|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Gemmy do with the hunting ferrets one night when Willett passes out drunk?
(a) He kills them.
(b) He feeds them treats.
(c) He sets them on fire.
(d) He releases them from their cages.
2. What happens when Gemmy wakens from his nightmare?
(a) He realizes what he dreamed is actually happening.
(b) He realizes he is somewhere else.
(c) He realizes that it was only a dream.
(d) He realizes it was a premonition.
3. How does Janet feel when the swarm of bees surrounds her unprotected body one day?
4. Which of the McIvors is most enraged by the incident with the geese?
5. What becomes Janet's lifelong passion and hobby?
6. Where has Mr. Frazer taken Gemmy's papers?
(a) To the McIvors
(b) To England
(c) To Brisbane
(d) To the aborigines
7. What does Gemmy do with "his papers"?
(a) He puts them in the swamp.
(b) He lets the rain wash the ink off of them.
(c) He takes them to Mrs. Hutchence.
(d) He buries them in the ground.
8. When do the events in this chapter take place?
(a) 5 months after Gemmy left the settlement
(b) 15 years after Gemmy left the settlement
(c) 5 years after Gemmy left the settlement
(d) 50 years after Gemmy left the settlement
9. How does Mrs. Hutchence remove the bees from Janet when they swarm her?
(a) She smokes them.
(b) She sprays them with bee killer.
(c) She catches them in a net.
(d) She swats at them.
10. Who does Gemmy move in with after he is attacked?
(a) Mr. & Mrs. Frazer
(b) Mrs. Hutchence
(c) George Abbot
(d) The McIvors
11. Who does Mr. Frazer credit with his expanded interest in botany?
(b) The aborigines
(c) George Abbot
(d) Jock McIvor
12. What is Sir George's response to Mr. Frazer's plan?
(a) He dismisses it.
(b) He views it as a threat.
(c) He expresses interest in it.
(d) He eagerly embraces it.
13. What was Willett's profession?
(a) He ran an orphanage.
(b) He was a rat catcher.
(c) He was a landlord.
(d) He was a dog catcher.
14. How did Willett treat Gemmy when he lived with him?
(a) He ignored and neglected Gemmy.
(b) He was loving towards Gemmy.
(c) He was abusive towards Gemmy.
(d) He treated Gemmy like a son.
15. What does Gemmy do when he discovers that he cannot extinguish the fire in Willett's home?
(a) He calls the fire department.
(b) He goes to a neighbor for help.
(c) He runs away.
(d) He drags Willett from the house.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Jock sleep after the attack on Gemmy?
2. What role does Lachlan initially take with Gemmy?
3. What does Gemmy hope to get from George Abbot?
4. What impresses Gemmy about Mr. Frazer?
5. What does Mr. Frazer begin writing about in this chapter?
This section contains 508 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)