|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What has happened to Katherine?
(a) She has tried to kill herself a second time.
(b) She is ill with the plague.
(c) She is pregnant.
(d) She is hallucinating.
2. How does Merivel's old friend greet him?
3. What does Merivel buy in preparation for seeing the King?
(b) A gift of gems for the king.
(c) New clothes, a wig, and shoes.
(d) A portrait from Finn.
4. Who has purchased Merivel's former home, Bidnold Manor?
(a) A Swedish tradesman.
(b) A Spanish bullfighter.
(c) A royal Belgian.
(d) A French nobleman.
5. What happens when Merivel tries to catch up with Piepold's relatives?
(a) He is thrown off his horse.
(b) His horse gets sick and refuses to move.
(c) His horse gets a lame foot.
(d) His horse is too slow.
Short Answer Questions
1. How do Merivel and Katherine leave for London?
2. Where does Merivel's runaway horse end up?
3. From what symptoms is Pearce suffering?
4. Who does Merivel hope to save in the emergency?
5. What date does the dance finally occur?
This section contains 213 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)