|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did the natives give Gemmy when they visited him?
(a) A weapon
(c) A stone
(d) Soil and water
2. What is Sir George's role in Queensland?
(a) To make the country into a self-governing state
(b) To ensure that England's interests are protected
(c) To help settlers begin their farms
(d) To remove the native population
3. What is Mrs. Hutchence's hobby?
4. How does Jock feel about having to confront the person who damaged his fence?
5. Who does Mr. Frazer go to Brisbane to meet with?
(a) Jock McIvor
(b) George Abbot
(c) The King of England
(d) Sir George
Short Answer Questions
1. What role does Lachlan initially take with Gemmy?
2. When do the events in this chapter take place?
3. Who does Mr. Frazer credit with his expanded interest in botany?
4. What impresses Gemmy about Mr. Frazer?
5. Who rescues Gemmy from the mob?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the event that caused Willett's death.
2. Describe the two events that happen in this chapter which unnerve Jock.
3. How does Gemmy help Mrs. Hutchence with her beekeeping?
4. What did Gemmy do that affected Janet and Lachlan's lives?
5. What is Sir George's vision for Queensland?
6. Describe how Gemmy's strength is restored during his visit with the natives.
7. How have Mr. Frazer's views on botany changed since Gemmy has come to the settlement?
8. How do Lachlan's relationships with the other settler children change over time? What causes this change?
9. What event brings Janet and Lachlan back together after many years?
10. Why is Gemmy desperate to get "his papers" back from George and Mr. Frazer?
This section contains 790 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)