|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1, Chapter 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What problem does Merivel have while painting Meg?
(a) His eyes start blurring.
(b) He gets annoyed with her.
(c) He gets aroused.
(d) He gets bored.
2. How does Lady Bathurst react to Celia moving into the mansion?
(a) She is happy.
(b) She is relieved.
(c) She is angry.
(d) She is worried.
3. How soon does the King offer to take Celia back, if she gives up her demand?
(a) Six months.
(b) Eight months.
(c) Two months.
(d) Four months.
4. What does Finn bring Merivel as a first payment for using his influence?
(a) A new canvas and oil paints.
(b) A diamond necklace.
(c) A bird in a cage.
(d) A bowl of plastic fruit.
5. To ahat does Merivel compare his stomach freckles?
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Merivel think the King feels about him?
2. What narrative perspective does the novel use?
3. What is draped over Meg in Merivel's pictures?
4. How is the person in the story cured?
5. What does Merivel look for at the pub for his dog?
This section contains 237 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)