was planning to build a new house.
(b) If he wants more supper.
(c) If he was aware that his father was planning to build a new barn.
(d) What his book is about.
5. During what time in history is "The Revolt of 'Mother'" set?
(a) Ancient times.
(b) The mid-1800s.
(c) The mid-1700s.
(d) Modern times.
Short Answer Questions
1. What answer does Mother give to Nanny's question about what the men are digging for?
2. Who is the main female character?
3. What does Nanny's confusion regarding the reason to why men are digging in the field center upon?
4. What does Sammy do after Mother asks him her question?
5. Which of the following makes "The Revolt of 'Mother'" atypical of the author's usual writing style?
This section contains 341 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)