|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Merivel do most of the day while he is ill?
2. How much does Merivel pay Finn for his portrait?
(a) Twenty-four shillings.
(b) Seven shillings.
(c) Twelve shillings.
(d) Twenty shillings.
3. What happens when Merivel tries to catch up with Piepold's relatives?
(a) His horse gets sick and refuses to move.
(b) He is thrown off his horse.
(c) His horse is too slow.
(d) His horse gets a lame foot.
4. Where does Merivel meet Finn, after not seeing him for a long time?
(a) In a church.
(b) In a park.
(c) In a pub.
(d) At Whitehall.
5. Why is the dance rescheduled?
(a) Because of rain.
(b) Because a patient has a seizure.
(c) Because of an unexpected visitor.
(d) Because the roof collapses.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is unusual about Merivel's sexual encounter with Katherine?
2. What is the straw resting-place for the doll called?
3. How does Pearce feel about Merivel being at the hospital?
4. What do the female patients do for exercise?
5. What happens to Katherine during the birth of the baby?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Merivel feel about Pearce?
2. What does Pearce wonder about flowers?
3. What does Merivel offer Finn?
4. What act of bravery does Merivel commit?
5. How does Merivel feel about Bath?
6. Describe the signs that end up hanging outside Frances Elizabeth's house.
7. What news does the King give Merivel when Merivel answers the summons?
8. How does Will feel about his master leaving?
9. Who makes up the staff of Whittlesea Hospital?
10. How does Merivel react to Piepold?
This section contains 610 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)