|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Merivel buy in preparation for seeing the King?
(a) A portrait from Finn.
(c) A gift of gems for the king.
(d) New clothes, a wig, and shoes.
2. From what symptoms is Pearce suffering?
(a) Stomach pains, racing heart, and insomnia.
(b) Muscle aches, weakness, and fever.
(c) Confusion, loss of balance, and headaches.
(d) Lung pain, trouble breathing, and sweats.
3. Why is the dance rescheduled?
(a) Because the roof collapses.
(b) Because of an unexpected visitor.
(c) Because of rain.
(d) Because a patient has a seizure.
4. How does Merivel celebrate his birthday when Katherine is pregnant?
(a) Merivel and Katherine celebrate quietly together.
(b) Katherine throws a surprise party for Merivel.
(c) Merivel and Katherine throw a big party.
(d) Merivel keeps it a secret and doesn't celebrate.
5. What did the woman from Harvey die of?
(a) Kidney failure.
(b) Liver failure.
(c) Heart failure.
(d) Lung disease.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Merivel meet Finn, after not seeing him for a long time?
2. Why do the plague flagellants hit themselves?
3. What happens when Merivel tries to catch up with Piepold's relatives?
4. What does Piepold spend his days thinking of?
5. How does Merivel treat Katherine?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Merivel feel about Pearce?
2. How does the King feel about Merivel, after time has passed?
3. What happens when Merivel illicitly visits Katherine?
4. What prompts Katherine to try to hang herself?
5. Who makes up the staff of Whittlesea Hospital?
6. How does Will feel about his master leaving?
7. What does the King advise Merivel to do with his life?
8. What does the staff of the hospital decide to do because of the plague?
9. How are the most insane patients treated?
10. Describe the music at the dance.
This section contains 661 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)