|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How has Merivel changed physically at Whittlesea?
(a) He has not changed.
(b) He has lost weight.
(c) He has grown stooped.
(d) He has gained weight.
2. After leaving London, who does Merivel go to see?
(b) The King.
(c) Celia's father.
3. Who are the two people Merivel says he has truly loved?
(a) Violet and Celia.
(b) Violet and the King.
(c) Celia and Pearce.
(d) Pearce and the King.
4. What disease does Merivel come down with?
(d) Chicken Pox.
5. What is unusual about Merivel's sexual encounter with Katherine?
(a) Katherine is perfectly still.
(b) They roleplay that they're old.
(c) Merivel has difficulty performing.
(d) It has religious overtones.
Short Answer Questions
1. From what symptoms is Pearce suffering?
2. Who does Merivel hope to save in the emergency?
3. Who is in the house when Merivel emerges from his illness?
4. What effect does the plague have on the patients in the hospital?
5. What happens when Merivel tries to catch up with Piepold's relatives?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Pearce wonder about flowers?
2. How does the King feel about Merivel, after time has passed?
3. How does Merivel react to Katherine's death?
4. Describe Edmund's dreams.
5. How does Will feel about his master leaving?
6. How does Merivel feel about Bath?
7. How does Merivel react to Piepold?
8. What news does the King give Merivel when Merivel answers the summons?
9. Describe the signs that end up hanging outside Frances Elizabeth's house.
10. What happens when Merivel illicitly visits Katherine?
This section contains 554 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)