|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens when Gemmy wakens from his nightmare?
(a) He realizes it was a premonition.
(b) He realizes he is somewhere else.
(c) He realizes what he dreamed is actually happening.
(d) He realizes that it was only a dream.
2. What does Gemmy believe will happen if a person ignores someone who only wants attention?
(a) He will no longer want attention.
(b) He will get the attention he wants.
(c) He will go away.
(d) He will become invisible.
3. Who does Lachlan talk to when trying to locate Gemmy?
(a) The natives
(b) George Abbot
(c) The settlers
(d) Mrs. Hutchence and Leona
4. Which of the McIvors helps Mrs. Hutchence with her hobby?
5. What does Gemmy do with "his papers"?
(a) He puts them in the swamp.
(b) He lets the rain wash the ink off of them.
(c) He buries them in the ground.
(d) He takes them to Mrs. Hutchence.
Short Answer Questions
1. What becomes Janet's lifelong passion and hobby?
2. What does Mr. Frazer want to do as a result of his botany work?
3. Where has Mr. Frazer taken Gemmy's papers?
4. What does Gemmy do with the hunting ferrets one night when Willett passes out drunk?
5. How did Willett treat Gemmy when he lived with him?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Sir George's vision for Queensland?
2. Describe the two events that happen in this chapter which unnerve Jock.
3. Describe the mob's attack on Gemmy.
4. What does Janet realize on the night depicted in this chapter that makes her feel she has become an adult?
5. How have Mr. Frazer's views on botany changed since Gemmy has come to the settlement?
6. How does George Abbot trick Gemmy in this chapter? Why does he do this?
7. What does Jock do in response to the attack on Gemmy?
8. Describe how Gemmy's strength is restored during his visit with the natives.
9. How does Gemmy help Mrs. Hutchence with her beekeeping?
10. Why is Gemmy desperate to get "his papers" back from George and Mr. Frazer?
This section contains 795 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)