|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Merivel celebrate his birthday when Katherine is pregnant?
(a) Katherine throws a surprise party for Merivel.
(b) Merivel keeps it a secret and doesn't celebrate.
(c) Merivel and Katherine celebrate quietly together.
(d) Merivel and Katherine throw a big party.
2. How does Merivel treat Katherine?
(a) He wraps herbs around her head.
(b) He uses leeches on her.
(c) He gives her a potion.
(d) He bleeds her from her arm.
3. Why is the dance rescheduled?
(a) Because of an unexpected visitor.
(b) Because a patient has a seizure.
(c) Because the roof collapses.
(d) Because of rain.
4. Who does Merivel see on the river one morning in 1666?
(c) The King.
5. What calms Katherine down?
(a) A doll.
(b) Merivel's presence.
(c) A book.
(d) A religious statue.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does the King feel about Celia?
2. How does Pearce feel about Merivel being at the hospital?
3. What does Ambrose tell Merivel?
4. How does Merivel feel about his sexual affair with Katherine?
5. What theory does Merivel give at his first contribution to the nightly meeting at the hospital?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does the King advise Merivel to do with his life?
2. How does Will feel about his master leaving?
3. How does Merivel treat Katherine on their journey?
4. Describe the signs that end up hanging outside Frances Elizabeth's house.
5. How does the King feel about Merivel, after time has passed?
6. What news does the King give Merivel when Merivel answers the summons?
7. What does Merivel offer Finn?
8. What does the staff of the hospital decide to do because of the plague?
9. How does Merivel feel about Bath?
10. What punishment did Finn get for arguing with the King?
This section contains 626 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)