|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Merivel feel about his sexual affair with Katherine?
2. Who are the two people Merivel says he has truly loved?
(a) Celia and Pearce.
(b) Pearce and the King.
(c) Violet and Celia.
(d) Violet and the King.
3. What happens while Merivel is trying to cure Katherine?
(a) She passes out.
(b) She dies.
(c) She leaves.
(d) She recovers.
4. How are the most insane patients kept?
(a) Locked in a large room, free to interact.
(b) Chained to posts.
(c) Tied to steel knobs in the wall.
(d) Locked in small individual rooms.
5. How does Pearce feel about Merivel being at the hospital?
(a) He thinks Merivel should stay a short while.
(b) He thinks Merivel should never have come.
(c) He thinks Merivel should leave.
(d) He thinks Merivel belongs there.
Short Answer Questions
1. What news comes to Merivel and the King while they are talking?
2. What do the men in the George Fox building make?
3. What date does the dance finally occur?
4. What name does Merivel go by at Whittlesea?
5. How does Katherine feel about Merivel?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does the King advise Merivel to do with his life?
2. How does Katherine react to the world outside the hospital?
3. How does Merivel feel about Pearce?
4. How does Merivel react to Piepold?
5. What prompts Katherine to try to hang herself?
6. What is Merivel able to do at the funeral that he could not do while Pearce was alive?
7. Who makes up the staff of Whittlesea Hospital?
8. What news does the King give Merivel when Merivel answers the summons?
9. What act of bravery does Merivel commit?
10. Describe the music at the dance.
This section contains 597 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)