|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Merivel meet Finn, after not seeing him for a long time?
(a) In a park.
(b) At Whitehall.
(c) In a church.
(d) In a pub.
2. What did the woman from Harvey die of?
(a) Kidney failure.
(b) Lung disease.
(c) Liver failure.
(d) Heart failure.
3. How does the King feel about Celia?
(a) He loves her and has abandoned his other lovers to be with her.
(b) He loves her, but she has left him.
(c) He hates her and has her imprisoned.
(d) He no longer cares for her and has sent her away.
4. What guidelines does Ambrose set up for Merivel seeing Katherine?
(a) He can see her three times a day for twenty minutes.
(b) He can see her once every two days.
(c) He can see her one hour a day and fifteen minutes each night.
(d) He can see her one half hour a day and never at night.
5. Who has purchased Merivel's former home, Bidnold Manor?
(a) A French nobleman.
(b) A royal Belgian.
(c) A Swedish tradesman.
(d) A Spanish bullfighter.
Short Answer Questions
1. What game does the King make Merivel play with him when Merivel answers the King's summons?
2. What does Ambrose tell Merivel?
3. How many games does Merivel win?
4. What is unusual about Merivel's sexual encounter with Katherine?
5. What does Merivel buy in preparation for seeing the King?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Merivel able to do at the funeral that he could not do while Pearce was alive?
2. How does Merivel react to Katherine's death?
3. What does Pearce wonder about flowers?
4. Describe the music at the dance.
5. What does the King advise Merivel to do with his life?
6. What prompts Katherine to try to hang herself?
7. How are the most insane patients treated?
8. What punishment did Finn get for arguing with the King?
9. Who makes up the staff of Whittlesea Hospital?
10. How does Merivel feel about Bath?
This section contains 652 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)