|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1, Chapter 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Merivel miss, alone in his mansion?
(a) The Queen.
(c) His wife.
(d) The King.
2. What does Pearce say about Merivel's love for the King?
(a) It will bring fortune.
(b) It is glorious.
(c) It is misplaced.
(d) It will bring happiness.
3. What does Merivel ask for in his letter to the King?
(a) Political power.
(c) A job.
4. Why does Celia say Merivel was chosen as her husband?
(a) The King hated him and wanted him out of the court.
(b) The King was jealous and wanted him out of the court.
(c) He was the only one stupid enough.
(d) He was the only one trustworthy enough.
5. What is the house like when Merivel arrives?
(a) Deserted and silent.
(b) Occupied by a small group of contented people.
(c) Full of solemn people.
(d) Full of people and revels.
Short Answer Questions
1. How is the person in the story cured?
2. In what room does Celia lock herself?
3. How soon does the King offer to take Celia back, if she gives up her demand?
4. What village is Merivel's mansion in?
5. What does Merivel hire Meg as?
This section contains 237 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)