|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How successful is Merivel's first use of the plague cure?
(a) The woman he gives it to gets sick but doesn't die.
(b) The woman he gives it to is on her deathbed, and she is cured.
(c) The woman he gives it to dies.
(d) The woman he gives it to does not get sick after several weeks.
2. Who does Merivel mistake for his mother?
(a) A barmaid.
(b) A shop owner.
(c) A haberdasher's wife.
(d) A servant of the King's.
3. What happens while Merivel is trying to cure Katherine?
(a) She leaves.
(b) She dies.
(c) She recovers.
(d) She passes out.
4. What does Merivel do most of the day while he is ill?
5. How many games does Merivel win?
(a) Three out of seven.
(b) Five out of seven.
(c) One out of seven.
(d) Seven out of seven.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Merivel find a formula for a supposed cure for the plague?
2. How does Merivel feel about his sexual affair with Katherine?
3. Why is the dance rescheduled?
4. What theory does Merivel give at his first contribution to the nightly meeting at the hospital?
5. Who helps Merivel make a rag doll for Katherine?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Merivel offer Finn?
2. How does the King feel about Merivel, after time has passed?
3. Who makes up the staff of Whittlesea Hospital?
4. How does Katherine react to the world outside the hospital?
5. How does Will feel about his master leaving?
6. How does Merivel react to Piepold?
7. Describe the music at the dance.
8. What does the staff of the hospital decide to do because of the plague?
9. Describe Edmund's dreams.
10. What happens when Merivel illicitly visits Katherine?
This section contains 594 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)