|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Jock feel about having to confront the person who damaged his fence?
2. What is Sir George's response to Mr. Frazer's plan?
(a) He dismisses it.
(b) He expresses interest in it.
(c) He views it as a threat.
(d) He eagerly embraces it.
3. How does Janet feel when the swarm of bees surrounds her unprotected body one day?
4. What does Mr. Frazer suggest that the government plant in Queensland?
(a) European plants
(c) Native orchards
5. What does Gemmy hope to get from George Abbot?
(b) His stone
(c) His clothes
(d) His papers
6. Who does Lachlan talk to when trying to locate Gemmy?
(a) The settlers
(b) George Abbot
(c) Mrs. Hutchence and Leona
(d) The natives
7. How does Gemmy react to the attack on the geese?
(a) He becomes violent.
(b) He becomes withdrawn.
(c) He becomes more vocal.
(d) He becomes enraged.
8. What does Mr. Frazer want to do as a result of his botany work?
(a) Become a professional botanist
(b) Return to England
(c) Move into the woods with the aborigines
(d) Preserve the native ecology
9. What does Mr. Frazer begin writing about in this chapter?
(a) The use of native plants rather than importing items from Europe
(b) Gemmy's history
(c) The attack on Gemmy
10. Who does Mr. Frazer attempt to tell Sir George about?
(a) The aborigines
(b) The McIvors
(d) George Abbot
11. Who is the only child at the settlement whom Lachlan becomes close with?
12. Which of the McIvors is most enraged by the incident with the geese?
13. Who assists Gemmy in finding a new home after he is attacked?
(a) Mrs. Frazer
(b) Mr. Frazer
(c) Mrs. Hutchence
14. How does Jock feel about the strange occurrences around his farm?
(a) He feels hurt and betrayed.
(b) He feels vindicated.
(c) He feels angry and violent.
(d) He feels confused.
15. How did Willett treat Gemmy when he lived with him?
(a) He was loving towards Gemmy.
(b) He treated Gemmy like a son.
(c) He was abusive towards Gemmy.
(d) He ignored and neglected Gemmy.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was Willett's profession?
2. Which of the McIvors helps Mrs. Hutchence with her hobby?
3. Who rescues Gemmy from the mob?
4. Where does Janet live in this chapter?
5. Who does Gemmy move in with after he is attacked?
This section contains 416 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)