|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is George Abbot thinking of when Gemmy arrives at the schoolhouse?
(a) Mr. Frazer
(b) His godfather
2. How does Jock feel about the strange occurrences around his farm?
(a) He feels hurt and betrayed.
(b) He feels confused.
(c) He feels vindicated.
(d) He feels angry and violent.
3. Who does Mr. Frazer go to Brisbane to meet with?
(a) Sir George
(b) Jock McIvor
(c) George Abbot
(d) The King of England
4. Why does Lachlan not find out about the attack on Gemmy until the next day?
(a) He slept through the incident.
(b) He was out with friends when it happened.
(c) The McIvors want to protect him.
(d) His classmates are afraid to tell him about the incident.
5. What does Gemmy hope to get from George Abbot?
(a) His clothes
(b) His papers
(c) His stone
6. What awakens Ellen at the beginning of this chapter?
(a) Bumps against the wall of the hut
(b) A knock at the front door of the hut
(c) Gemmy's yells
(d) Jock getting up and leaving the bed
7. What does Mr. Frazer begin writing about in this chapter?
(b) Gemmy's history
(c) The use of native plants rather than importing items from Europe
(d) The attack on Gemmy
8. Why is Jock relieved when the mob disperses?
(a) He does not want the neighbors to be upset with him.
(b) He does not have to see who attacked Gemmy.
(c) He would have had to kill one of them if he saw them.
(d) He is glad Gemmy is unharmed.
9. Which of the McIvors is most enraged by the incident with the geese?
10. What does Gemmy do when he discovers that he cannot extinguish the fire in Willett's home?
(a) He drags Willett from the house.
(b) He runs away.
(c) He goes to a neighbor for help.
(d) He calls the fire department.
11. Where does Jock sleep after the attack on Gemmy?
(a) In Gemmy's lean-to
(b) On the front porch of the hut
(c) He does not sleep
(d) In his bed
12. What is Sir George's response to Mr. Frazer's plan?
(a) He expresses interest in it.
(b) He eagerly embraces it.
(c) He dismisses it.
(d) He views it as a threat.
13. Which of the McIvor children stands outside with Ellen as she waits for Jock to return?
14. Which of the McIvors helps Mrs. Hutchence with her hobby?
15. What event causes Jock to stop visiting his neighbors?
(a) The settlers criticize Gemmy
(b) Gemmy becomes upset
(c) Three of his wife's geese are killed
(d) Three of his wife's chickens are killed
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Gemmy start dreaming about in this chapter?
2. What does Lachlan find at the site where the "dispersal" supposedly took place?
3. Which two characters meet in this chapter?
4. What is Sir George's role in Queensland?
5. What does Gemmy believe will happen if a person ignores someone who only wants attention?
This section contains 538 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)