|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is written on the gate?
(a) A note to Ambrose.
(b) A note to Merivel.
(c) A children's rhyme.
(d) A verse from the Bible.
2. What did the King think of the portrait Finn painted?
(a) He didn't like it.
(b) He liked it, but not greatly.
(c) He loved it and thought it was a masterwork.
(d) He thought it was barely satisfactory.
3. How does Katherine feel about Merivel?
(a) She is indifferent to him, except sexually.
(b) She feels like a mother to him.
(c) She hates him.
(d) She loves him.
4. From what symptoms is Pearce suffering?
(a) Stomach pains, racing heart, and insomnia.
(b) Lung pain, trouble breathing, and sweats.
(c) Muscle aches, weakness, and fever.
(d) Confusion, loss of balance, and headaches.
5. What calms Katherine down?
(a) A religious statue.
(b) A doll.
(c) Merivel's presence.
(d) A book.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does the King respond to Merivel's letter, asking to visit?
2. What happens while Merivel is trying to cure Katherine?
3. What theory does Merivel give at his first contribution to the nightly meeting at the hospital?
4. At the funeral, what does Merivel express toward Pearce?
5. What game does the King make Merivel play with him when Merivel answers the King's summons?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Merivel treat Katherine on their journey?
2. How does Merivel react to Piepold?
3. What does Merivel offer Finn?
4. What does the King advise Merivel to do with his life?
5. Describe the signs that end up hanging outside Frances Elizabeth's house.
6. How does Merivel feel about Bath?
7. How does Merivel react to Katherine's death?
8. What does the staff of the hospital decide to do because of the plague?
9. What punishment did Finn get for arguing with the King?
10. How are the most insane patients treated?
This section contains 621 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)