Short Answer Questions Key
1. Where do the three children find the "dark figure"?
In the swamp
2. What do the children think the figure is when they first see it?
A black person
3. What does Lachlan pretend his stick is?
4. What does the figure from the swamp first do that surprises the children?
He speaks to them in English.
5. What are the children afraid of after hearing their parents' stories?
The natives of Queensland
6. Which of the following details is NOT true of Gemmy's appearance?
He is built like a sailor.
This section contains 4,537 words
(approx. 16 pages at 300 words per page)