|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What disease does Merivel come down with?
(d) Chicken Pox.
2. What did the King think of the portrait Finn painted?
(a) He didn't like it.
(b) He loved it and thought it was a masterwork.
(c) He thought it was barely satisfactory.
(d) He liked it, but not greatly.
3. How does Katherine feel about Merivel?
(a) She loves him.
(b) She feels like a mother to him.
(c) She hates him.
(d) She is indifferent to him, except sexually.
4. How does Merivel feel about his sexual affair with Katherine?
5. How does Merivel celebrate his birthday when Katherine is pregnant?
(a) Merivel and Katherine celebrate quietly together.
(b) Merivel keeps it a secret and doesn't celebrate.
(c) Katherine throws a surprise party for Merivel.
(d) Merivel and Katherine throw a big party.
Short Answer Questions
1. What effect does the plague have on the patients in the hospital?
2. What does Merivel feel for Katherine?
3. How does Pearce feel about Merivel being at the hospital?
4. What date does the dance finally occur?
5. How does Merivel treat Pearce?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Merivel discover when he examines Pearce?
2. How does Merivel react to Katherine's death?
3. How does Will feel about his master leaving?
4. How does Katherine react to the world outside the hospital?
5. What does Merivel offer Finn?
6. Describe the signs that end up hanging outside Frances Elizabeth's house.
7. What news does the King give Merivel when Merivel answers the summons?
8. Describe the music at the dance.
9. How does Merivel feel about Pearce?
10. What happens when Merivel illicitly visits Katherine?
This section contains 541 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)