|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. About what was the visitor astonished?
(a) How small the new barn is.
(b) How beautiful the new house looks.
(c) Mother's lack of concern about what people think of her decision.
(d) Mother's superior ability to recite Scripture.
2. What is Mother's description of what Father is doing regarding the family house and barn?
(a) Not providing well for his family.
(b) Lodging his "dumb beasts" better than his flesh and blood.
(c) Not lodging his "dumb beasts" very well.
(d) Providing well for his family.
3. Describe the harness room of the new barn as it is in Section 4.
(a) It is the new kitchen.
(b) It is a bedroom.
(c) It is a hay mow.
(d) It is still the harness room.
4. What is the best description of the house Adoniram and Sarah Penn own?
(a) A large, spacious mansion.
(b) A small but adequate house.
(c) A quaint but beautiful two-story house.
(d) A tiny shack.
5. In Section 2, where does Nanny suggest that she be married?
(a) In her fiance's house.
(b) In the new barn.
(c) At a friend's house.
(d) In their current house and be happy.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Mother tell Nanny to do following the arrival at the farm?
2. Mother's attitude changes after Sammy provides her with information. What is the best description of this changed attitude?
3. What is Mother's response when she is questioned about her actions following the arrival at the farm?
4. How does Father respond to Mother's two questions following the bantering scene?
5. What is the best description of Mother's assessment of her own attitude toward their house?
This section contains 397 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)