|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After leaving London, who does Merivel go to see?
(a) Celia's father.
(d) The King.
2. What do the men in the George Fox building make?
3. What does Ambrose tell Merivel?
(a) That he must commit to become a Quaker.
(b) That he must begin working at manual labor in the grounds.
(c) That he must stop practicing medicine.
(d) That he must leave Whittlesea.
4. How does Merivel treat Pearce?
(a) With hourly medicines and exercises.
(b) With bedrest and herbal remedies.
(c) With bloodletting.
(d) With an herbal wrap and steam.
5. How much does Merivel pay Finn for his portrait?
(a) Twenty-four shillings.
(b) Twelve shillings.
(c) Twenty shillings.
(d) Seven shillings.
Short Answer Questions
1. What effect does the plague have on the patients in the hospital?
2. What does Merivel buy in preparation for seeing the King?
3. How does the King feel about Celia?
4. Why do the plague flagellants hit themselves?
5. What calms Katherine down?
This section contains 261 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)