|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Gemmy feel after receiving the gift from the aborigines?
(a) Excited and anxious
(b) Refreshed and strengthened
(c) Agitated and angry
(d) Confused and upset
2. What did the natives give Gemmy when they visited him?
(a) A weapon
(b) A stone
(d) Soil and water
3. What does Mrs. Hutchence give Gemmy that sparks memories of his childhood?
(b) A chest
(c) A bed
(d) A stone
4. Who assists Gemmy in finding a new home after he is attacked?
(a) Mrs. Hutchence
(c) Mrs. Frazer
(d) Mr. Frazer
5. What do the settlers put on the McIvors' fence?
6. Who does Mr. Frazer attempt to tell Sir George about?
(b) George Abbot
(c) The aborigines
(d) The McIvors
7. When do the events in this chapter take place?
(a) 5 months after Gemmy left the settlement
(b) 15 years after Gemmy left the settlement
(c) 50 years after Gemmy left the settlement
(d) 5 years after Gemmy left the settlement
8. What impresses Gemmy about Mr. Frazer?
(a) His commitment to the land
(b) His kindness towards Gemmy
(c) His drawing skills
(d) His relationship with the settlers
9. What strikes Janet most about Mrs. Hutchence's demeanor when working with the bees?
(a) Her skill
(b) Her excitement
(c) Her bravery
(d) Her enthusiasm
10. What was Willett's profession?
(a) He was a landlord.
(b) He ran an orphanage.
(c) He was a rat catcher.
(d) He was a dog catcher.
11. What does Gemmy do with "his papers"?
(a) He lets the rain wash the ink off of them.
(b) He puts them in the swamp.
(c) He buries them in the ground.
(d) He takes them to Mrs. Hutchence.
12. Which of the McIvors is most enraged by the incident with the geese?
13. Who does Mr. Frazer go to Brisbane to meet with?
(a) Jock McIvor
(b) The King of England
(c) Sir George
(d) George Abbot
14. What event causes Jock to stop visiting his neighbors?
(a) Gemmy becomes upset
(b) The settlers criticize Gemmy
(c) Three of his wife's chickens are killed
(d) Three of his wife's geese are killed
15. Which two characters meet in this chapter?
(a) Lachlan, Gemmy and Janet
(b) Janet and Gemmy
(c) Janet and Lachlan
(d) Lachlan and Gemmy
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Mr. Frazer credit with his expanded interest in botany?
2. What does the mob do when Jock approaches them near the creek?
3. How does Lachlan feel when he visits Gemmy at Mrs. Hutchence's house?
4. How did Willett treat Gemmy when he lived with him?
5. What does Mr. Frazer want to do as a result of his botany work?
This section contains 456 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)