|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why do the plague flagellants hit themselves?
(a) They want to take the plague on themselves to cure others.
(b) The think it will cure the plague on the city by their sacrifice.
(c) They want to feel their pain, not the pain of the city.
(d) They think it will stop them from becoming sick.
2. Who is in the house when Merivel emerges from his illness?
(b) The King.
(c) No one.
3. What does Merivel do most of the day while he is ill?
4. What is written on the gate?
(a) A note to Merivel.
(b) A verse from the Bible.
(c) A note to Ambrose.
(d) A children's rhyme.
5. Where do the others tell Edmund he can find God?
(a) In church.
(b) In the Scriptures.
(c) In himself.
(d) In his work.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Merivel's old friend greet him?
2. How does Merivel feel about his sexual affair with Katherine?
3. How has Merivel changed physically at Whittlesea?
4. Who does Merivel mistake for his mother?
5. What does Piepold spend his days thinking of?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Merivel react to Piepold?
2. What happens when Merivel illicitly visits Katherine?
3. What is Merivel able to do at the funeral that he could not do while Pearce was alive?
4. Who makes up the staff of Whittlesea Hospital?
5. What does the staff of the hospital decide to do because of the plague?
6. How does the King feel about Merivel, after time has passed?
7. How does Merivel react to Katherine's death?
8. What does Merivel discover when he examines Pearce?
9. What does Pearce wonder about flowers?
10. Describe the signs that end up hanging outside Frances Elizabeth's house.
This section contains 591 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)