|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Merivel buy in preparation for seeing the King?
(a) New clothes, a wig, and shoes.
(b) A gift of gems for the king.
(d) A portrait from Finn.
2. What religion is the staff at Whittlesea Hospital?
3. Why is the dance rescheduled?
(a) Because of rain.
(b) Because a patient has a seizure.
(c) Because of an unexpected visitor.
(d) Because the roof collapses.
4. How does Merivel feel about his sexual affair with Katherine?
5. What does Merivel feel for Katherine?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is written on the gate?
2. What do the men in the George Fox building make?
3. What does Merivel do most of the day while he is ill?
4. After leaving London, who does Merivel go to see?
5. Where does Merivel find a formula for a supposed cure for the plague?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Merivel react to Katherine's death?
2. What does the staff of the hospital decide to do because of the plague?
3. Who makes up the staff of Whittlesea Hospital?
4. How are the most insane patients treated?
5. What news does the King give Merivel when Merivel answers the summons?
6. How does Merivel feel about Bath?
7. Describe Edmund's dreams.
8. What punishment did Finn get for arguing with the King?
9. What does Merivel discover when he examines Pearce?
10. What happens when Merivel illicitly visits Katherine?
This section contains 555 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)