|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did the King think of the portrait Finn painted?
(a) He thought it was barely satisfactory.
(b) He didn't like it.
(c) He liked it, but not greatly.
(d) He loved it and thought it was a masterwork.
2. How successful is Merivel's first use of the plague cure?
(a) The woman he gives it to does not get sick after several weeks.
(b) The woman he gives it to is on her deathbed, and she is cured.
(c) The woman he gives it to dies.
(d) The woman he gives it to gets sick but doesn't die.
3. How does Pearce feel about Merivel being at the hospital?
(a) He thinks Merivel belongs there.
(b) He thinks Merivel should leave.
(c) He thinks Merivel should never have come.
(d) He thinks Merivel should stay a short while.
4. What happens when Merivel tries to catch up with Piepold's relatives?
(a) His horse gets a lame foot.
(b) His horse gets sick and refuses to move.
(c) He is thrown off his horse.
(d) His horse is too slow.
5. How does Merivel's old friend greet him?
Short Answer Questions
1. What natural alternative treatments does Merivel think of for extracting fluids?
2. How many games does Merivel win?
3. What is written on the gate?
4. Where does Merivel go after he leaves the manor for good?
5. What does Ambrose make Merivel do before passing through the gate?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Merivel feel about Pearce?
2. What does Pearce wonder about flowers?
3. Describe the music at the dance.
4. How does Merivel feel about Bath?
5. What does the King advise Merivel to do with his life?
6. Describe the signs that end up hanging outside Frances Elizabeth's house.
7. What happens when Merivel illicitly visits Katherine?
8. How does Merivel react to Katherine's death?
9. How does Merivel treat Katherine on their journey?
10. What act of bravery does Merivel commit?
This section contains 643 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)