|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the second thing Mother asks of Father once the bantering is over?
(a) If he is planning to hire more workers.
(b) If he is planning to buy more horses.
(c) If he is planning to buy more pigs.
(d) If he is planning to buy more cows.
2. Finally, what answer does Father give Mother about why the men are digging in the field?
(a) They are digging a field for the new cows.
(b) They are digging a ditch so that water can reach the crops.
(c) They are digging a cellar for the new house.
(d) They are digging a cellar for the new barn.
3. Considering the statement Mother makes after Father leaves the farm, to where does Mother believe their family is headed?
(a) To happier times.
(b) To better obedience from the children.
(c) To times of blessing.
(d) On a new road of life.
4. What does Mother say to Father as he leaves on his trip away from the farm?
(a) She says she loves him.
(b) She bids him farewell.
(c) She say to give her brother her regards.
(d) She tells him not to come back until he agrees to build the barn.
5. What is the statement Mother makes to Nanny after Father leaves on his trip?
(a) Children are a blessing from the Lord.
(b) Unsolicited opportunities are the guideposts of the Lord to the new roads of life.
(c) The Lord giveth and the Lord taketh away.
(d) Children, obey your parents in the Lord, for this is right.
Short Answer Questions
1. From the introduction, what does the reader know about the main character?
2. After Mother receives information from Sammy, what does she spend the day doing?
3. How does Father respond to Mother's two questions following the bantering scene?
4. Who is the main female character?
5. What does Mother ask Sammy when she goes back into the house after learning the reason for the digging?
This section contains 418 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)