|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How are the most insane patients kept?
(a) Locked in small individual rooms.
(b) Chained to posts.
(c) Tied to steel knobs in the wall.
(d) Locked in a large room, free to interact.
2. What news comes to Merivel and the King while they are talking?
(a) An outbreak of the plague has occurred.
(b) The river has flooded.
(c) London Bridge has fallen.
(d) A fire is raging through London.
3. From what symptoms is Pearce suffering?
(a) Confusion, loss of balance, and headaches.
(b) Muscle aches, weakness, and fever.
(c) Lung pain, trouble breathing, and sweats.
(d) Stomach pains, racing heart, and insomnia.
4. What does Merivel do most of the day while he is ill?
5. Who does Merivel see on the river one morning in 1666?
(d) The King.
Short Answer Questions
1. What instigated Katherine's illness?
2. What does Merivel do to help Katherine fall asleep?
3. How does the King respond to Merivel's letter, asking to visit?
4. How has Merivel changed physically at Whittlesea?
5. How successful is Merivel's first use of the plague cure?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Will feel about his master leaving?
2. Describe the signs that end up hanging outside Frances Elizabeth's house.
3. Describe Edmund's dreams.
4. What does Merivel offer Finn?
5. How does the King feel about Merivel, after time has passed?
6. How does Merivel react to Katherine's death?
7. What does the King advise Merivel to do with his life?
8. How does Merivel react to Piepold?
9. What does the staff of the hospital decide to do because of the plague?
10. How does Merivel feel about Pearce?
This section contains 628 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)