|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What name does Merivel go by at Whittlesea?
(d) Sir Robert.
2. What did the King think of the portrait Finn painted?
(a) He thought it was barely satisfactory.
(b) He didn't like it.
(c) He loved it and thought it was a masterwork.
(d) He liked it, but not greatly.
3. After leaving London, who does Merivel go to see?
(a) Celia's father.
(d) The King.
4. Who is in the house when Merivel emerges from his illness?
(a) The King.
(d) No one.
5. What do the men in the George Fox building make?
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Merivel feel about his sexual affair with Katherine?
2. What news comes to Merivel and the King while they are talking?
3. Who has purchased Merivel's former home, Bidnold Manor?
4. How much does Merivel pay Finn for his portrait?
5. From what symptoms is Pearce suffering?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Katherine react to the world outside the hospital?
2. Who makes up the staff of Whittlesea Hospital?
3. What is Merivel able to do at the funeral that he could not do while Pearce was alive?
4. What does the staff of the hospital decide to do because of the plague?
5. What does Merivel offer Finn?
6. How does Merivel feel about Bath?
7. How does Will feel about his master leaving?
8. What punishment did Finn get for arguing with the King?
9. How are the most insane patients treated?
10. What does the King advise Merivel to do with his life?
This section contains 555 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)