|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What theory does Merivel give at his first contribution to the nightly meeting at the hospital?
(a) That insanity is a false diagnosis.
(b) That insanity is progressive and should be caught early.
(c) That insanity is contagious and patients should be separated.
(d) That insanity is not contained in the body's fluids.
2. What effect does the plague have on the patients in the hospital?
(c) An unnatural giddiness.
3. Where does Merivel meet Finn, after not seeing him for a long time?
(a) In a park.
(b) At Whitehall.
(c) In a pub.
(d) In a church.
4. Who are the two people Merivel says he has truly loved?
(a) Celia and Pearce.
(b) Violet and Celia.
(c) Violet and the King.
(d) Pearce and the King.
5. How does Merivel treat Katherine?
(a) He uses leeches on her.
(b) He gives her a potion.
(c) He wraps herbs around her head.
(d) He bleeds her from her arm.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where do Merivel and Katherine go?
2. At the funeral, what does Merivel express toward Pearce?
3. What does Merivel buy in preparation for seeing the King?
4. What do the female patients do for exercise?
5. Who has purchased Merivel's former home, Bidnold Manor?
This section contains 254 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)