|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. During what time in history is "The Revolt of 'Mother'" set?
(a) The mid-1800s.
(b) Ancient times.
(c) Modern times.
(d) The mid-1700s.
2. Once the bantering between Mother and Father is over, what does Mother ask?
(a) Why Father is buying another horse.
(b) Why Father is building another house.
(c) Why Father is building another barn.
(d) Why Father is building another cemetery.
3. What, specifically, does Mother do all day in Section 2?
(a) Sleeps all day and all night.
(b) Buys things that she needs for her new house.
(c) Cleans house and bakes pies.
(d) Works cattle.
4. In Section 2, where does Nanny suggest that she be married?
(a) In their current house and be happy.
(b) In the new barn.
(c) In her fiance's house.
(d) At a friend's house.
5. When is the new construction on the farm finished?
(a) In a year.
(b) In a week.
(d) In a long time.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Section 3, to whom does Father say something about Mother's reaction to the house and barn?
2. Finally, what answer does Father give Mother about why the men are digging in the field?
3. What is the reason given in the introduction for the protagonist's actions?
4. How does Mother cope with Sammy's information?
5. What information does Sammy give Mother that she is unaware of?
This section contains 331 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)