|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Section 3, to whom does Father say something about Mother's reaction to the house and barn?
(b) His brother-in-law.
(c) The minister.
2. When Father answers Mother's question about what they are digging for, what is his response?
(a) He wishes she would go into the house and tend to her own affairs.
(b) He wishes she would go build a new house herself.
(c) He is building a new house.
(d) He is building a new barn.
3. What is Father doing when he has to leave the farm?
(a) Helping with the neighbor's barn.
(b) Setting up chairs.
(c) Buying Mother some new calico.
(d) Picking up a horse.
4. As Mother observes Father's response to her questions following their bantering, what does Mother do?
(a) She walks back to the house.
(b) She keeps on talking to him.
(c) She cries.
(d) She throws a pie at him.
5. As Mother remembers the promise that Father made to her, which of the following best describes her demeanor?
(a) Without resentment, she makes his favorite pie as she remembers that he hasn't kept his promise.
(b) She joyfully makes his favorite pie because he kept his promise to her.
(c) With determination, she refuses to make his favorite pie because he will not keep his promise to her.
(d) She has Nanny make his favorite pie because she is so angry at him.
Short Answer Questions
1. Based on the statement Mother makes after Father leaves, what does Mother believe she has in his absence?
2. What is Father's response to Mother's questions and descriptions of the house and barn?
3. Considering the statement Mother makes after Father leaves the farm, to where does Mother believe their family is headed?
4. Who is in the house after Father leaves the farm?
5. Finally, what answer does Father give Mother about why the men are digging in the field?
This section contains 425 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)